Europe – Brain Training Now Available For Free & For Limited Time On Wii U Virtual Console

Taleweaver

Storywriter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The European Wii U eShop has received a late night surprise, Dr.Kawashima’s Brain Training (Brain Age in North America) has released.

The game has been made available for free and for a limited time following a similar release in Japan. Nintendo has not announced either release but did announce they would be bringing DS games to the Wii U Virtual Console in the future. The game will remain available in Japan until June 30th, whereas the game will remain available in Europe until July 10th. Dr.Kawashima’s Brain Training is one of the Touch Generations branded software titles released by Nintendo in the mid 2000′s credited to Nintendo’s most successful period. This lone game went on to sell more than 19 million copies world-wide and spawned not only a sequel title More Braining Training but a whole host of cookie cutter clones trying to take Nintendo’s market share.

The game tests players through a series of mathematical, stroop and Sudoku puzzles. After the first use the game rates the player on their ability with a “Brain Age”. For example if someone was in their sixties and they were given an age of twenty this would be considered excellent, however if a twenty year old was rated sixty, it would be recommend that they use the software daily to improve their performance.

source

other (similar) source

---

I actually googled this news after noticing it being available myself. Downloaded and played a bit. Doesn't seem time-restricted, but can't say it for sure. In any way, it's a nice little time waster (if for nothing else: sudoku). :)

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Gonna download it once I get home, since free is always nice. If nothing else, the gamepad can be used for the Sudoku games as you said :)

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Great news - downloaded! Seems to emulate the game perfectly too, as I had this on the DS and that couldn't recognize my Wigan accent either.....

Me: "Blue... BLUE!....BBLLLUUUEEE!!!"
*Tick*
Me: "Finally!"
(Red un shows up)
Me, still peeved: "knobhead"
*Tick*
Me: "WTF?"

*knocks off mic games*
:lol:

Reactions: oddMLan and ploggy

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great news - downloaded! Seems to emulate the game perfectly too, as I had this on the DS and that couldn't recognize my Wigan accent either.....

*Tick*
(Red un shows up)
*Tick*

*knocks off mic games*
Uh... Head can sound sort of like red? :P

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

*Tick*
(Red un shows up)
*Tick*

*knocks off mic games*

LOL. Exactly the same happened to me too (Welsh accent tho)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
LOL. Exactly the same happened to me too (Welsh accent tho)
LOL! And pretty much exactly the same here in Dutch.
Taleweaver: "blauw...blauw...BLAUW...BLAUW!!! BLOW...blâuw?...bla-uw?...bleu? blauv? blaùw?"
Hiroshima Kawashima: that's all wrong...and your brain age is 80!
Taleweaver: aw, come on! :angry:

I thought it was some sort of translation error of that one color, as it's not so bad in English (perhaps my Antwerpian English is a better English pronounciation...ironically enough :P ).

Reactions: mightymuffy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.