ROM Hack RELEASE EmuTool - Move partition Emu on another SD, Switch Emu type on SXOS and more

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first computer as a kid was a TI 99 (programming on basic and storing on a
cassette player 😂, then C64 and also as you, Amiga and WHAOO 3,5 “ drives 😱
And lot of RAM 😂.

And , yeah, as you say , Blast from the past 🙄 (first time I putted my hands on a computer it was a TRS80, then Apple II at school).

TO THE MODOS : sorry for the off topic, just good to remind old times sometimes, with people understanding… 😉

And about Tinfoil, the arguments you developed are exactly the reasons why I never recommended it, even if I must admit, I used it at the very beginning of switch hacking.
In the begining it was the only option really. I use the version he made specifically for mario maker level downloads still.

Reactions: impeeza

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My first computer as a kid was a TI 99 (programming on basic and storing on a
cassette player 😂, then C64 and also as you, Amiga and WHAOO 3,5 “ drives 😱
And lot of RAM 😂.

And , yeah, as you say , Blast from the past 🙄 (first time I putted my hands on a computer it was a TRS80, then Apple II at school).
I have an Amiga 500 Plus, it was a very superior machine at the time. I bought it for £180 that somebody had refurbished, removed the clock battery and fixed some of the traces. Still works, but it seems like the PSU is causing some issues with something.

taffyponty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok here we go.

Hi.. are you meaning to use the emultools for this backup? so it should be the 92gb partition i'm backing up. or is emutools just for restoring a backup?

Your EmuNAND is the 29.26 GB partition. You will back it up. You may use Emutool as I have in the past, NxNAND manager or Hekate will work for the backup too. I used EmuTool in the past. They are all good tools. I am just recommending things I have tried

YOU DIDN'T READ MY TUTORIAL DID YOU? PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS AND READ THE TUTORIAL I LINKED SO I AM NOT TALKING JIBBERISH TO YOU. DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE.

I have to use tegra to inject the hekate payload.. meaning i should not use this little dongle thingy which i normally plug into the usb c port on the switch?

It doesn't matter how you inject it. Just make sure it's the latest version of Hekate on your dongle.

literally the only thing which goes onto my new sd card is hekate and nothing else? should i reformat? previously i formatted to fat 32 using certain options using a program called rufus.

Format the new SD to FAT32 first using GUI Formatter or Panasonic SD formatter. Just put the hekate bootloader folder on there. The EmuNAND creation will format your whole card anyway and leave you with 16MB in front. 29.16GB (EmuNAND) in the back and the rest will be in FAT32. Anything you put on there will be gone. Just put the Hekate files.

do i need to make any partitions? just because i have saw similar threads where people were advised to create a partition here. but idk why.

Hekate will do it.

You could use this oppertunity to clean up your install and download a fresh Atmosphere, and sigpatches.

When you copy back everything from the original SD do not overwrite

1. Backup the source SD to be safe
  2. backup your EmuNAND with EmuTOOL
  3. Format NEW SD to FAT32 with this https://gbatemp.net/download/gui-format.33869/
  4. put Hekate bootloader folder on NEW SD
  5. Run Hekate and Create a NEW EmuNAND
  6. Put SD in PC and use Emutool to Restore the backup of the old card
  7. Copy the rest of the old SD over to the new one
That should do it. You may have to fix the EmuNAND in hekate if it doesnt boot but it shouldnt be necessary.

1. Boot Hekate using the hekate payload and your favorite payload launching method.
  2. Select EmuMMC
  3. Select Migrate EmuMMC
  4. Select Fix Raw
  5. Select OK
is it sd file or sd partition?

do do you have to use emutool? because backing up seems more straightforward with hekate, theres a lot of confusing options using emutool.
where exactly is the tutorial. you got a stack of tutorials.

Last edited by taffyponty,

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it sd file or sd partition?

do do you have to use emutool? because backing up seems more straightforward with hekate, theres a lot of confusing options using emutool.
where exactly is the tutorial. you got a stack of tutorials.

Use whatever you want. I prefer NXnandManager for this but emutool works. What confusing options? Maybe if you read you'd understand the options. Maybe if you read back in THIS THREAD you'd have noticed that i told you 5 or 4 times.

Read this!

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...en-partitions-on-the-same-sd-tutorial.601607/

This is like.... idk....taking a shower. There's lot's of ways to get there. I'm going to have a favorite shampoo,you have a favorite shampoo,who is right? Doesn't matter,we get to the same place. I can't vouch for things I have not tried. That said,

You have an Atmosphère partition based Emunand

You backup the emunand to atmosphere files

Make a fresh emunand on the new card. This gets you a partition

Restore the Atmosphère EmuNAND files to the new card as AtmosphèrePartition.

Then copy the data folder over.

That's it

These programs are made by gifted devs but are not professional. They have little caveats and quirks. Read the tutorial. They assume a minimal amount of knowledge. I use the ones I use because I know them, they work.
I'm happy to help but do read. Also, I try to limit popping the SD in and out of the Switch because the slot is fragile.

All these steps are in the tutorial. I know its written for a different goal but all the information is there.

You can google "move Atmosphère EmuNAND to new card" lots of recent posts on lots of sites. If 100 people say it works it probably does.

• Haha
Reactions: Maupiti

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Use whatever you want. I prefer NXnandManager for this but emutool works. What confusing options? Maybe if you read you'd understand the options. Maybe if you read back in THIS THREAD you'd have noticed that i told you 5 or 4 times.

Read this!

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...en-partitions-on-the-same-sd-tutorial.601607/

This is like.... idk....taking a shower. There's lot's of ways to get there. I'm going to have a favorite shampoo,you have a favorite shampoo,who is right? Doesn't matter,we get to the same place. I can't vouch for things I have not tried. That said,

You have an Atmosphère partition based Emunand

You backup the emunand to atmosphere files

Make a fresh emunand on the new card. This gets you a partition

Restore the Atmosphère EmuNAND files to the new card as AtmosphèrePartition.

Then copy the data folder over.

That's it

These programs are made by gifted devs but are not professional. They have little caveats and quirks. Read the tutorial. They assume a minimal amount of knowledge. I use the ones I use because I know them, they work.
I'm happy to help but do read. Also, I try to limit popping the SD in and out of the Switch because the slot is fragile.

All these steps are in the tutorial. I know its written for a different goal but all the information is there.

You can google "move Atmosphère EmuNAND to new card" lots of recent posts on lots of sites. If 100 people say it works it probably does.
I love your comparison with shampoo 👍

taffyponty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tinfoil sucks. You don't need ut. Use DBI. You can start fresh if you want.
Make sure your sig patches are up-to-date.

This will work
https://rentry.co/EristaEmuNAND

If you read above or the tutorial I told you to read,you would know what those partitions are for.

I don't mind helping but I'm not going to help you be lazy and explain everything to you. It's all just a click or Google search away. Try to educate yourself.
Hello
I don't use sigpatches, I use this https://gbatemp.net/threads/sys-patch-sysmod-that-patches-on-boot.633517/

It's just because I had difficulties following the steps to install sigpatches, but the other thing was easy and straightforward.
I haven't encountered any problems from using it either.

apologies for your frustration. I'm sure your tutorials are great for normal people. I'm on the autistic spectrum and have a narrow and ridgid way of thinking. I lose focus when there's too many options. I work better with specific instructions.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello
I don't use sigpatches, I use this https://gbatemp.net/threads/sys-patch-sysmod-that-patches-on-boot.633517/

It's just because I had difficulties following the steps to install sigpatches, but the other thing was easy and straightforward.

apologies for your frustration. I'm sure your tutorials are great for normal people. I'm on the autistic spectrum and have a narrow and ridgid way of thinking. I lose focus when there's too many options. I work better with specific instructions.

That plugin is newish. I will probably go that route when I write my new tutorial or the next time I need to update my patches but I haven't gone there yet. I appreciate your special needs but, no offense, don't expect me to coddle you. There are almost as many options as tutorials. If I state anything "rigid" I get a whole bunch of chumps telling me that they do it differently and I am trying to control people. (Like earlier in the thread). I guess no good deed goes unpunished. I'm just helping people. I don't get paid. Hell, I got 40k views and like 20 likes on the last tutorial I wrote.. Too much for people to even say thank you. I present the options and you decide.

I think the entire spectrum is well represented on the Temp. Maybe even this thread. I stopped trying to make everyone happy long ago in life. I have been ostracized, berated, threatened and shunned around here. So I decided to just present, to the best of my ability, all the options and some interesting facts. If you read my replies,I try to figure out what you're actually asking by following up with my own questions. I try to be clear about the different options and their caveats.

Sig patch installation is the same as installing that plugin. You unzip it to the SD. It's a pain to find them sometimes but installation is the same. I'm not sure what your issue was but I'm glad you figured it out.

I still stick to what I said earlier,do your due diligence. Read. Google it. Use the search on the temp. If you approach us with basic knowledge it's much easier on the people who help here. I know what it's like to be a newbie. It can be daunting. I have explained all these concepts a hundred times. EmuNAND, CFW, Plugins. Etc etc. It's all easy to find. If you approach with basic knowledge then it's a reasonable task to help you. I try to use precise language and short sentences to keep things from becoming confusing. I get complaints about that too. The Temp becomes a dick waiving contest with attention starved dorks flexing their limited knowledge. Tabzer is a great example. He has disrupted MANY threads I have been on. My patience is wearing a bit thin but I feel like, overall, I am still just trying to be helpful.

As far as you go,you're allright. I appreciate that you take the time to clarify your situation and ask for help. If you still have questions pm me. Just make sure to post the question and resolution for future Tempers.

Last edited by mikefor20,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello

cool, but let us to know which step is hard to follow, the sigpatches installation only step I know is:
  • Extract the zip file to the root of your card
please help us to improve the installation thread. Sigpatches and Sys-Patch are complementary.

taffyponty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Slightly curious by this ... because inside EMUMMC is no HPE0 folder?
I assume it means the nintendo folder from the root directory?? not from the non existent HPE0 folder? or it's not working correctly?

the destination however has HPE0 folder! so should nintendo from source root directory go inside HPE0 in the destination folder? that isn't what this dialogue box says! but it seems to make sense? 0_o

Attachments

• Untitledaa.jpg
    Untitledaa.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 17

taffyponty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tinfoil sucks. You don't need ut. Use DBI. You can start fresh if you want.
Make sure your sig patches are up-to-date.

This will work
https://rentry.co/EristaEmuNAND

If you read above or the tutorial I told you to read,you would know what those partitions are for.

I don't mind helping but I'm not going to help you be lazy and explain everything to you. It's all just a click or Google search away. Try to educate yourself.
but why does tinfoil suck? no offence.. seems like it's got something to do with the comment you or somebody else on this thread made about the author being big headed? i don't really care, but it does let me install games which are sitting on my pc. i don't know how to do that with anything else so.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but why does tinfoil suck? no offence.. seems like it's got something to do with the comment you or somebody else on this thread made about the author being big headed? i don't really care, but it does let me install games which are sitting on my pc. i don't know how to do that with anything else so.

For general title install purpose, dbi is better for that purpose, most people use tinfoil for it shops purpose. Tinfoil developer, Blawar, was annoying few years ago making people jump through hoops just to use it, that why some people don't like tinfoil.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Use the MTP responder in DBI. It works well.

For general title install purpose, dbi is better for that purpose, most people use tinfoil for it shops purpose. Tinfoil developer, Blawar, was annoying few years ago making people jump through hoops just to use it, that why some people don't like tinfoil.

Tinfoil is a bit buggy. The shops are pretty much gone. Unreliable when compared to DBI. Plus Blawar put SX reliant features and hate speech in it. Fuck him. DBI works better anyway.

taffyponty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Use the MTP responder in DBI. It works well.

Tinfoil is a bit buggy. The shops are pretty much gone. Unreliable when compared to DBI. Plus Blawar put SX reliant features and hate speech in it. Fuck him. DBI works better anyway.
Hate speech? What exactly? I'm intrigued by the "shop" feature.

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Forget about shops, not allowed to talk about here anyway. Read the rules.

“Hate speech “, well, a bit of hassle when Sxos was alive, 😂, between Sxos users and Atmosphere users 🙄. What a waste of time and posts…

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slightly curious by this ... because inside EMUMMC is no HPE0 folder?
I assume it means the nintendo folder from the root directory?? not from the non existent HPE0 folder? or it's not working correctly?

the destination however has HPE0 folder! so should nintendo from source root directory go inside HPE0 in the destination folder? that isn't what this dialogue box says! but it seems to make sense? 0_o

Idk. The SD00 folder maybe

🤦‍♂️The shops are gone. I'm not google. Look it up.

https://gprivate.com/66odd

There's anti gay remarks.

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=nintendo+switch+tinfoil+hate+speech

Dude. Bottom line. If I tell you something, go with it or look it up. I'm not here to teach the basics or to argue about things with someone who doesn't understand. I don't want to be your google. I won't support things I tell you not to do. I'm not gonna help you do things that are against the rules. I'm not spending hours here to satisfy your curiosity when there's 100 threads here on all these subjects. I'm unfollowing this thread. This is an Emutool thread. Not noob paradise. Please, I am not trying to be harsh but stop typing and start reading.

Did you even read the stuff I linked days ago? Nope.

Forget about shops, not allowed to talk about here anyway. Read the rules.

“Hate speech “, well, a bit of hassle when Sxos was alive, 😂, between Sxos users and Atmosphere users 🙄. What a waste of time and posts…

It was actual hate speech. It was a comment about God making Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve in the about section . It pissed off a lot of people. I DGAF but it was the first straw on the community ditching blawar. Then there was the SX only features. Plus its really a piracy app anyway. That was the last straw.

DBI is safer, faster, well supported and open source

Fuck Tinfoil

Last edited by mikefor20,
  • Love

taffyponty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Idk. The SD00 folder maybe

🤦‍♂️The shops are gone. I'm not google. Look it up.

https://gprivate.com/66odd

There's anti gay remarks.

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=nintendo+switch+tinfoil+hate+speech

Dude. Bottom line. If I tell you something, go with it or look it up. I'm not here to teach the basics or to argue about things with someone who doesn't understand. I don't want to be your google. I won't support things I tell you not to do. I'm not gonna help you do things that are against the rules. I'm not spending hours here to satisfy your curiosity when there's 100 threads here on all these subjects. I'm unfollowing this thread. This is an Emutool thread. Not noob paradise. Please, I am not trying to be harsh but stop typing and start reading.

Did you even read the stuff I linked days ago? Nope.

It was actual hate speech. It was a comment about God making Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve in the about section . It pissed off a lot of people. I DGAF but it was the first straw on the community ditching blawar. Then there was the SX only features. Plus its really a piracy app anyway. That was the last straw.

DBI is safer, faster, well supported and open source

Fuck Tinfoil
Maybe you're a younger generation than me. In fact I think you probably are. These days younger generations are all about social justice and there's a cancel culture. The generation I come from is more hardcore freedom of speech. Where you can have different friends with completely different opinions but still be friends.
The thesis antithesis kind of false dichotomy which exists now, means that everyone is polarised into one of two major groups.

But the view that gender disphoria is a mental condition was (and still is) debatable.
You may not hear the views of those scientists who say it is. Because that's how the media in all forms censors what it considers "politically incorrect"

While I don't care one way or another if it is or isn't. Because it doesn't effect me, or my family.. in which case to each their own .
But the fact the topic is debatable is a fact.
There's evidence to indicate that following gender reassignment surgery, those people have an incredibly high suicide rate.
Is that because of the surgery? Or because of society's attitude towards them, or by not accepting them?
Who knows. I don't. But I'm not going to pretend one way or another is a fact. Just that it's not a closed subject.

I myself am diagnosed with ADHD, Asperger's and anxiety avoidance disorder. And I don't even know what any of that means or care... but receive regular discrimination from all types, at work.. especially from the government who have tried taking my children off me multiple times until I've spent 3 years proving with assesments from qualified psychologists that having Asperger's or anything else I've been diagnosed with, doesn't make me a bad parent, or dangerous.
But it's been absolute hell for years I've had to fight to keep my family.

But am I against freedom of speech?
Hell no.
And besides. I only care what my family thinks and I'm loved. I don't care a to$$ what strangers think.
I think they have a right to their opinion.
In my experience it isn't everyday people who's opinion bothers me. In fact if that can express it towards me, I find them venting their opinions is better than them bottling up resenting and not expressing opinions which I can challenge.

It's the government are the ones truly capable of hate speech in my experience
Because their prejudice views can do infinitely more harm than your average person.
And unlike the average guy. The government is impossible to keep in check. They know exactly how to discriminate while making it seem like their not discriminating.
Because of their seemingly bottomless pit of funds to hire the best lawyers . To cleverly word their hate speech, to make it seem like neutral "causes for concern"

Whoever this tinfoil guy is. He can't achieve anything with his unpopular views anyway. So I wouldn't waste a second thought on it.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you're a younger generation than me. In fact I think you probably are. These days younger generations are all about social justice and there's a cancel culture. The generation I come from is more hardcore freedom of speech. Where you can have different friends with completely different opinions but still be friends.
The thesis antithesis kind of false dichotomy which exists now, means that everyone is polarised into one of two major groups.

But the view that gender disphoria is a mental condition was (and still is) debatable.
You may not hear the views of those scientists who say it is. Because that's how the media in all forms censors what it considers "politically incorrect"

While I don't care one way or another if it is or isn't. Because it doesn't effect me, or my family.. in which case to each their own .
There's evidence to indicate that following gender reassignment surgery, those people have an incredibly high suicide rate.
Is that because of the surgery? Or because of society's attitude towards them, or by not accepting them?
Who knows. I don't. But I'm not going to pretend one way or another is a fact. Just that it's not a closed subject.

I myself am diagnosed with ADHD, Asperger's and anxiety avoidance disorder. And I don't even know what any of that means or care... but receive regular discrimination from all types, at work.. especially from the government who have tried taking my children off me multiple times until I've spent 3 years proving with assesments from qualified psychologists that having Asperger's or anything else I've been diagnosed with, doesn't make me a bad parent, or dangerous.

Hell no.
And besides. I only care what my family thinks and I'm loved. I don't care a to$$ what strangers think.
In my experience it isn't everyday people who's opinion bothers me. In fact if that can express it towards me, I find them venting their opinions is better than them bottling up resenting and not expressing opinions which I can challenge.

Because their prejudice views can do infinitely more harm than your average person.
And unlike the average guy. The government is impossible to keep in check. They know exactly how to discriminate while making it seem like their not discriminating.
Because of their seemingly bottomless pit of funds to hire the best lawyers . To cleverly word their hate speech, to make it seem like neutral "causes for concern"

Whoever this tinfoil guy is. He can't achieve anything with his unpopular views anyway. So I wouldn't waste a second thought on it.

Wtf? Dude. I'm 45 and i dont care about any of that. Not in the slightest. It's bullshit. People today are lost. Tinfoil is inferior. I'm not helping you with it. Go to a noob thread or start your own. You're off topic. Go read something. Stop typing.

• Love

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Hell no.

Amazing…🙄, I really doubt you’re older than me and @mikefor20 ,
Pathetic…🙄
I think I’ve been on scenes before you were borned 😂

Last edited by Maupiti,
Reactions: mikefor20

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol