Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

johnboyjr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey,
i want use the header of my super mario 3d land cartridge but i want to sell it. can i use the header without a risk that the buyer get banned? i know i have a risk but not to much like when i use a public header

i might be wrong but isn't super Mario land offline only? if so there is no way they would get banned. even if it isn't they should be 99.99999% fine unless you start giving out the header information to every one in the wold

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
they are going after public headers that have been used 1000 of times not a private header that has been used by one person

Ara ara, don't be so hasty!

If your 3DS was banned, you might actually have made that call.

Yes, they are going after public headers that have been used a lot of times,
which is by the way, not confirmation, but simply the most likely hypothesis at this point.

For all you know, they are banning people with "Playcoinsetter" in their game history. We'll never know.

At the very least,
who is to say that the first person who shared the header, which now became a public header, isn't banned?
Simply because he continues to use that retail cart.
Or perhaps he sold off that retail cart, and some innocent user got banned?

It's plausible, you know..

TheMustardKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating my post with info people have shared about games played pre-banning. Thanks to Lordjontan, FreddyBeckett, Dayfid and Nirmonculus for the additional reports. From those, it seems like the following games are commonly used with public headers before banning:

ANY Pokemon Game
Super Smash Bros
Mario Kart 7

It also definitely seems like the bans are not being dolled out for anyone/everyone using the same public headers for these games, and there is no rhyme or reason yet as to why specific users have been banned. Any and all retail/eShop games after banning do not work.

We are still waiting for updates on the following scenarios:

1) Using a NNID from a banned 3DS console on a new or unaffected 3DS console.
2) Swapping out the WiFi module from a banned console for a fresh one with a different MAC address.

If any of the following show up, it also expands the range affected:
* Anyone using a private header getting banned (yet to have a confirmed report)
* Anyone getting banned during a particular game with a public header (had a few reports, none narrowed down to a single game or instance for an elongated period of time)
* Anyone getting banned using a cia (yet to have a confirmed report)

Thanks to everyone who keeps bringing in new information. As for those asking questions about "what if I" or "I've done suchandsuch" asking about likelihood of banning, it is highly recommended to use private headers or play offline only until more is discovered about the causes, extent, and ways to subvert the current type of bans.

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
pic or didn't happen

gateway_zpsieb4zltp.jpg

Seemingly ungrateful I might add, I didn't even get so much as a thanks for them, lol.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating my post with info people have shared about games played pre-banning. Thanks to Lordjontan, FreddyBeckett, Dayfid and Nirmonculus for the additional reports. From those, it seems like the following games are commonly used with public headers before banning:

ANY Pokemon Game
Super Smash Bros
Mario Kart 7

It also definitely seems like the bans are not being dolled out for anyone/everyone using the same public headers for these games, and there is no rhyme or reason yet as to why specific users have been banned. Any and all retail/eShop games after banning do not work.

We are still waiting for updates on the following scenarios:

1) Using a NNID from a banned 3DS console on a new or unaffected 3DS console.
2) Swapping out the WiFi module from a banned console for a fresh one with a different MAC address.

If any of the following show up, it also expands the range affected:
* Anyone using a private header getting banned (yet to have a confirmed report)
* Anyone getting banned during a particular game with a public header (had a few reports, none narrowed down to a single game or instance for an elongated period of time)
* Anyone getting banned using a cia (yet to have a confirmed report)

Thanks to everyone who keeps bringing in new information. As for those asking questions about "what if I" or "I've done suchandsuch" asking about likelihood of banning, it is highly recommended to use private headers or play offline only until more is discovered about the causes, extent, and ways to subvert the current type of bans.

Its not thorough, if the members can add more information:

What card,
What sysnand
What emunand (if possible)
What online header game
What game

TheMustardKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not thorough, if the members can add more information:

What card,
What sysnand
What emunand (if possible)
What online header game
What game

There are posts in the thread stating that both 9.4 and 9.5 sysnand/emunand have had bans against them, so at the very least this seems independent of a specific system version number. All the confirmed reports have been from public header usage. Reports mostly have been coming in from Sky3DS because of their default template, which utilizes only public headers, or Gateway users that used public headers. The games are varied but the ones in common are the ones I listed there.

Card, sysnand, and emunand all thus far seem irrelevant to the ban wave. The common threads are the public header and, potentially, a particular game in common using that kind of header.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are posts in the thread stating that both 9.4 and 9.5 sysnand/emunand have had bans against them, so at the very least this seems independent of a specific system version number. All the confirmed reports have been from public header usage. Reports mostly have been coming in from Sky3DS because of their default template, which utilizes only public headers, or Gateway users that used public headers. The games are varied but the ones in common are the ones I listed there.

Card, sysnand, and emunand all thus far seem irrelevant to the ban wave. The common threads are the public header and, potentially, a particular game in common using that kind of header.

If a thread is made to collect information it needs to be thorough and detailed. If you want to just know about public header vs private headers than the rom used is not necessary.

Reactions: MrJason005

Doran754

Conform comrades
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've updated my original post with the specific headers I was using alternatively. If anyone else remembers there headers that's been banned be sure to let me know. Also I rang Ninty earlier as it's been 5 days but was told "the admin team are very busy blah blah they'll reply when they can"

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Here's a chart for anyone that got banned to fill out so we can add it to OP:

Code:
What flashcard were you using (Gateway or Sky3DS):

What game were you playing:

What was your sysNAND firmware version when playing:

What was your emuNAND firmware version when playing:

Were you using a .CIA or a .3DZ:

If you were using a .3DZ file, from what game was the header you were you using:
    If you were using a .3DZ file, was the header public or private:

Can you visit other online Nintendo services such as eShop and Miiverse:

Does that ban apply to just that game or every online game you try:

Additional info:

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a chart for anyone that got banned to fill out so we can add it to OP:

Code:
What game were you playing: