Error 160-0103

viper_2k2009

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a black 32gb model (Hynix) that can boot to the main menu but as soon as I try to access anything at all (From System Settings to Web Browser) I am faced with the dreaded 160-0103 error.
I have managed to access the recovery menu and have dumpted OTP, SEEPROM and currently in the process of dumping the Nand, once this has been done could I possibly get some assistance with helping to see if it is only file corruption I have got or if it is also folder corruption.

Would also like to possibly get some assistance to help create the image required to write back to an SD Card and have it replace the nand.

I understand there are other posts on here covering lots of different steps to this but I would rather not mess anything up and cause further issues if it can be helped.

I also understand that this is a big ask and would like to apologise in advance if I am wasting anybody's time.

@SDIO I am going to carry out the steps that you posted to me on the other thread first of all, quite worried about the amount of errors/bad sectors showing.

Attachments

• 20230813_180059.jpg
    20230813_180059.jpg
    986.9 KB · Views: 33

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Don't worry about the SLC errors, that is normal for the dumper, but your MLC looks bad, it needs to be replaced.

viper_2k2009

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah I am seeing MEDIA ERRORS on the mlc, it needs replacing for sure
What would you suggest would be my best approach for doing this, I am certainly interested in using NAND-AID but also as equally interested in the SD adapter approach as I have got that here, however do I need to set up de-fuse?

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you probably don't need defuse. If you use the SD adapter or a NAND-AID is your decision.
You can merge the mlc.bin files in the right order, then we can check how bad the corruption is.

viper_2k2009

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you probably don't need defuse. If you use the SD adapter or a NAND-AID is your decision.
You can merge the mlc.bin files in the right order, then we can check how bad the corruption is.
I have merged the mlc.bin together, will send it to you
Post automatically merged:

I have merged the mlc.bin together, will send it to you
scrap that just realised I can't send a file of that size

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Code:
wfs-extract --otp otp.bin --mlc --input mlc.bin --output mlc-extracted 2>mlc-error.txt
You will find the errors listet in mlc-error.txt

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It doesn't look to bad. Most of the corruption is in games, which can easily be reinstalled. There are a few corrupted system titles, but that should also not be a big deal, the y can be reinstalled with the recovery.

Annoyingly there is one corrupted folder:
Code:
Error: Failed to dump folder /"usr\\title\\0005000e\\10102100\\content\\Common\\Model"

But all your save games should be ok if that is a thing you care about.

So it's important you don't turn on your Wii U again till you have replaced the eMMC.
Install NAND-AID oder the SD Adapter, write your merged mlc.bin to a SD card (you can use WIn32DiskImager for that) and install that in the NAND-AID.

When that is done we can use JNUSTools to download the corrupted System titles and reinstall them in the recovery

viper_2k2009

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It doesn't look to bad. Most of the corruption is in games, which can easily be reinstalled. There are a few corrupted system titles, but that should also not be a big deal, the y can be reinstalled with the recovery.

Annoyingly there is one corrupted folder:
Code:
Error: Failed to dump folder /"usr\\title\\0005000e\\10102100\\content\\Common\\Model"

But all your save games should be ok if that is a thing you care about.

So it's important you don't turn on your Wii U again till you have replaced the eMMC.
Install NAND-AID oder the SD Adapter, write your merged mlc.bin to a SD card (you can use WIn32DiskImager for that) and install that in the NAND-AID.

When that is done we can use JNUSTools to download the corrupted System titles and reinstall them in the recovery
Have you got any NAND_AID's for sale at all?

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I prefer the NAND-AID, since it is cleaner and no cables flappi ng around that rip out pads if you are not careful handling. But as I said, it's your choice.

If first did it with the sd adapter (because NAND-AID didn't exist at the time), but I later changed it to NAND-AID as I made the cables to short initially and placed the Adapter over the screw hole, so I had to redo it anyway.

But if you want to just use the SD Adapter, that's totally fine too, just make sure to keep the cables short.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if you want to just use the SD Adapter, that's totally fine too
and esp. no need to
would be interested in trying it out that way and then possibly changing to a NAND-AID
Like when you have the SD adapter already in place, why desolder it to replace it with the NAND-AID? Would just be more work without any extra value. :)

And yes, I who sell these NAND-AIDs for cheap are telling this. Do what you feel more comfortable with but don't switch between one or the other solution after you soldered one of it into the Wii U.

Beside that: If you want a NAND-AID just DM me, can ship it tomorrow morning (so in like 10 hours from after writing this). But don't purchase one just to have it while not needed: That would be just a waste of money.

Last edited by V10lator,

viper_2k2009

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks V10lator I am in the process of going to have a go at soldering the adapter on just got to find a clear image showing what wires connect where.

viper_2k2009

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for that SDIO

Got the adapter soldered in and rebuilt which was fun, I plugged it all in and can boot back into recovery menu I'm currently at work just now so won't be until later on to continue

Hey SDIO are you on? If you are able to assist with the final stage(s) of this repair?

Last edited by viper_2k2009,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1