• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 1,339
  • Replies 8
D

Deleted_171835

OP
yaynds.gif
I am planning on developing several different types of homebrew. I would like to develop an application to make the DS like a PDA (like DSOrganize) and want to make a "Naruto" game because of all the crap Naruto games out so far. Anyways I would like some tips on where to learn how to program nds games and if possible how to insert a video file into a game while programing. Any more tips would be appreciated
yaynds.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm guessing you know nothing about programming? *sigh* Why does everyone always come "Right I wanna make x, y and z app. Tell me how. I've never programmed in my life. What do you mean I need to know how to program?" Learn to program for PC WELL first, then consider homebrew. It's not something you just "make". You need expertise

D

Deleted_171835

OP
SifJar said:
I'm guessing you know nothing about programming? *sigh* Why does everyone always come "Right I wanna make x, y and z app. Tell me how. I've never programmed in my life. What do you mean I need to know how to program?" Learn to program for PC WELL first, then consider homebrew. It's not something you just "make". You need expertise

I know how to program a little. I have a basic skills with Visual Studio for PC. BTW, I meant program for the DS. Where can/should I learn how?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know what you meant. But like I said, you need to learn to program for PC well FIRST then move on to homebrew. You need to be really good at C++. And I'm not sure exactly where you'd learn, I'm currently trying to learn C++ from a book but it's not going too great, because I couldn't be bothered to actually read the book. Lol.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
K. Is there any guide that you are aware of that will explain "building" ("programming") a DS game (specifically).

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not really that's quite out dated. Go to either palib.info for PALib tutorials or find patater's guide for non-PALib. BTW, PALib is a high-level language for DS, but it's slightly out-dated, and requires old versions of the official DS Homebrew SDK and some libraries, so isn't recommended by some, but it is high level. If you dont know what high level language means, please stop now.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Thanks everyone. Hopefully, later on I'll make some great homebrew and be recognized by DS hackers everywhere *joking
moogle.gif
*. Anyways THANKS
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D