ROM Hack RELEASE EmuTool - Move partition Emu on another SD, Switch Emu type on SXOS and more

Deobulakenyo

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Well, on its own partition all the files are together. With files on FAT32 they have to be split into 4G files. You could put it on exfat and have a contiguous file but exfat drivers on Switch aren’t the most up to date. The way I understand it, it‘s not so much ironing out the bugs as much as it’s simply trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.
Okay, got it. I will stick to partitioned emunand. anyway emutool has the backup and restore functionality for it also.

Thank you very much, binkinator.

Reactions: binkinator

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thank you.

Is the performance issues (being slow, gets corrupted, etc.) on SD file emunand still true to this day? Haven't the kinks been ironed out already?
On low versions of atmosphère was issues on file based emuNANDs but for today there is no difference between raw partition and file based emuNAND. On the atmosphère page states the difference on speed is about 10 milliseconds so nobody will note

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On low versions of atmosphère was issues on file based emuNANDs but for today there is no difference between raw partition and file based emuNAND. On the atmosphère page states the difference on speed is about 10 milliseconds so nobody will note
That’s negligible. You’re right…nobody would notice that. I still stick w/ my voodoo, ‘cause…well…it’s voodoo!

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza

Deobulakenyo

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Thank you. Can you guide me to the link of that thread? I want to read more about these things. Thank you

Deobulakenyo

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Okay I gave the sd file a try just to quench my curiousity.

I successfully backed-up my cfw nand from my partition which is updated to the latest fw (and using latest atmosphere)

The folder structure is like this:

D:\Switch Backup\emummc\HPE0\eMMC

inside eMMC are the following files (nand split): BOOT0, BOOT 1, 00 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07

inside emummc is a config.ini file with the following config:

[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x0
path=emuMMC/HPE0
id=0x0000
nintendo_path=emuMMC/HPE0/Nintendo

I know I am supposed to edit this and this what I did following the folder structure in the sdcard:

[emummc]
emummc_enabled = 1
sector=0x0
emummc_path = EmuMMC
id=0x0000
emummc_nintendo_path = Nintendo-emu

I then copied the latest atmosphere files in the sd card...

BUT, the switch boots to atmosphere but in sysnand (not in emunand), so there is something wrong with my config.

The linked tutorial about editing this in the link from the previous page is from 2019 and I was wondering if the structures in the config might have changed already. The link is: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-make-a-file-based-emunand-for-atmosphere.541810/

Can anybody point me to the right direction?

Thanks

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
If the files on your SD Card are located on:
SD:\emummc\HPE0\eMMC
then your emummc.ini file should be configured like:

[emummc] enabled=1 sector=0x0 path=emuMMC/HPE0 id=0x0000 nintendo_path=emuMMC/HPE0/Nintendo

you didn't need changed it.

by example, mine SD card have the files on:

SD:/emuMMC/SD00/eMMC

and my emummc.ini file have:
[emummc] enabled=1 sector=0x0 path=emuMMC/SD00 id=0x30304453 nintendo_path=emuMMC/SD00/Nintendo

also you can use NYX to configure your emuNAND settings:

on the home of NYX you have a icon for emuMMC management:
1658844048580.png

there you can create, migrate or change your current emuMMC settings, selecting change emuMMC
1658844112252.png

you can select a raw partiton or a a folder for your current emuMMC, on my case:
1658844161814.png

you see is my SD00 folder, so if i tap over that my emummc.ini file get the correct values, the procces take a while and you get:
1658844669627.png

and on the emmuMMC home screen you see the current config:

1658844751541.png

look the base folder and nintendo folder on the config.

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Okay I gave the sd file a try just to quench my curiousity.

I successfully backed-up my cfw nand from my partition which is updated to the latest fw (and using latest atmosphere)

The folder structure is like this:

D:\Switch Backup\emummc\HPE0\eMMC

inside eMMC are the following files (nand split): BOOT0, BOOT 1, 00 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07

inside emummc is a config.ini file with the following config:

[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x0
path=emuMMC/HPE0
id=0x0000
nintendo_path=emuMMC/HPE0/Nintendo

I know I am supposed to edit this and this what I did following the folder structure in the sdcard:

[emummc]
emummc_enabled = 1
sector=0x0
emummc_path = EmuMMC
id=0x0000
emummc_nintendo_path = Nintendo-emu

I then copied the latest atmosphere files in the sd card...

BUT, the switch boots to atmosphere but in sysnand (not in emunand), so there is something wrong with my config.

The linked tutorial about editing this in the link from the previous page is from 2019 and I was wondering if the structures in the config might have changed already. The link is: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-make-a-file-based-emunand-for-atmosphere.541810/

Can anybody point me to the right direction?

Thanks
I am not totally sure, but think what id=0x0000 disable the emunand, use NYX to enable and configure it.

Deobulakenyo

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
no a backup, just to config the emmunand.ini file if you follow my steps no new emunand is created only setup is made
Will Nyx be able to recognize my backup nand on sdcard even if atmosphere won't boot into it?

So i use Nyx as payload when it boots how is it going to find my backup nand?

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
im trying to migrate to a new memory card (more space)

im running atmosphere, i see two partitions in eum tools:

1668443240947.png

do I need to copy each partition over individually?
I think my setup is atmosphere hidden but a bit unsure.
Post automatically merged:

ok so I got a prompt asking me to copy the "nintendo" folder from the SD card to the location I saved the card to the PC - where exactly does it need to go? it is about 200GB that folder is.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 337425

ok so I got a prompt asking me to copy the "nintendo" folder from the SD card to the location I saved the card to the PC - where exactly does it need to go? it is about 200GB that folder is.

The 29GB is your hidden partition emunand, the 214,944MB is the rest of the card.

Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

View attachment 337425

Nop the first one is your normal dara partition. Ans the 29 gigabyte is the raw partition you need to backup

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The 29GB is your hidden partition emunand, the 214,944MB is the rest of the card.
ok thanks, Im a bit confused on how to get the whole thing copied over correctly. Instructions are a bit confusing.

whats the deal with the EmuTools sofware? is it copying over all files except games? The bulk of the files look like they are in the nintendo folder. ie the size of the nintendo folder is very much all of the data

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks, Im a bit confused on how to get the whole thing copied over correctly. Instructions are a bit confusing.

whats the deal with the EmuTools sofware? is it copying over all files except games? The bulk of the files look like they are in the nintendo folder. ie the size of the nintendo folder is very much all of the data

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...en-partitions-on-the-same-sd-tutorial.601607/

Hopefully this help you just need to make a 29.2GB Allocated partition on the new card then restore the file based emunand onto new card.

Resize FAT32 Partition and Make New Hidden Partition

THIS WILL MAKE ROOM FOR A SECOND HIDDEN PARTITION.

Now we will RESIZE your FAT32 Partition to leave a 29.2GB Unallocated Partition at the end of the SD
  1. Open MiniTool Partition Wizard
  2. Find the TARGET SD
  3. Right Click on the FAT32 partition
  4. Select Resize
  5. Reduce the size of the FAT32 Partition by 29.2GB using the slider. Make sure that the unllocated space AFTER the FAT32 partition is 29.2GB and DON'T MESS WITH THE UNALLOCATED SPACE BEFORE THE FAT32 PARTITION! THIS IS SXOS EMUNAND!!
  6. Press OK
  7. Right Click on the New Unallocated Partition after the FAT32 partition. (once again not the first one. That is your SXOS Partition.)
  8. Click CREATE
  9. In the "CREATE NEW PARTITION" window Select the following:
    1. Create As: PRIMARY
    2. Drive Letter: NONE
    3. File System: UNFORMATTED
    4. Cluster Size:; NONE
    5. Click OK
  10. In the MAIN WINDOW press Apply
That should format the unallocated space so the tools can see it.

Make new Atmosphere Hidden Partition EmuNAND

In EmuTool
  1. Under "Select source" select Atmosphere files (Or hekate back up files if that's what you have)
  2. Select "Click to select SD Card" and point to the Converted SXOS to Atmosphere Backup files (SX2ATMOemu) or your Atmosphere Backup, You must point to the directory with the BOOT1 BOOT2 00,01 etc etc files, Probably emummc\(A Numeric Code)\eMMC\
  3. Under "Select Target" Select Atmosphere Hidden partition
  4. Select "Click to select SD card" and point to your Target SD card.
  5. Press START.
Restore SD backup and install Atmosphere
If all went well you should be able to copy your SD files you backed up in the beginning of the guide. That should get SXOS back up and running. then you can install Atmosphere. There are a TON of guides. just get the newest SDfiles and toss them on the SD. You'll need sigpatches too if you want to play downloaded content.

1. Copy FILES YOU BACKED UP IN THE BEGINNING OF THE GUIDE back to the SD FAT32 Partition .
  2. Copy all Atmosphere files to your SD
  3. Copy Sigpatches to the SD
If you are converted your EmuNAND from SXOS to Atmosphere and you didn't shrink your EmuNAND you need to copy the files in the EMUTENDO folder contents from SXOS to the Atmosphere NINTENDO folder (emuMMC/XXXX/Nintendo, XXXX is a Alpha Numeric 4 digit ID) this should make everything compatible work.
(Remember games installed with the built in SXOS installer will probably need to be reinstalled.)

Make EmuNAND visible to Atmosphere.

1. Unzip Hekate files to the ROOT of your SD.
  2. Insert SD in to the Switch
  3. Boot Hekate using the hekate payload and your favorite payload launching method.
  4. Select EmuMMC
  5. Select Migrate EmuMMC
  6. Select Fix Raw
  7. Select OK
So this is what you need to do

• Love
Reactions: Psd99 and impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok