Hacking OLED switch mod chip

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I have a few questions after reading so much different information online and being confused.
I have a Nintendo Switch OLED running the 16.0.3 update.
What other information do I need, in order to understand what options I have for modding?
Some goals I have would be to OC/UV the Switch on some of the Zelda games.
I recently bought a jig that's coming in tomorrow to see if I can even boot into RCM.
Am I missing something here?
If someone can point me in the right direction, that would be great.
Is hardware modding the only option and if so, what outlets are preferred by the community?
As far the soldering skills, that's a non issue, provided there are solid guides with pictures/videos.
If you have a Oled switch, you can not use a jig to get into RCM. A chip mod is your only option.

Reactions: ul7 and Hayato213

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I have a few questions after reading so much different information online and being confused.
What other information do I need, in order to understand what options I have for modding?
I recently bought a jig that's coming in tomorrow to see if I can even boot into RCM.
Is hardware modding the only option and if so, what outlets are preferred by the community?
As far the soldering skills, that's a non-issue and a risk I can accept, provided there are solid guides with pictures/videos.
I've got most of the necessary tools and components needed for that part.

RCM method doesn't work with OLED, you need a modchip

Reactions: BigOnYa and ul7

iViperz

Trophies
XP
Country
I recently bought a jig that's coming in tomorrow to see if I can even boot into RCM (following the homebrew wiki guide).
As far the soldering skills, that's a non-issue and a risk I can accept, provided there are solid guides with pictures/videos.
I've got most of the necessary tools and components needed for that part.

You only have one option for the OLED unfortunately, and that is hardmodding a chip onto the main board to hack it. The jig will not work and have not worked for any consoles since the first gen (original) switches. Outlets preferred = AliExpress but links are not allowed here so you'll need to find them yourself, they're very easy to find and with screenshot posted here you shouldn't have too much difficulty.
Given the soldering skills and equipment you have, it sounds like you'll be OK on that front. A YouTube named Sthetix is a really good video resource for your reference, otherwise loads of posts and guides floating about this forum should also help as solder points are larger the same, modchip to modchip.

Edit: I'm a dummy and did not notice the second page to this thread. Prior advice has already been given :)

Reactions: eddz

neww1

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Này, cảm ơn bạn vì thông tin đó. Vì tôi không thấy bất kỳ tài liệu nào từ người bán đó về con chip cụ thể trong hình ảnh nên tôi đã chọn xem một cửa hàng khác. Tôi tìm thấy một con chip giống hệt con chip trong video hướng dẫn mà tôi sẽ cố gắng làm theo, nó trông như thế này:
View attachment 408792
rõ ràng là khác rất nhiều so với hình ảnh tôi đã đăng trước đó. Tuy nhiên, tôi có mức độ tin cậy cao rằng tôi có thể cài đặt cái này vì video rất chi tiết về những điểm sẽ được hàn. Điều thú vị là tôi chưa bao giờ thấy đầu nối USB C được sử dụng trong video. Dù sao đi nữa, có lẽ tôi sẽ chọn con chip từ bức ảnh này, trừ khi ai đó muốn mách bảo tôi rằng tôi sắp phạm sai lầm... cảm ơnb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto