Newcomer

United States
    Thank you for this!

TheyKilledKenny likes this.
  2. TheyKilledKenny

OP TheyKilledKenny Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    What you are describing is the same configuration I am currently using. I moved an sx files emunand to a new sd on hidden partitions and I can start it with both sx and fusee-primary.
    My emunand is still on fw 9.20.

If the emunand works with sxos, then the copy is ok and the problem isn't the backup/restore process.

I'm very sorry, but it's really difficult for me to try to guess what's wrong with your installation. A lot of small or big things that can be wrong in loading the emunand.
    I can assure you (and everybody) that Emutool does nothing within the emunand, it is a simple binary copy tool (a copy machine)
    There are no keys so Emutool is unable to decrypt Emunand (and there is no code inside that attempts to do so), therefore no operations can be performed inside the Emu

Check if you have themes or HBs that are not compatible with Atmosphere, remove any game cards from the cartdrige reader.
    Recheck the Atmosphere files, specially sept and atmosphere folders, the sigpatches and try again.

I'm sorry for not giving you a definitive solution.

Ciao!

3. fvig2001

fvig2001 GBAtemp Fan

Thanks for the tool. I needed this because my NANDs were 256gb and I wanted the SD card to use the 32gb backup. I would like to know, if ever the Dragon MMC comes out, is there a way to get the emunand emmc and convert it to hekate? I would probably send that copy to a new NAND module.

4. TheyKilledKenny

Newcomer

Italy
    I don't know Dragon MMC in detail, but for what I see it is a switchable Nand able to give you 3 different Nand for your switch.
    Emutool can read directly from Switch Nand only if mounted via memloader, but you need to first mount boot0, then boot1 and in the end the rawnand. (Someone know if possible and how to mount all the 3 toghether?).
    It's easier if you dump the currently selected Dragon Nand with sxos or hekate (backup or new emunand) and then you can use this tool to make backups and restore in varius format.
    I hope I understand your question.

Ciao!

5. fvig2001

fvig2001 GBAtemp Fan

My question was, will it be possible for emutool to transfer emunand to hekate backup since I cannot do nand to hekate backup. Currently this option is not available. If Dragon MMC ever becomes available, I would like to request that Hekate Backup be available on the right side.

Last edited by fvig2001, Jun 9, 2020
  6. TheyKilledKenny

Newcomer

Italy
    Ah, ok, the answer is simpler than I thought.
    In reality there is no need for this option.
    If you saved the emunand as a Hekate file, you can restore this "emunand on file" in a Nand as if it were a normal "Nand Backup".

Emunand, emuMMC and Nand Backup are all the same binary dump (copy) of a Switch Nand and can be (quite) freely interchangeable.
    they change the file names and the way they're splitted in different number of files and sizes for various reason.
    Hekate already support restore from differently splitted backups.

I'm not good in English, I try to explain with an example:
    If you create an Hekate Backup and immediately after (without turning on your sysnand) an sxos Emunand on file, then you join all the XX files together of hekate backup and all the full.xx.bin files of sxos emunand, you will get 2 exact same file.

I hope I was able to explain myself

Ciao!

Last edited by TheyKilledKenny, Jun 9, 2020
  7. chuliu

chuliu Newbie
    Newcomer

Hong Kong
    Thanks for your work.
    I was able to upgrade to a 512gb sd card from a 256gb one.
    I did this by using emutool to create backup of my hidden partition on the same sd card as files.
    Then I copied boot.dat and license.dat to my new sd card and booted into sx os.
    Then I clicked on options, emunand, create emunand to create the hidden partiton. I stopped at seeing boot1 and boot2.
    Then I restore from the old sd card the backup of the hidden partition as files to my new sd card as a partition.
    After that, I copied all the contents on my old sd card except sxos/emunand/ to my new sd card.
    Then it works.

I also noticed I couldn't do the copy of the old contents on the old card to new one in mac os.
    If I do that, it boot to switch os but says that it cannot access sd card with error 2016-0247.

I re-formatted the new sd card in windows and copied again all the files except the sxos/emunand and it works.

8. TheyKilledKenny

Newcomer

Italy
    Thank you for your feedback.
    Yes, Macos add some hidden file and other stuff to the SD Card and sometimes it is not compatible with switch.

Ciao!

9. a4854857

a4854857 Newbie
    Newcomer

China
    thx very much!

10. chuliu

chuliu Newbie
    Newcomer

Hong Kong
    hi, can someone please help me?
    I tried to load atmosphere with tegrarcmgui and play around with it on my switch that I jailbroke with sx pro before.
    I used a new sd card thinking it won't affect my old sd card with sx os on it.
    Then this morning I booted sx os with the old sd card with my switch.
    The emunand option is disabled, even if the sxos/emunand files were there.
    I tried to convert the files to a hidden partition with emutool but to no avail.
    What should I do to get my emunand back?

Thanks.

11. TheyKilledKenny

Newcomer

Italy
    I understand that you started with and SX OS emunand on file and then you copied the content, using windows, to a new SD and booted the Emunand using Atmosphere.
    If you did a normal copy and paste then this operation should not touch your old SD card and If all the Emunand file are in the folder sxos/Emunand then SXOS should be able to recognize an emunand.

It's difficult for me try to guess what can be wrong, because there are a lot of reason like sd card corruption (if not removed correctly), viruses, wrong operations (cut instead of copy), etc.
    If you want to try with hidden partition (I read you already copied in hidden partition) insert the sd card in the PC (not a MacOs), open Emutool and set SXOS hidden partition as source then check that the "Enable Partition Emu" button is selected (pressed)
    If Enable Partition Emu is selected then SXOS should recognize a Hidden Partition Emunand even if the Emunand does not exist (in which case the switch does not start, obviously).
    If even in this case SXOS is not able to recognize the Emunand, I'm sorry but I really don't know what can be wrong.

Let me know.

Ciao!

Last edited by TheyKilledKenny, Jul 2, 2020 at 6:12 PM
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - partition, EmuTool, another