Entering the Homebrew World?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by soulx, Jun 28, 2009.

Jun 28, 2009

Entering the Homebrew World? by soulx at 6:08 PM (904 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. soulx
    OP

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    [​IMG] I am planning on developing several different types of homebrew. I would like to develop an application to make the DS like a PDA (like DSOrganize) and want to make a "Naruto" game because of all the crap Naruto games out so far. Anyways I would like some tips on where to learn how to program nds games and if possible how to insert a video file into a game while programing. Any more tips would be appreciated [​IMG]

2. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    You should make a Dog Whistle for the DS like the one on the Iphone.

3. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    I'm guessing you know nothing about programming? *sigh* Why does everyone always come "Right I wanna make x, y and z app. Tell me how. I've never programmed in my life. What do you mean I need to know how to program?" Learn to program for PC WELL first, then consider homebrew. It's not something you just "make". You need expertise

4. soulx
    OP

Canada
    I know how to program a little. I have a basic skills with Visual Studio for PC. BTW, I meant program for the DS. Where can/should I learn how?

5. SifJar

United Kingdom
    I know what you meant. But like I said, you need to learn to program for PC well FIRST then move on to homebrew. You need to be really good at C++. And I'm not sure exactly where you'd learn, I'm currently trying to learn C++ from a book but it's not going too great, because I couldn't be bothered to actually read the book. Lol.

6. soulx
    OP

Canada
    K. Is there any guide that you are aware of that will explain "building" ("programming") a DS game (specifically).

7. Speff

Newcomer Speff Member

United States
    This should help you out.

8. SifJar

United Kingdom
    Not really that's quite out dated. Go to either palib.info for PALib tutorials or find patater's guide for non-PALib. BTW, PALib is a high-level language for DS, but it's slightly out-dated, and requires old versions of the official DS Homebrew SDK and some libraries, so isn't recommended by some, but it is high level. If you dont know what high level language means, please stop now.

9. soulx
    OP

Canada
    Thanks everyone. Hopefully, later on I'll make some great homebrew and be recognized by DS hackers everywhere *joking [​IMG] *. Anyways THANKS [​IMG] .