Hacking err (349) no cios

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sigh...the link I posted in the first post i made to you has a guide with what you need to do. And then ether explained it even more.

"+Load Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
Yes, even if you have received errors trying to install other wads this should still work."

Google and find that IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad and put it in a folder named "WAD" in your sd card. Then run wad manager and install that wad.

Then get wad manager 1.4. Put the boot.dol for that wad manager in a folder called "wad manager" in your "apps" folder on your sd card. Then you open up the homebrew channel and run that wad manager and tell it to select ios16 to use and then use that to install cios_fix.wad (also google and download and put in "wad" folder.) Then find IOS downgrader and put the boot.dol of that in an "ios downgrader" folder in your "apps" folder and run that through the homebrew channel. Once you do that you should be able to run that cios installer again without getting an error at the end.

EDIT: NO YOU DON'T NEED TO REDO ANYTHING AND IT WON'T HELP YOU. You have the homebrew channel redoing that won't do crap. Just get wad manager 1.4 and follow these directions.

Edit2: To try and make it any clearer how things work. The homebrew channel you have is a channel installed on your wii to do what the twilight hack or bannerbomb does without having to do them every time and changing things on your sd card everytime you wanna use something different.

With the twilight hack or bannerbomb you put the boot.dol of the application you want to run in the root of your sd card. You can only run that one app at any one time that you run either hack. With the homebrew channel you can put all of you applications on your sd card and choose which one to load on it whenever you want to load it. To do this, instead of putting the boot.dol of the application in the root of your sd card, you put it in a folder that you can name whatever you want (name it whatever the application is to make things easier) and put that folder in the "apps" folder on your sd card. Any .wad files you may have should go in a "WAD" folder

So now since you have your homebrew channel already on your wii, say the drive letter of your sd card is E: on your card there should be a folder called "apps" and a folder called "WAD". (E:\apps and E:\WAD ) inside of the "apps" folder should be more folders with different application names for example E:\apps\Wad Manager 1.4 or E:\apps\IOS Downgrader inside each of these folders should be the boot.dol for that application. If you have it set up this way when you put the sd card in your wii and open up the homebrew channel, you will see all of these applications on your sd card listed and you can choose whichever one you want to load. Now if you put those cios_fix.wad and ios16.wad files in your WAD folder then run your wad manager app from the homebrew channel you should see those wads listed and have the option to install them. I don't know what else to tell you if you still can't figure this out other than to not get pissed off and spend a couple more days reading as much as you can about wii homebrew until you finally understand it.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What did you get the error in? the cios installer? You DO have wifi for your wii or you DON'T? You said in your opening post that your don't. If you DON'T have wifi for your wii then you can't do a network installation for the cios installer and have to do a wad installation instead, in which case you would need the wad that the installer needs on your sd card.

frenchderf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

This is my answer because of my experience, if i write DVD+R too fast or shiny - the writen part of DVD is not havin a color but golden (like verbatim 16x) i have this CIOs error. If I re-write the same disk on green or blue colored side for writing DVD+R it is working. For now I use Memorex.... I have excellent result with DVD-R (blue tint)

I had this problem with Sim animal especialy. That I wrote 5 times...
The question of Cios is may be important to as said ether2802

But In the same Wii without any update at that time re-writing the disk solve this error.

Frenchderf

johnjohn1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi going to bed now thanks for your help but no luck can someone tell me how to uninstall all this
stuff and i may get it chip still not shor .i no i have not brick it hbc still works think i need some sleep
see you lot 2nite

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK so directly answering questions will make it easier to help you.

1. Were you at least able to properly install ios16-64-v257-prod.wad, cios_fix.wad, and run ios downgrader?

2. If you got that far did you get an error when running the cios installer you have?

3. If you did get an error there was it because you told it to do a network installation when you have to wifi?

4. If that's the case you need to get the wad that the cios needs and then put that on the root of your sd card and tell the cios installer to do a wad installation instead of a network installation.

I believe cios rev7 and above (before rev12) needs IOS36 so find that wad and put it on the root of your sd card and do a wad installation. (If you answered yes to all of the above.)

Edit: LKAHSFAHSFA WOW. Fine just use anytitledeleter and uninstall everything you can find. That'll get rid of all 2 steps you managed to get done (and MORE).

(Don't really do that. Don't do anything else to your wii. You will undoubtedly brick it beyond recovery trying to uninstall stuff and then fail to follow directions people give you to help you fix it when you make a thread about your brick.)

johnjohn1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi your questions number 3 but not the network installation
the wad installation & i did question number 4 as well
i just want to whip it and start again thanks for your help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs