pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
renton56 said:
so which cards does EO3 work on so far anyways? still getting freezes on Original r4 with wood

but hopefully other cards work and one for wood is comming soon
biggrin.gif

Works fine on SuperCard DStwo. I just reached floor B6 and have done plenty of sea voyages and the game's never frozen. I actually bought this card specifically for EO3 and Last Window xD.

Archimdae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just been waiting patiently for the patch. Rarely does complaining or whining help encourage the scenes develop patches.

Also as Goli said, this is a pretty popular thread, there are 37 people reading it right now, only 8 of them are members.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been playing for three hours now, and the damn guard won't let me past him... I am sure I have found every available shortcut and stepped on every square in my explorable area. I even found the trapped baby lynx. This is really starting to piss me off.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sterl500 said:
Been playing for three hours now, and the damn guard won't let me past him... I am sure I have found every available shortcut and stepped on every square in my explorable area. I even found the trapped baby lynx. This is really starting to piss me off.

Did you map EVERY single part of the map correctly? Not sure if having a few bad tiles might make it unpassable. (Gamefaqs has perfect maps to every floor i believe)

ramestre

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.area99br.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Sterl500 said:

If you had found every available shortcut, you'd be able to pass through the guard. I thought the same thing when I thought I had finished mapping the first floor, yet he still refused to let me pass, but I managed to find all the shortcuts. You don't need to step in every square, just draw the map of the area and find the shortcuts.

Siveria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't even get what people see in pokemon, the game hasn't changed really at all story or gameplay wise since the first ones came out. I can't figure out why everyone goes so nuts over it. Its not that good of a game.

Saka2004

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ramestre said:
Sterl500 said:

If you had found every available shortcut, you'd be able to pass through the guard. I thought the same thing when I thought I had finished mapping the first floor, yet he still refused to let me pass, but I managed to find all the shortcuts. You don't need to step in every square, just draw the map of the area and find the shortcuts.

it's not just walking, you have to draw 'walls'

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well just got past the bugger. Seems my mistake was when I wanted to make my map more pretty, and put down red squares all over the areas that I couldn't explore. I also put blue squares over places I could see an walk over but hadn't walked over yet. Seems the game checks this sort of stuff.

To put into perspective how long I was playing, I leveled an arablest, gladiator, 2 monks, a zodiac, 3 farmers, and a buccaneer to lvl 4 and up. :/

LOVEnPOP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last night i remembered i hadn't got the last Sakura update so i downloaded it, put it into the card, and played nearly flawlessly for a couple of hours without being frozen while fighting green birds or frogs in the third floor - which i could finally map to the ninja guy point. Then i met a group of five monsters and it froze, but it was definitely better than the past once-in-ten-minutes freezes. Couldn't still sail yet tho, but well, today i'll try fourth floor and still hope for a fix or a new update.

JohanX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
knl said:
Thiago Kotaki May said:
Akaio 1.8 is coming out soon, here's hoping they fixed EO3.

i believe that's just wishful thinking about akaio coming out soon.
According to the AKAIO Message Board, 1.8 is due out soon.

There is a bug report there regarding Etrian Odyssey III, but there is no word on whether or not it will be addressed in 1.8.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Siveria said:
PeregrinFig said:
My party is probably a pretty standard one. Front line I have a Prince, Gladiator, and Hoplite, and back line I have a Ninja and Monk. The Prince is set up to auto-heal, but he sometimes uses attack/guard order, for difficult fights. The Gladiator pounds things, obviously, and the Hoplite is great at offense or defense, with that awesome passive skill to heal while defending. The Ninja is probably my weakest character, but status effects do come in handy. The Monk is weaker than the Ninja in physical power, but his healing is incredibly useful.

Those five are level eight and I'm having relative ease with B2F. Obviously it will get tougher on B3F, but so far, so good.

Put the monk in the front row, they will dish out a pounding then, they deal lower damage from the back row unless ranged, or if they have the ninja passive that allows full damage from back row.
Incredibly late response, but I'm going to keep the Monk in the back. I have never given him any physical skills and he only has one Fist Mastery level, I only have him attack if I want to bind the enemy's legs. (Forged his club) I need those three front spots, because the Prince, Gladiator, and Hoplite all deal amazing damage, and they all have better defense than the Ninja and Monk put together. Once you get further into the game, Line Heal is a necessity. Still need to unlock Party Heal.

I'm on B7F now and my party is level 19. Still haven't found out how to subclass yet, though.
hate2.gif
The game's getting harder, for two main reasons: 1) Lack of better equipment to buy, and 2) Difficulty of obtaining funds to buy items when they do show up. It is not fun going deep into B6F with three weak (put all their points into harvesting skills for as much collecting as possible) farmers, trying to keep them alive.

When I can subclass, I think I've decided how to do it: Prince subbed as Buccaneer for even more support abilities, Gladiator subbed as Hoplite so he's also a master of defense, Hoplite subbed as Monk so she can not only defend but heal (supportive tank), Ninja subbed as Wildling to fill in party slot 6 with summons, and Monk subbed as Zodiac so he can be a back-row offensive master. I'm open to suggestions, because it seems like there could be better choices.

tsol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone found that ninja kid on the second floor? that girl at the inn is starting to make me feel guilty about not finding him.

drizzt8886

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PeregrinFig said:
Siveria said:
PeregrinFig said:
My party is probably a pretty standard one. Front line I have a Prince, Gladiator, and Hoplite, and back line I have a Ninja and Monk. The Prince is set up to auto-heal, but he sometimes uses attack/guard order, for difficult fights. The Gladiator pounds things, obviously, and the Hoplite is great at offense or defense, with that awesome passive skill to heal while defending. The Ninja is probably my weakest character, but status effects do come in handy. The Monk is weaker than the Ninja in physical power, but his healing is incredibly useful.

Those five are level eight and I'm having relative ease with B2F. Obviously it will get tougher on B3F, but so far, so good.

Put the monk in the front row, they will dish out a pounding then, they deal lower damage from the back row unless ranged, or if they have the ninja passive that allows full damage from back row.
Incredibly late response, but I'm going to keep the Monk in the back. I have never given him any physical skills and he only has one Fist Mastery level, I only have him attack if I want to bind the enemy's legs. (Forged his club) I need those three front spots, because the Prince, Gladiator, and Hoplite all deal amazing damage, and they all have better defense than the Ninja and Monk put together. Once you get further into the game, Line Heal is a necessity. Still need to unlock Party Heal.

I'm on B7F now and my party is level 19. Still haven't found out how to subclass yet, though.
hate2.gif
The game's getting harder, for two main reasons: 1) Lack of better equipment to buy, and 2) Difficulty of obtaining funds to buy items when they do show up. It is not fun going deep into B6F with three weak (put all their points into harvesting skills for as much collecting as possible) farmers, trying to keep them alive.

When I can subclass, I think I've decided how to do it: Prince subbed as Buccaneer for even more support abilities, Gladiator subbed as Hoplite so he's also a master of defense, Hoplite subbed as Monk so she can not only defend but heal (supportive tank), Ninja subbed as Wildling to fill in party slot 6 with summons, and Monk subbed as Zodiac so he can be a back-row offensive master. I'm open to suggestions, because it seems like there could be better choices.

Your Hoplite uses spears right? He does the same amount of damage from the back row as the front. Plus he will take even less damage when he takes the hits for everyone else.

tsol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PeregrinFig said:
tsol said:
has anyone found that ninja kid on the second floor? that girl at the inn is starting to make me feel guilty about not finding him.
He's actually on the third floor, not the second.

yeah, i found him after I gave up looking for him. >_< I spent forever wandering around the 2nd floor for him.

Also, my crazy party:

Hoplite x3
Prince/Princess x2

Its working very well so far but I'm sure I'll hit a brick wall with it sooner or later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone