Gaming Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City

pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm excited as all hell for it. This, KH: Birth by Sleep and Last Window are the games of the month for me (not interested in Halo and I'm one of the crazies who absolutely hates Dead Rising).

Plus I'm almost done with the first Patapon so EO3 will come out just in time
biggrin.gif

Chaotik

Trophies
XP
Country
Should be up anytime now ... several people at gamefaqs already have the game ( not that it says much, after all, it's not the first time a rom takes several weeks before being released )

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished dumping my copy. It's a really nice box - the boxart is beautiful. I've got to tell my friend to hurry up with my game display case so that I can add these recent games to it.

I've got to run for dinner, but when I get back, it's play time : )

AetherSolace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's release date and my local EB/Gamestop don't even have it in yet. I'm probably going to have to order online. There's a pretty sweet artbook that comes with it. But keep me posted if there's a rom dump so I can play it before I get my copy.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm about to sit down and start a game. It's been pretty chaotic around here, so I haven't been able to play yet.

That's about to change
smile.gif

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ganduro said:
I don't see it on any release lists. Who dumped it?
I saw it on a ROM site, they have no links yet though. There main download section got disabled awhile ago, but there forums still alive with links.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man =/, i tried to check this out from the Gamestop i worked at earlier today, but they only got about 2 or 3 copies in so the manager said i'd have to wait a few days. Cant wait for it to get dumped, the Art Book got me so hyped

AetherSolace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Refreshing constantly and scouring the internets for a rom dump. Downloaded class of heroes recently off PSN for 40 bucks, expecting it to tide me over until EO3 came out. Guess what, Class of heroes sucks. Miserably so.

Not even via a difficulty curve or anything, Its just like a half finished game. I saw the 150 MB game data and thought to myself, 'Well, EO has always been a small package but great contents, thats no way to judge''

Save yourselves from this game, if you're sitting there debating between persona 3 portable and Class of heroes, buy Persona 3 portable ;_; Anyway, I expect great things from EO3. It needs to make the day better.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was that bad? Damn =/, was looking forward to it on XBLA.

Cant wait for EO3 though, i keep hearing new things making me more excited. If i had the cash, i'd run out and buy it T.T

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AetherSolace said:
Refreshing constantly and scouring the internets for a rom dump. Downloaded class of heroes recently off PSN for 40 bucks, expecting it to tide me over until EO3 came out. Guess what, Class of heroes sucks. Miserably so.

Not even via a difficulty curve or anything, Its just like a half finished game. I saw the 150 MB game data and thought to myself, 'Well, EO has always been a small package but great contents, thats no way to judge''

Save yourselves from this game, if you're sitting there debating between persona 3 portable and Class of heroes, buy Persona 3 portable ;_; Anyway, I expect great things from EO3. It needs to make the day better.

Class of Heroes was even less friendly and more Wizardry-like than Etrian. Likewise I never thought it was a bad game, just not easy for a total noob (and I am a total noob with these games). It's a shame they never brought Class of Heroes 2 out in English, it was a bit better.

AetherSolace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to clarify, I may not be a prodigy of Dungeon crawling, But I did beat EO2 and most of EO1(Before getting distracted with EO2's better TP balance)

Class of heroes I had a ridiculously hard time, I started my initial party, they all died. The revival costs were pretty obscene for you to start off. Heck the treatment button. Without any warning gave me a 'Solace has turned to ash' And then when i tried again, at a 60G cost instead, 'Solace was lost...'' Dead forever. No warning, nothing.

The game's quests, tutorials, they don't give you any useful information or any means of knowing what you're supposed to do for them. There's no learning curve what so ever, at least EO said ''Hey that coin you want is maybe a random drop from a random group of enemies, also everything in there is going to murder you, so you'd better pick the most overpowered class/race combo you can think of.

3 times my party of level 1s died, Which the way the process works is, if the whole party dies they're dead in the dungeon, you have to rescue them one by one with a new party, which means if you have a party of 6, you can't rescue anybody, you have to come down with enough space to take each one of them back, possibly in several trips. I noticed something, the student uniforms and IDs, despite granting no defense or any stat bonus, Do in fact sell for 10G a piece. I proceded to spam create characters and sell their goods While being sure not to dissolve the 'party' else the contents of my bag of items or money gained could be lost. til I had enough to buy the expensive, 'Buckler' 800, 2 def, 1 evade, and an Axe, 400 or 600 I believe. With a mediocre damage increase.

I then spammed the enroll button, because despite it giving you only a few bonus stats to allot. occasionally you get a freakishly high bonus, of around 17-29, Mine, I got a 38. 38 bonus points. This class was a PRODIGY and became the founding member of my party, my fight for survival in the novice dungeon, Because the monster groups will either be 1hkos, bats, or something that will eat your party even if you spam the run button. Poison traps have killed my entire party on a regular basis. There's so much more In terms of annoying crap, Like the fact you have a 'combine money' button for members of your party, I guess when they sell things they get individual funds. But if they die with the contents of their wallet you're boned. Ranged classes besides magic users can't attack from the back row without ranged weapons, which are nigh impossible to get at the beginning without a series of random drops and alchemy. So basically if you picked anything but healers or mages, you've got 3 leechers in back who don't have a purpose. The casters themselves get daily spells like Dark spire, I'm fine with that.

Ngh, I want to call Sony, Or rather Atlus, and tell them to give my 45 bucks back, It's like they churned out an incomplete game and promoted it and made it look special, Hell the lets play guy conveyed that it was pretty standard, and 'If you liked EO, You'll like this' kind of attitude. He failed to mention all the retardation in between. .___. *rage rage rage* EO3, Get here soon.

If anyone has any recommendations for dungeon crawlers on either PSP, DS, or PC let me know. Although I prefer something close to EO in terms of class specialization and labyrinth fun.

Isabelyes

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
evening said:
Here have a kleenex.

I went to bed last night, thinking it would be out this morning
frown.gif
I guess I'll spend the day refreshing again.

This is exactly what happened to me, and what is going to happen to me. T-T

I woke up, thinking "Oh god, I bet that EO III has been dumped just a few minutes after I went to sleep!", and I was already thinking of some witty responses to people saying "lol it's ironic that you were the last to know this",
and, just before going to school, I checked, my heart pounding, and...I saw it wasn't dumped.

a few hours ago; I was sure it'd dumped while I was at school.
I'm out early; I race back to home, only to find out that it still hasn't been dumped. T-T

I'm going insane here! Waaah!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74nTzbgDGWM