Vigintiduo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all,
there's this Patched V1 I recently modded via one of those hybrid picofly/hwfly chinese chips you can find on aliexpress.
Definitely not the first I've done, but surely the first to give me such a headache,

EmuNAND has absolutely no issue at all. On the other SysNAND, both stock and with Atmosphere, gives me the error 2002 - 3540 after like 20 minutes of playing.
This, of course, led me to think that there's some kind of problem with the eMMC itself. But what could it be?

I can safely backup without errors and the infos in Hekate look just fine (picture at the bottom).
Am I missing something?
Is it possible that che chip just sucks and does something weird but ONLY in Sysnand? Or that I didn't insulate the eMMC properly and it's touching somewhere, causing this error?

Help, lol

Attachments

• photo_2023-09-13_19-43-52.jpg
    photo_2023-09-13_19-43-52.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 41

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Maybe ask your question in the Picofly thread.
All the experts are there.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/picofly-a-hwfly-switch-modchip.622701/

There was a mention of the same issue here :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/error-code-2002-3540.635990/

If you can use your emuNAND then it's likely related to your eMMC and not your picofly.
It might that your eMMC is going bad.
I vaguely recall that Hekate also had a test tool for that.

Did you use a DAT0 adapter? Maybe that is causing the problem.
There we lengthy discussions on low quality adapters that would sometimes short with other pins.

Vigintiduo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maybe ask your question in the Picofly thread.
All the experts are there.

There was a mention of the same issue here :

If you can use your emuNAND then it's likely related to your eMMC and not your picofly.
It might that your eMMC is going bad.
I vaguely recall that Hekate also had a test tool for that.

Did you use a DAT0 adapter? Maybe that is causing the problem.
There we lengthy discussions on low quality adapters that would sometimes short with other pins.
I saw the main thread but they're not really incline to help when a chinese board from aliexpress is used. Might try anyway.
Also saw that other thread, but the guy simply decided he was happy with the game just working on emunand and never solved the issue.

Is the info screen I've posted, by any chance, the tool you've been speaking of?

I didn't use any DAT0 adapter, this is an Erista unit, DAT0 adapters are used with oled models

Cookie3334

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How interesting, considering I also used one of those chips on aliexpress and failed to mention it. The official hyfly couldn't ship to my location :(. Kinda a weird error for a hardware issue tho

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
This is the same old resistor issue as always. The chinese clone boards were produced before we figured out that 100 ohm for dat0/cmd was more likely to work well than 47 ohm, so all chinese clone boards are made with 47 ohm. You need to either replace the resistors connected to your C and A points with 100 ohm ones, or add extra 47 ohm resistors between the C and A points on your chip and the respective points on the motherboard.

Edit: since this is a V1 where I assume you're using the emmc snap-in connector, you'll need to replace the dat0/cmd resistors on the chip

Last edited by deeps,
Reactions: Vigintiduo

Vigintiduo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is the same old resistor issue as always. The chinese clone boards were produced before we figured out that 100 ohm for dat0/cmd was more likely to work well than 47 ohm, so all chinese clone boards are made with 47 ohm. You need to either replace the resistors connected to your C and A points with 100 ohm ones, or add extra 47 ohm resistors between the C and A points on your chip and the respective points on the motherboard.

Edit: since this is a V1 where I assume you're using the emmc snap-in connector, you'll need to replace the dat0/cmd resistors on the chip

Yeah I thought that could be a possible issue, so I ordered a bunch of resistors and a good old RP2040-Zero. In about 10 days we'll see if an install with 94ohm on those two lines fixes the problem.

some1ne

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I thought that could be a possible issue, so I ordered a bunch of resistors and a good old RP2040-Zero. In about 10 days we'll see if an install with 94ohm on those two lines fixes the problem.
Any news on this? I'm suspicious the AliExpress chips are bricking some emmcs, happened to me twice.

Vigintiduo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Any news on this? I'm suspicious the AliExpress chips are bricking some emmcs, happened to me twice.
Definitely not bricked. I reverted the console to stock and it's working properly. However I'm still waiting for the resistors I got on aliexpress in order to use the RP2040 Zero.
I'll post the results

Vigintiduo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What is the stock?Do you mean you downgraded to a lower firmware?
Stock is the unmodded Switch. As you would get from a new one. After removing the modchip of course you're back to stock.
Definitely not bricked. I reverted the console to stock and it's working properly. However I'm still waiting for the resistors I got on aliexpress in order to use the RP2040 Zero.
I'll post the results
Anyway, I installed regular picofly on a rp2040 zero with 100ohm resistors on the D0 and CMD lines and I can confirm that now it is working flawlessly. No more error codes even after a quite long test

Reactions: andreiarturo

Cookie3334

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stock is the unmodded Switch. As you would get from a new one. After removing the modchip of course you're back to stock.

Anyway, I installed regular picofly on a rp2040 zero with 100ohm resistors on the D0 and CMD lines and I can confirm that now it is working flawlessly. No more error codes even after a quite long test
I'm glad that the issue was solved btw where did you get your resistors? I'd like to try this myself

Vigintiduo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Standard 805 SMD resistors from aliexpress. But I guess you could try your luck in a different shop, maybe even a local one.
Mind that I also changed the chip and I'm not using the picofly clone anymore.
If you still want to use that one, you'll need to get much smaller resistors and swap them with the 50 ohm ones that are installed on the board.
I honestly suggest to just get a rp2040, though

Cookie3334

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Standard 805 SMD resistors from aliexpress. But I guess you could try your luck in a different shop, maybe even a local one.
Mind that I also changed the chip and I'm not using the picofly clone anymore.
If you still want to use that one, you'll need to get much smaller resistors and swap them with the 50 ohm ones that are installed on the board.
I honestly suggest to just get a rp2040, though
Ok, I'll try it out. And see how it goes once the resistors arrive

ChironNZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

Where would I find those resistors on this chip?
Post automatically merged:

Never mind. I found the solution. No resistors needed changed. The reset resistor(point b) just needed removed and the points bridged.

Attachments

• IMG_1109.jpeg
    IMG_1109.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited by ChironNZ,

Loko4

Trophies
Website
www.loko4.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Same problem here. Sometimes stuck on switch logo, sometimes error 2002 on sysnand stock.

However turn on the switch holding volume +, - and power, turn on in the sysnand. When turn of shows the error again.

Emunand so far working fine.

Dukenukemx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Could you tell me which resistors need replacing? This is my current setup. I already found the clk to have a 0 ohm resistor and replaced it with a 47 ohm one. Do I just replace the dat0 resistor with 100 ohm?

Attachments

• switch port layout.jpeg
    switch port layout.jpeg
    33.5 KB · Views: 14

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The NES version was not a bad conversion
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea true, but using a wheel and pedals for gas/brake was awesome feature back in the day.
    Not sure if that or RC Pro AM was my favorite NES racing game... hmmmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I loved the rc pro am games
    @SylverReZ, RC Pro AM was made by Rare, and that explains why I liked it. Just learned the other day about a game I loved that was made by Rare and I was surprised lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was playing need for speed remastered and said to myself this is a nice Forza remaster
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_developed_by_Rare Not all of them are awesome but man the hits on that list.
    Oh snap Super Offroad was by them too? lol damn
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Today I learned that the creators of the Donkey Kong games also made Sea of Thieves
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why do i feel the sudden urge to start singing pirate's scorn from the donkey kong country cartoon?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you being for real, cause that's hard to believe, DK is Nintendo and made in japan, Sea of thieves was from Microsoft, in America. I'm not calling you a liar, just didn't know.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yes they were both made by Rare, but DK was from Rare back then, Rare now is owned by MS. So makes since.
    +1
    They even developed a LJN game.... lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was pretty rare
    I wonder what deal with Satan LJN worked to get Rare to make that one...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember couple years ago, they announced they were working on a Perfect Dark remake, wonder what ever happen with that?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It went into the darkness
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and buddies used to play the hell out of Perfect Dark on N64, that and Goldeneye, was the first real PvP shooter games I remember
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    4-way split screen on a tiny 19" TV, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you share joysticks also
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh we had the 4 controller add on thingy for n64. Duh I just got your joke, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So you touched ends
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, but being in the boy scouts, they forced us to
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea, but being in the boy scouts, they forced us to