Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My question from them was this:-

"Do you know that what is the error 002-0102 showing as some people are complaining? Is it true that Nintendo have started banning people? What should we do now to play the games online?"

Dump your own games to play online. Otherwise, get banned.

Reactions: PandaMayFire

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo found a great way to reduce used game sales of 3ds games by doing this. No longer is renting a game and playing online safe anymore as that cart could have been dumped before and had it's header released publicly. This also applies to used games. How would you know if that copy of "Pokemon X" over at GameStop,Pawn Shops, or 2nd hand stores was dumped and it's header is now available publicly. By playing it online, you run the risk of getting banned for playing a legitimately purchased used copy of the game on your console.

Reactions: Lucifer666 and KJ1

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Dump your own games to play online. Otherwise, get banned.

Yeah, but weren't some people banned by using Private Header too?

Everyone, does all the games have header even if they can't be played online?

Sorry for using bold and underlined text.

Nintendo found a great way to reduce used game sales by doing this. No longer is renting a game and playing online safe anymore as that cart could have been dumped before and had it's header released publicly. This also applies to used games. How would you know if that copy of "Pokemon X" over at GameStop,Pawn Shops, or 2nd hand stores was dumped and it's header is now available publicly. By playing it online, you run the risk of getting banned for playing a legitimately purchased used copy of the game on your console.

Yeah, you are right.

RobesNo1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo found a great way to reduce used game sales by doing this. No longer is renting a game and playing online safe anymore as that cart could have been dumped before and had it's header released publicly. This also applies to used games. How would you know if that copy of "Pokemon X" over at GameStop,Pawn Shops, or 2nd hand stores was dumped and it's header is now available publicly. By playing it online, you run the risk of getting banned for playing a legitimately purchased used copy of the game on your console.

You think that your average 2nd hand buyer has a clue what a header is? I don't see this as likely to impact 2nd hand sales tbf. :)

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You think that your average 2nd hand buyer has a clue what a header is? I don't see this as likely to impact 2nd hand sales tbf. :)

It will be this way at first. eventually, more and more used 3ds games will have it's headers released online and the amount of legit bans will grow to the point where other sites end up reporting on the issue.

johnboyjr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will be this way at first. eventually, more and more used 3ds games will have it's headers released online and the amount of legit bans will grow to the point where other sites end up reporting on the issue.

there are millions of used games out there the chances of finding one that has been ripped by some one else is very small

D

Deleted-355425

That's exactly the point, users won't be aware of headers existing and put a cart in and get banned. It's going to cause some butthurt.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there are millions of used games out there the chances of finding one that has been ripped by some one else is very small

yea, but the question is: Do you want to take the risk of getting that brand new "Majora's Mask New 3DS XL"( or other limited edition 3ds models) banned because you wanted to save a few bucks on Mario Kart 7 for 3DS getting it used.

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
A summary of where things are as of 2/8/15, early evening.
Q: Wait, banned? How do they know?
A: Users in multiple countries have been getting error 002-0102, which normally means an internet connectivity problem. However, after contacting Nintendo, multiple users have confirmed that the CS says its a ban. They offer no further information at this time, and can not overturn it. As of now, there is no solid evidence that it is a NNID ban, and most conjecture/circumstance points to a MAC/SN ban. Users that are banned can still enter the eShop and purchase games, and download updates. They can not go online within any game or use their friends list. They also can not use ANY application that requires online connectivity, including Pokemon Bank, YouTube, and Netflix. However, the Web Browser DOES still work.

TL;DR
I was curious about one thing.
Assuming the ban is in MAC/SN, since the network card is a "plug-able" module, I wonder if we change the wi-fi module would remove the ban. Of course the ban would have to be MAC only.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have read about 10 pages of this thread trying to make heads or tales (not a typo) of this. Can someone tell me what we have learned?

Are people actually getting a banned?
With what hardware?
GW current emuNAND
GW older emuNAND
GW public headers
GW private headers

Sky3DS?

I would like to update the OP with any new info

Reactions: MrJason005

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have read about 10 pages of this thread trying to make heads or tales (not a typo) of this. Can someone tell me what we have learned?

With what hardware?
GW current emuNAND
GW older emuNAND
GW public headers
GW private headers

Sky3DS?

Thats the thing most people need to report accurate information, but they're not.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm actually curious about one thing.

What happens to users who got banned playing "second hand carts"?

Perhaps you those who are banned should call in and say:

"I bought this Pokemon X off the internet, as its the only game Ive played,
and today I got this code. Why?"

johnboyjr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

With what hardware?
GW current emuNAND
GW older emuNAND
GW public headers
GW private headers

Sky3DS?

1.yes but very few people less then 10

GW current emuNAND
seems like 1 person said it happened on 9.4 every one else 9.5
all of them have used public headers

both sky3ds and gateway seems like sky3ds more

GamingAori

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey,
i want use the header of my super mario 3d land cartridge but i want to sell it. can i use the header without a risk that the buyer get banned? i know i have a risk but not to much like when i use a public header

johnboyjr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

they are going after public headers that have been used 1000 of times not a private header that has been used by one person

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
A friend of mine got "banned"
GW Emunand 9.5
Games played were MK7 and Pokemon ORAS
Used Public headers
US Region Console

I'm still not sure if this is a ban, but he can't go online.
Eshop is still accessible.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Nintendo found a great way to reduce used game sales of 3ds games by doing this. No longer is renting a game and playing online safe anymore as that cart could have been dumped before and had it's header released publicly. This also applies to used games. How would you know if that copy of "Pokemon X" over at GameStop,Pawn Shops, or 2nd hand stores was dumped and it's header is now available publicly. By playing it online, you run the risk of getting banned for playing a legitimately purchased used copy of the game on your console.
well one users said he was using a copy of his sisters mario kart 7, he was banned but the retail card on her system is fine.......idk without more info it could be that he was also using publicly shared headers on different games, either that or they have a sort of three strikes system in place, which would explain why so few people have been banned....if you need to use like 3 different publicly shared headers for the actual ban to hit.....hmmm idk, still all sorta vague, but pretty much everyone who has been banned has said they used public headers at some point

then they simply say, send the cart in, once they take that cart out of circulation anyone using that header can be banned no questions asked, and you will probably be unbanned

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Also, I have used since day 1 I played Fantasy Life online a personal CARD1 header from Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
I also have a card2 game I'd extract the header in case I need card2 game.

I honestly don't know how long this method would last as safe or if it's even save at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end