ROM Hack RELEASE EmuTool - Move partition Emu on another SD, Switch Emu type on SXOS and more

TheyKilledKenny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi,
does anyone know what could be the cause of this error message?

View attachment 202396
Seems some info is missing from your drive descriptor record.
I'm going to see if I can set an exception check on that point.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This looks like the exact tool I need, however when attempting to choose SD card (run as Admin), everything is blank. Even ticking show all drives doesn't list any drives at all. Any suggestions? I'm attempting to migrate to a larger SD card. Thanks!'

When entering the SD into my computer, I can see both partitions (and the usual Windows 10 error that it doesn't like the hidden partition). It's only EmuTools that can't see any SD cards.

I have the same problem.

I'm really very sorry for this.
I can't reproduce this strange problem on my home and office computers, so I can't understand why sometimes you can't see the SD card at all.
Try to change SD reader if possible.

Can I use this tool to change my SXOS emunand to an Atmosphere emummc on the same SD card without creating a new partition? I just wanna convert my old emunand.
There is no need for this tool to convert from SX to Atmosphere, this tool is most useful if you need manage hidden partition emu.
You can use hekate to migrate the sxos emunand if you plan not to use it with Sx anymore.
OR If you want to use both sx and atmo then you need and hidden partition sx emunand and you can:

- add a folder emummc in the root fo your sd
- add an empty text file in the emummc folder and write the following text in the file
[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x2
nintendo_path=Emutendo
- Rename the text file in emummc.ini
- Add all Atmosphere files and sigpatches on the SD .
-inject fusee-primary and you are on.

if you inject hekate, you can see the enabled emummc, you can boot it without problem, but it is not visible in the change emummc menu.

Ciao!

Reactions: Muxi

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@TheyKilledKenny Thanks for the feedback. This error message is not from me, but from a member of my forum. I have now asked the person concerned for details and am now waiting for his reply.

TheyKilledKenny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This looks like the exact tool I need, however when attempting to choose SD card (run as Admin), everything is blank. Even ticking show all drives doesn't list any drives at all. Any suggestions? I'm attempting to migrate to a larger SD card. Thanks!'

When entering the SD into my computer, I can see both partitions (and the usual Windows 10 error that it doesn't like the hidden partition). It's only EmuTools that can't see any SD cards.

I have the same problem.
Can you please check if your PC have the service "Windows Management Instrumentation" running?
Emutool use WMI to get the phisical disk name.

Galebourn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just a quick question:
I wanted to convert my sxos emunand file to a hidden partition on the same SD card.
It worked and now I have a hidden 29gb partition, that should be the emunand.
However, after deleting the emunand file (after making a backup on my pc) in the sxos folder, sxos doesn't recognize any emunand.
What am I doing wrong here?

TheyKilledKenny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just a quick question:
I wanted to convert my sxos emunand file to a hidden partition on the same SD card.
It worked and now I have a hidden 29gb partition, that should be the emunand.
However, after deleting the emunand file (after making a backup on my pc) in the sxos folder, sxos doesn't recognize any emunand.
What am I doing wrong here?

For SXOS Emunand partition must be the first 29GB of the SD (starting from sector 2).
The partition must also be enabled for SX to recognize the hidden partition Emunand.
To enable the partition open Emutool, select SXOS Hidden as source and select SD card.
This operation should bring up 2 new buttons at the bottom left. "Enable Partition Emu" and "Disable Partition Emu"
you can use these buttons to switch between File or Hidden Partition Emunand on SX OS.

Let me know if it's all ok.

Ciao!

A hidden emunand must be created on the SD card before you can restore the backup (file-based emunand) with EmuTool.
There is no need to create the entire emunand before, just need an empty 29GB space (not a true partition) at the beginning of the SD.
With Emutool you can enable and disable the hidden partition emunand.
If enabled then sxos recognize and load hidden partition emunand, if disabled SX recognize and load an eventual emunand on files if present (so you can have 2 emunand on the same sd also for sxos, but you need to switch it using a PC)

If you (not you in particular, but the readers of this post) feel not comfortable using partitioning tool, the fastest way (not the best) is to start emunand creation from SX OS menu, cancel as soon as boot0 and boot1 is finished (few seconds) and than restore with Emutool your previously backed up emunand, remember to activate at the end of the restore process.

Ciao!

Last edited by TheyKilledKenny,

sharaku17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i saved an atmosphere hidden partition as sd file on my pc. it created the right structure and everything but somehow the sd file is only 25.1GB big? should it not be around 29GB ? how is that possible ?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi, The tool was working just fine before I had to format my SD and start over, I want to restore a backup of the Atmosphere hidden partition but the tool doesn't recognize the new formatted SD card. ¿what elements are used to detect disk? if I select the "Show All Drives" no disk is populated on the list, no matter how many times I click "Refresh" button ;(

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
UPDATE:
Trying to debug the problem, I open source code but get into the next error:
upload_2020-4-20_16-43-30.png

Commenting the parts referring to InitFile class, get in the next error:

upload_2020-4-20_16-45-31.png

the offending code was:

upload_2020-4-20_16-46-12.png

so I get Thinking and I have a 4TB disk attached, so disconnected the 4TB and the precompiled EXE works fine.

May I have a copy of the Class=cInifile; ..\..\HiBusConfig_Sviluppo\src\CINIFILE.CLS file, I have looking on the net but no luck

thanks a lot for your help

Reactions: TheyKilledKenny

TheyKilledKenny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
UPDATE:
Trying to debug the problem, I open source code but get into the next error:
View attachment 205628

Commenting the parts referring to InitFile class, get in the next error:

View attachment 205629

the offending code was:

View attachment 205630

so I get Thinking and I have a 4TB disk attached, so disconnected the 4TB and the precompiled EXE works fine.

May I have a copy of the Class=cInifile; ..\..\HiBusConfig_Sviluppo\src\CINIFILE.CLS file, I have looking on the net but no luck

thanks a lot for your help
Wow, Thank you very much for your time!
So it seems a stupid overflow error when some big drive is connected. I need to buy a 4TB external hdd to test it :rofl:
The cinifile.cls should be in the same folder (simple helper class to read ini file like emummc.ini), maybe in my project is still pointing to another folder, I reupload the correct source in the second post.
If you prefer, I started to convert it in VB.Net 2.0, but some little work is still needed (my time is really over), you can find it in the second post.
Feel free to modify the code as you want, but please, if possible resend me the modified code when you have done.

Thank you!

Ciao!

Last edited by TheyKilledKenny,

JR9716

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm trying to migrate from SX OS Hidden Emutendo folder on root to Atmosphere emunand. I went through and did SXOS Hidden Partition---->Enable Partition Emu---->Atmosphere File---->Copy Emutendo To The Correct Spot

But then I got "Unknown pkg1 Version. Unable to launch HOS" and I tried to migrate emunand but to no avail. Any idea what to do?

I think I may have messed up somewhere, maybe with source and target?

TheyKilledKenny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, I'm trying to migrate from SX OS Hidden Emutendo folder on root to Atmosphere emunand. I went through and did SXOS Hidden Partition---->Enable Partition Emu---->Atmosphere File---->Copy Emutendo To The Correct Spot

But then I got "Unknown pkg1 Version. Unable to launch HOS" and I tried to migrate emunand but to no avail. Any idea what to do?

I think I may have messed up somewhere, maybe with source and target?
Emutendo is the folder on the root of your SD where all installed NSP and screenshot are saved, but it is NOT your SX Emunand.
There is no need to press Enable Partition Emu, this button write the bytes on SD to tell to SXOS cfw if a hidden partition emunand is present or not.

Which kind of Atmosphere emuMMC are you trying to do?
If you want to convert into a hidden partition emunand for Atmosphere then you don't need Emutool.
You have to copy on SD Card the Atmosphere files (and sept), copy on sd also sigpatches for atmosphere.
Now unzip emummc.zip file here attached to the SD root (it is an emummc folder containing emummc.ini file and a RAW9 folder with the raw_based binary file)
You are now able to boot your SXOS emunand using Atmosphere with fusee-primary or hekate payloads.

If you want to have an Atmosphere emunand on files, then:
Set SXOS Hidden partition as Source and select the sd card
Set Atmosphere files as target and select where to create the files.
Press start button and wait.
If you want to boot the emunand on file (good also as a test to check if it's a good backup), copy the generated emummc folder in sd root
You can also select the SD Card itself as Target, the files will be created in the correct emummc folder for atmosphere, ready to boot

Ciao!

Attachments

• emummc.zip
    666 bytes · Views: 159

BabaYagaJW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to convert my SXOS FILES EmuNAND to an Atmosphere EmuMMC Hidden Partition. I have already backed up all the files to my PC. I ran MiniPartition Tool, wiped my MicroSD. I set the 2nd partition to 30GB, ran emutool to convert from SXOS Files to Atmosphere Hidden Partition. It said it went thru well. I then copied Vanilla Atmosphere to the MicroSD Non EmuMMC Partition and got an error booting into Atmosphere. Something about missing Fuse-Secondary, but I used Fuse-Primary to inject.

TheyKilledKenny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm looking to convert my SXOS FILES EmuNAND to an Atmosphere EmuMMC Hidden Partition. I have already backed up all the files to my PC. I ran MiniPartition Tool, wiped my MicroSD. I set the 2nd partition to 30GB, ran emutool to convert from SXOS Files to Atmosphere Hidden Partition. It said it went thru well. I then copied Vanilla Atmosphere to the MicroSD Non EmuMMC Partition and got an error booting into Atmosphere. Something about missing Fuse-Secondary, but I used Fuse-Primary to inject.
Fuse-secondary is an important file of Atmosphere set of files
Check if fusee-secondary is present and not corrupted.
Check if the folder sept is present on the root of the SD with all the files inside.
Check also that in emummc.ini file the Sector Address is the same that Emutool Show in target window.
Set SXOS files as Source and Atmo Hidden partition as Target.

Really, I don't know what is wrong with your setup, there are many details that may have gone wrong.

To check if your Atmo setup is ok, you can first try to load the sx emu files as Atmo emu files.
To do that copy all the sx emu files in a folder named eMMC under emummc folder, like emummc/SD01 /eMMC
Rename all the files in emummc/SD00/eMMC as: boot0.bin in BOOT0, boot1.bin in BOOT1 and all files named full.XX.bin in XX (full.00.bin in 00, full.01.bin in 01, and so on)
(If you want a full test copy also Emutendo folder in emummc/SD01/ and rename it as Nintendo)

Set your emummc.ini file like this (backup your actual emummc.ini):
[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x0
path=emuMMC/SD01
id=0x0000
nintendo_path=emuMMC/SD01/Nintendo

Now you can try to see if it boots. Remember Boot a emu on files with Atmo is very, very slow compared to sxos, it can take also more than 30minutes, depends on your sd card.
If it boots correctly then is should boot also from hidden partition, try to restore again if not.

Lert me know.

Ciao!

BabaYagaJW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your reply!

I appreciate you getting back to me so fast. I found an issue that I copied the Atmosphere files to the wrong partition. I moved it to the correct and Atmosphere ran on my SysNAND, NOT on my EmuNAND, but I shut it down immediately.

My real issue is, I do NOT want Atmosphere as files, I just want the Atmosphere as a hidden partition. However, I have an existing SXOS Files structure.

I'm just hoping to save time from not copying every single game via checkpoint.

I just assumed I backup my SXOS EmuNAND (Files) ALL to my PC.
Wipe my Memory Card. Save 30GB as the second partition. Make a FAT32 for the first partition. I had used EmuTOOL to dump my SXOS EmuNAND (Files) to the 2nd partition. However, I had to put the 2nd partition as FAT32 to be able to write to it.

At this point, I'd rather just start from scratch. I ended up wiping the card, putting SXOS back so I could use it until I got a reply and a direction where to go.

Essentially, what am I missing and how I properly create the hidden Atmosphere EmuMMC so I can move SXOS EmuNAND files there?

TheyKilledKenny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you for your reply!

I appreciate you getting back to me so fast. I found an issue that I copied the Atmosphere files to the wrong partition. I moved it to the correct and Atmosphere ran on my SysNAND, NOT on my EmuNAND, but I shut it down immediately.

My real issue is, I do NOT want Atmosphere as files, I just want the Atmosphere as a hidden partition. However, I have an existing SXOS Files structure.

I'm just hoping to save time from not copying every single game via checkpoint.

I just assumed I backup my SXOS EmuNAND (Files) ALL to my PC.
Wipe my Memory Card. Save 30GB as the second partition. Make a FAT32 for the first partition. I had used EmuTOOL to dump my SXOS EmuNAND (Files) to the 2nd partition. However, I had to put the 2nd partition as FAT32 to be able to write to it.

At this point, I'd rather just start from scratch. I ended up wiping the card, putting SXOS back so I could use it until I got a reply and a direction where to go.

Essentially, what am I missing and how I properly create the hidden Atmosphere EmuMMC so I can move SXOS EmuNAND files there?
Emunand as file was only a fast way to check if your backup is working and not corrupted for any reason.
You do not have to format the 30GB second partition as Fat32, you only need to create an empty unformatted partition.
Please check my previous post on Minitool here
If your partition is nmot shown in Emutool then you can write in the Sector field the Starting sector number of the 30GB partition you can find with your partition software.

However the simplest and fastest way is to start an Emunand creation from SXOS menu, press Cancel when you see boot0 or boot1 (few seconds) and then restore your Emunand files with Emutool setting SX hidden partition as Target.
When finished restoring use the filese I posted here to boot that Emunad with Atmo/Hekate.
Now you have an hidden partition emunand you can load both with SXOS or with Atmosphere depends on payload injected.

Ciao!

Motordriver122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I have also createtd Emunand with Hekate. I have a Emummc folder in my old sd card and i want to upgrade now to a bigger sd card. In my Emummc folder i find another folder with Raw.

What options do i have to check in this EmuTool program? :) The other folders like atmosphere etc i can just copy over, but i'm not sure how to copy the emummc folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y