ROM Hack RELEASE EmuTool - Move partition Emu on another SD, Switch Emu type on SXOS and more

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes, cause if you can't access the hekate then you have to format the 441.99GB again

ok in that case I will let the files be copied locally for now
and instead of copying them on the new card i wont do that and try them steps
what do u reckon the chances of it working are?seems like an unknown science to me
Post automatically merged:

edit I copied the files over (hekate) but when it came to EmuMMC migration tool
all of the options are greyed out
that means i got something wrong somewhere
any ideas? im looking now

Hekate doesn't find my partition 29.2GB one, so it prob means that I have copied something to that partition over wrong.

Last edited by Psd99,

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Another option is convert the Raw partition to file emunand based, and you never will have to deal with partitions, only common files on your SD card.
Another option is convert the Raw partition to file emunand based, and you never will have to deal with partitions, only common files on your SD card.

how do i do that i mean i dont even undestand the implications
all 3 options were actually greyed out when i looked.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
The global process is:

1) Use EmuTool where the source is hidden partition and target Atmosphère files

1668626457086.png

2) Then you copy the resultant folder to you SD Card SD:/emuMMC/SD00/eMMC and then you use Hekate to config that folder as your EmuNAND. and voilà.

Your SD:/emuMMC/emummc.ini should something like:
Code:
[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x0
path=emuMMC/SD00
id=0x30304453
nintendo_path=emuMMC/SD00/Nintendo

3) Remember what you Nintendo EmuNAND folder also have to be on SD:/emuMMC/SD00/Nintendo, if is on another path move it.

You will find some guides telling you to not use File Based EmuNAND, but is something of the far past. Was upon a time Atmosphère had a bug which render the file based EmuNAND so slow what was unusable, but the bug was corrected and now there is no noticeable difference between file and Raw based EmuNAND.

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks dude I actually just realised that when I used EMU tools I was trying to copy over partition 0 and not 1
also my hidden partition was not 29.2GB it was actually 29.16 GB (for some reason) so I mirrored that on the NEW memory card.

I just tried partition 1 and then when i got to hetake i was able to fix the partition
it was very quick like 2 seconds

now im trying to copy all files over to the fat32 partition. I'm not sure it will work but I am also reading your instructions right now. It is very slow but we'll see if it works.

It is saying 7 hours smh hopefully it will go down and i can let u all know
Ftr 256gb card is too small in my opinion
512 is good but 1tb would be ideal

ok here is the deal

this is what that file looks like on my new card:

[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x1a3e0000
path=emuMMC/RAW1
id=0x31574152
nintendo_path=emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo

CFW SysMMC launched okay as did the stock

I found the other one that is the most important failed with red writing.
But I went back in and repaired the Emu MMC and voila it worked
I just tested a few games so far so good

is rthere anything else I need to do here to test it out further before I blow the other old card?

in summary the guide is good but a few screenshots will help others in future.

I repaired the EMU MMC twice - second time seemed to have fixed it, once I had all of the data on the fat 32 partition

absolutely knackered now I think I spent nearly 8 hours getting this to work lol

Thanks for all of your help
wouldnt been able to do this without y'all :_) very valued forum this is
i had no idea its been here for 20 years plus wow

Oh and do i need to rebackup my nand? I think prob not right

Last edited by Psd99,

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
well just my luck it works out that there has been a price drop on the memory cards
now £32.99 on amazon for a 512gb
im tempted to return the item and save nearly £20

but to go through that all again... should be a walk in the park now hahaha

Reactions: impeeza

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
File based emunand is inferior. It's prone to corruption and data loss. Lose your save games once and you'll regret it.

Op i can help you make partition based emunands. Much more stable and sane.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
File based emunand is inferior. It's prone to corruption and data loss. Lose your save games once and you'll regret it.

Op i can help you make partition based emunands. Much more stable and sane.
As stated before, today there is almost no difference on performance on booth methods.

and the "corruption" you speak about is related to ExFat and the bugus driver of nintendo, that's nothing to do with emuNAND file based. you always should format your card as Fat32.

please do not perpetuate myths based on very old facts, you can read all about the problem on the discord channel and the Release page of Atmosphère.

Reactions: rocknard

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
512GB for £32.99 where? please send link

yes amazon in fact 1tb is less than £100 currently

more bang for buck and it is the cheapest it has been ever
well that's what i have gone for
and im going to have to do this process all over again smh lol

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
yes amazon in fact 1tb is less than £100 currently

more bang for buck and it is the cheapest it has been ever
well that's what i have gone for
and im going to have to do this process all over again smh lol
bad time, sadly for me, the USD to my local currency get doubled, so even if the price get cut to half for me is the same local value ;(

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
bad time, sadly for me, the USD to my local currency get doubled, so even if the price get cut to half for me is the same local value ;(

That is a shame
Amazon dropped prices on a lot of storage stuff yesterday in fact ive managed to buy a 18tb external drive for under £100
Madness but should have got a few more lol

1tb on the switch im going to be happy with that

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As stated before, today there is almost no difference on performance on booth methods.

and the "corruption" you speak about is related to ExFat and the bugus driver of nintendo, that's nothing to do with emuNAND file based. you always should format your card as Fat32.

please do not perpetuate myths based on very old facts, you can read all about the problem on the discord channel and the Release page of Atmosphère.
The corruption happens with FAT32 as well. I have spoken about it in discord on several occasions as recently as 2 months ago. Not outdated. I don't care if you don't agree. An ounce of prevention. In the unlikely event your system panics during write or a few other things you can infact corrupt. I'll stick with tried and true in lieu of fast and lazy. Stop attacking people . You're not the end all be all.

Last edited by mikefor20,
Reactions: impeeza

TonyNESgri

Trophies
XP
Country
France
7. Transfer of the Emu to partition
[...]​
Select as Target the type of partition Emu that you want to restore, in case of Atmosphere type you will also have to indicate the initial sector of the partition you created to host the Emu. Please check the other tutorial on how to create a suitable partition for emuMMC (you can use the free minitool partition software).​

Excuse me, I didn't quite understand the part about converting emuNAND files into a partition. What exactly is the initial sector of the partition I'm about to create ? I took a look at the other tutorial, but to be honest, I'm not sure whether I would need to input the same data as it is in the tutorial or is that data specific to each Switch user ? If the latter, how can I find it ?

Also, is it safe for my two SD cards ? Nothing's going to get deleted during the emuNAND conversion and transfer, is it ?

Thank you in advance 🙏🏼

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Can this mount a raw backup of the partition from a file? e.g. a DMG created by DiskDrill (since it's a 1:1 copy of all the bits and bytes, and another tool I remember using but forgot the name to managed to mount it)
This tool is for converting from RAW partition to set of files or set of files to RAW partition to mount a set of files or a full binary backup you must to use NxNANDManager (https://github.com/eliboa/NxNandManager)

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Animage55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you guys that are buying 512gig+ cards on amazon are running them through h2testw before you jump in to switch stuff x.x. I went through 4 return/exchanges on a sandisk ultra 512gig before I gave up on getting a legit card and just spent a bit more on a samsung card from best buy lol(sandisk is overpriced at best buy). Honestly I recommend buying any sandisk thing over 128 gigs straight from the western digital website. They have no authenticity codes inside the package you can easily check so fakes are everywhere where they are stored with multiple sellers. Amazon especially just lumps everything with the right product id in the same pile regardless of seller.

Last edited by Animage55,

MelvinSmiley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As another user above me already said, I don't understand point 7 at all. Linking to an unsorted collection of random guides unfortunately doesn't help me understand how to select this "initial sector of your partition" thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative