Hacking Error 002 on REAL Super Mario Galaxy 2 disc?

Retrovertigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anywhere you can check what the latest versions of IOS's are? Although it seems IOS56 fixes the 002 error from the disc channel, I've seen some say use IOS56-64-v5416 - but NUS auto downloader doesn't list that version at all, citing IOS56-64v5405 as being the latest. But surely the lower the final number, the older the version?

It does my head in all this stuff to be honest
smile.gif

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Retrovertigo said:
Is there anywhere you can check what the latest versions of IOS's are? Although it seems IOS56 fixes the 002 error from the disc channel, I've seen some say use IOS56-64-v5416 - but NUS auto downloader doesn't list that version at all, citing IOS56-64v5405 as being the latest. But surely the lower the final number, the older the version?

It does my head in all this stuff to be honest
smile.gif

NUSAD will download the latest ver of the IOS unless they are stubbed, some games require the newest IOS at the time of release to function properly

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The latest version of that IOS may not be on the servers to provoke exactly this problem.

WiiPower said:
I heard the game is using IOS56. Get the latest IOS56 and install it. That should fix 002 errors you could possibly get in disc channel and/or Gecko OS. Maybe you need to extract the IOS56 wad from the disc itself, which can be done with WiiScrubber on a pc or with wufe with the wii itself if you have a retail disc, but no .iso file.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
the game comes with IOS56-64-v5405 so im guessing thats the latest available, ive searched thru a few things and there doesnt seem to be any IOS v5416

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Only other 002 error source for disc channel is using a crappy preloader/priiloader hack that makes the disc channel use a certain IOS for all games. But that would produce 002 error on ALL 002 games.

Rajahten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Which IOS files will brick you if you delete/update/mess with? Im still a bit nervous about all of this, specifically removing IOS 222, 223, 249, 250, 254.

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendoman562 said:
Okay so I burned Super Mario Galaxy 2 and i got Error 002. So instead of trying to softmod my Wii (I have a hardmod) I decided to trade in a couple games and get the legit disc. To my dismay, when I put the disc inside I get the same error. I'm playing off of the disc channel. So can ANYONE help me here?

All my other real/burned games work. I'm on version 4.1u

Imho you should've done this since you have a mod chip:

1) Use Zelda to softmod the wii
2) Install cfg usb loader
3) Use wbfsloader to install the game
4) Make sure it works
5) Trade your games / buy legit SMG2
6) Don't open it (collector's value)
7) Enjoy your game playing from the USB

Sometimes if you have a modded wii, even the original won't work.

Rajahten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
danielkraak said:
Why don´t you just update your Wii to 4.2, if you have a hardmod?

Maybe the same reason why I am hesitating. It's a bit nerve wracking when you're afraid you're gonna brick your wii =P Even with the guide.

Sanfransexstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rajahten said:
Which IOS files will brick you if you delete/update/mess with? Im still a bit nervous about all of this, specifically removing IOS 222, 223, 249, 250, 254.

Dude... if you follow the guide you will NOT get bricked. that is removing stubbed IOS files and not deleting any actual IOS's. the chances of getting bricked by updating to 4.2 using that guide are virtually 0%. I did that section of the guide 2 days ago and there is nothing crazy about it. just do it already man you'll be glad you did

Rajahten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
K, gonna buy a microSD tomorrow and do this. 2 gig should suffice.

Can't use my NDS microSD cause the folders conflict.. plus I like having 8 gigs of games on it =P

I will be fine with SDHC right? Since it's 4.2U.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The Wii doesn't like sdhc cards. The system menu may like a specific card, but then the question remains, if BootMii, HBC or your apps like it. (they all have a dfferent compatility!)

jakeruston

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,

After following that guide as well as installing DarkCorp, now I have an "Error has occurred" in the disk channel and a 001 error in Neogamma.

Any ideas how to get around it?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jakeruston said:
Hi,

After following that guide as well as installing DarkCorp, now I have an "Error has occurred" in the disk channel and a 001 error in Neogamma.

Isn't DarkCorp the new cioscorp? If you get 001 error and have a modchip, then the modchip is bad. If you get 001 error without modchip in NeoGamma, then you are using a bad cIOS. If that bad cIOS came from DarkCorp, then DarkCorp would be epic fail. So are you sure you did not install something else?

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hmmm...

That's VERY strange...
Like WiiPower said, did you install anything else after installing DARKCORP?
If so, what?

Try reinstalling DARKCORP.

jakeruston

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
jakeruston said:
Hi,

Isn't DarkCorp the new cioscorp? If you get 001 error and have a modchip, then the modchip is bad. If you get 001 error without modchip in NeoGamma, then you are using a bad cIOS. If that bad cIOS came from DarkCorp, then DarkCorp would be epic fail. So are you sure you did not install something else?

QUOTE(damysteryman @ May 28 2010, 02:06 PM)
Hmmm...

That's VERY strange...
Like WiiPower said, did you install anything else after installing DARKCORP?
If so, what?

Try reinstalling DARKCORP.

DARKCORP has the last thing I installed.

I've just re-burnt the game and now I get a 001 error in the disk channel, a 001 error in NeoGamma and in the Gamma Channel I get a 002 error. Lots of fun
tongue.gif

I do have a modchip installed.

The release I'm using is scrubbed, would that make much of a difference?

damysteryman

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
in terms of playability, scrubbed iso won't make a difference, but...

...like WiiPower said, your modchip could be a crappy old clone chip and it could be conflicting.

Do you know what modchip is in your Wii?
Is it upgradeable?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How about a DarkCorp for those crappy modchips? It's easy, just put the rev7 dip module into the IOS. It would break all DL discs, but it's the only way to fix the following:
disc channel + crappy modchip + new game

jakeruston

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not really sure what modchip is in my Wii, but I remember getting it chipped by my dad's friend quite early on, maybe June 2007 or something like that.

My modchip hasn't really been a problem for any other game, just this game for some reason. I couldn't really get New Super Mario Bros Wii working though either if I remember correctly.

damysteryman said:
in terms of playability, scrubbed iso won't make a difference, but...

...like WiiPower said, your modchip could be a crappy old clone chip and it could be conflicting.

Do you know what modchip is in your Wii?
Is it upgradeable?

damysteryman

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hmmm...

You might want to get your Wii opened up to identify the modchip, and then:

If it's an upgradeable one (like a wiikey), upgrade it's firmware.
If it's not upgradeable, and is some crappy clone, remove it.

@WiiPower:
Nice thought, but since rev7 isn't DL compatible, there's some good games that crapchip users will have to miss out on.

I think it would just be easier for a crapchip user to grab a tri-wing and open the Wii up, then remove the chip, converting the user from a crapchip user to either a goodchip user or a softmodder.
disc channel + crappy modchip DARKCORP (or a good modchip or backup loader) + new game = win!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password