Hacking ERROR 001, unauthorized device has been detected

Tortas2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loaded SSBB wiizard on memorex +R DL burned with ing burn with the layer break specified.

Game installed the update,then showed in disc channel, then gave me the error 0001 message.
Using Wiikey 1.3.

Anyone know what the issue is?

Update; did the 1.9g on the wiikey and it still had the same result error 001 with SSBB

Update;SSBB original and backup now working fine with 1.9s

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
He didn't ask for the solution, he asked if anyone knew what the issue was. Some people are getting #001 with a WiiKey at 1.9g and some aren't. It looks to be a media/burn issue, but it's not been proven yet.

ovrl00k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my theory on why some people are having the error #001 unauthorized device has been detected message on their Wii with WiiKey since I am having the same issue with SuperSmash Bro Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy and Family Skiing.

I jumped the gun when Super Mario Galxaxy came out. Ran all neccessary updates for Super Mario Galaxy and later got the error # 001 message. I believe ever since I got that error message, no matter how much I try to flash the chip, it appears to be locked by Nintendo or something. I went through the testing flash and then flashed the chip and it stated that it was successful. Restarted my Wii then tried again, and got the same error.

I know this for a fact since I've also modded another Wii, but did my WiiKey update to 1.9G then ran the 2 updates for Super Mario Galaxy and it works fine. So I believe that this has to do with the order on how you updated your WiiKey.

As far as much Wii that can't update, I can get Super Mario Galaxy to work by modifying the Hex to by pass the check for modchip. I can get Super Smash Bro Brawl to work on DVD 5, but I can't get it to work on DVD9. I've tried modifying the Hex also but still can't read the DVD9 disc. Using Verbatims Dual Layers.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I finally got around to burning another copy of SSBB to get rid of my #001 error.

Wii at 3.2U, WiiKey at 1.9g, Pioneer DVR-109

1st burn: Unmodified ISO - Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4X burned with Nero at 4X.
Result: #001 error

2nd burn: Modified ISO, trucha signed - Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4X burned with Nero at 4X.
Result: runs perfect

OK, so the 2nd burn will run great until the trucha signing security is patched. I needed to get an unmodified ISO running.

3rd burn: Unmodified ISO - Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4X burned with ImgBurn at 4X.
Result: runs perfect.

So now I'm all set. I assume it was the layer break causing the #001 error. Nero was setting it at 2078000 while ImgBurn set it at 2077936. Hopefully anybody else still getting the #001 error with a WiiKey at 1.9g or 1.9s can simply use ImgBurn like I did.

mickthestud

Trophies
XP
Country
heres a new one for some reason whenever i burn on -r i get oo1 error but on +r the game boots but only on 50hz thats with a wiikey 1.9s

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nin10doFan said:
Why don't you just update it to 1.9s?

The same #001 fix is on both 1.9g and 1.9s. I don't need to run an original SSBB so there is no reason for me to 'upgrade' to 1.9s. Until there is a better upgrade or at least a proper configuration disk I'm going to stick with 1.9g.

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't seen a good answer on this but I am 99% sure I know what's going on. It has to do with bitsetting the burnt disc to be read as a different type of media.

-R media cannot be bitset to anything other then what the media is, DVD-R or DVD-R DL. With +R media you can burn it with the +R booktypes (a function of bitsetting) OR you can burn it with a book of DVD-ROM which is what pressed DVDs bought at the store have for their booktype.

I think the game is reading the booktype off the disc and if it's anything except DVD-ROM it's throwing up that error.

I know my -R DL didn't work well and without the trucha mod it didn't boot at all.

This may not be the absolute right answer, but I'm pretty sure this is what's going on.

ovrl00k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I got Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Kart to work on my US Wii(D2B Chipset) with Wiikey running 1.9b firmware since I can't update to 1.9G and 1.9S. Only way I got this to work is to patch the iso to not detect the modchip. You can find details on this here on this site. Right now all backup works and only game that does not work is Super Smash Bros DVD 9 (Dual Layer US Version) Since Layer works after the patching for Super Smash Bro DVD 5. So not sure how to get Super Smash Bros DVD9 to work... Any suggestions would be great. I've tried patching it also and no luck.

kojigushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 1.9g and burned the Mario KARt wii USA using nero , I get 001 error. I have the PAL MArio KArt WII and it works FINE! go figure. I burned the SSBB DVD9 and it runs, but I get DREs on a TDK DL +DVDR dvd. SMG works fine

CrazyCroat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
How to i find out witch WiiKey or WiiNinja do i have?

I am using 3.4E PAL and every time when i start SMG this shows up :
error #001, unauthorized device has been detected
hate2.gif

How to fix it
unsure.gif
, help me please
cry.gif

Crazy Croat

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
How to i find out witch WiiKey or WiiNinja do i have?

I am using 3.4E PAL and every time when i start SMG this shows up :
error #001, unauthorized device has been detected

How to fix it , help me please

Crazy Croat
how do you find out?..open the wii up and check the chip...
If you dont want to do that, all you need to do is (if you have the hombrew channel) use the app/channel of GeckoOS and it bypasses disc updates & 001 error, doesn't bypass the new 002 error .....yet

Do you have the Homebrew channel if not go too www.wiibrew.org

sayd007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same error using Nero, but after using ImgBurn at 4x. works perfect...thanks alotttttttt

Lazycus said:
I finally got around to burning another copy of SSBB to get rid of my #001 error.

Wii at 3.2U, WiiKey at 1.9g, Pioneer DVR-109

1st burn: Unmodified ISO - Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4X burned with Nero at 4X.
Result: #001 error

2nd burn: Modified ISO, trucha signed - Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4X burned with Nero at 4X.
Result: runs perfect

OK, so the 2nd burn will run great until the trucha signing security is patched. I needed to get an unmodified ISO running.

3rd burn: Unmodified ISO - Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4X burned with ImgBurn at 4X.
Result: runs perfect.

So now I'm all set. I assume it was the layer break causing the #001 error. Nero was setting it at 2078000 while ImgBurn set it at 2077936. Hopefully anybody else still getting the #001 error with a WiiKey at 1.9g or 1.9s can simply use ImgBurn like I did.

takashi306

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got CoD MWR (modern warfare reflex) and its not working. When I try it with WiiGator I get 002 error fix. When I got run it through homebrew I get 001. A friend of mine uses Neogamma, I got it, bit I cant install it normally. I have 4.1U. Could that be t he problem? Please help me.
smile.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
takashi306 said:
I got CoD MWR (modern warfare reflex) and its not working. When I try it with WiiGator I get 002 error fix. When I got run it through homebrew I get 001. A friend of mine uses Neogamma, I got it, bit I cant install it normally. I have 4.1U. Could that be t he problem? Please help me.
smile.gif
Let me guess...cIOS rev15? Yes? Then you should read better...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night