Homebrew Emus/Apps with SDHC support.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I took hartleyshc's version (he gave me his source, thanks for that) and extended it. Here you can get a a pack with two versions:

- One for use with HBC: It goes back to HBC when pressing HOME, reboots Wii when pressing 1 and shuts down the Wii with button 2.
- The other one is meant for wads. It's the same as above with HOME disabled.

Hope you find them useful. Credit goes to hartleyshc for his awesome work.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
cool
smile.gif

Im going to try more of this editing myself,
Spacejump can you do the same for SD Explorer 1.0b on wiibrew.
smile.gif

hartleyshc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well it seems sd explorer is only partial source. so no go on that one.
will probably shoot for quake and doom next, any other homebrew games that people know of that access files off of the sd card?
*maybe even something thats NOT listed on wiibrew.
**and of course i will finish releasing hbc and wad versions of all the programs here.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
smile.gif
hey hartley, its a dam shame sd explorer is partial code same with dragon media player, was as it cant compile, Why the F**k say its the source when its NOT.
Missing loads of libraries, sprites etc.
There isn't really anything else to edit apart from like you say quake & doom, sd explorer if possible eventually, homebrew browser and dragon media player, that's al i think.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
well it seems sd explorer is only partial source. so no go on that on

QUOTEWhat means?
Read movies from the SD is dangerous?
WTF, SD Explorer, is an app that lets you browse what you have on your SD card, and you can move delete files etc.
There is nothing wrong with this application, if you read properly, we have said that many apps DONT INCLUDE FULL SOURCES, there fore we cannot edit them!

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
well it seems sd explorer is only partial source. so no go on that on

QUOTEWhat means?
Read movies from the SD is dangerous?
WTF, SD Explorer, is an app that lets you browse what you have on your SD card, and you can move delete files etc.
There is nothing wrong with this application, if you read properly, we have said that many apps DONT INCLUDE FULL SOURCES, there fore we cannot edit them!
Oh, i'm sorry, i misunderstood...
wacko.gif

I believed tha SD Explorer was include in the MPlayer!
ph34r.gif
Instead is another homebrew....
wacko.gif

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
Hartleyshc, you feel like doing a diff on your code versus stock SVN? I'm going to try a few things for myself and am a bit curious to your edits to the source.

hartleyshc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
joda said:
Hartleyshc, you feel like doing a diff on your code versus stock SVN? I'm going to try a few things for myself and am a bit curious to your edits to the source.

its pretty simple. i'll post my changed files though. (on most "well organized" sources, its the menu.c, or menu.cpp)
most things i changed are at the menu level. *meaning the call for exiting to launcher is still there, its just never used in the main menu*
a similar thing is done in mplayer, as i mentioned before, i just changed the return 0 after the print command *exiting mplayer* to the command to reset the wii. since the only time the print message is showing up is when *you guessed it* the system is exiting.

youll have to give me a few days. im working all this weekend and at night going to the fest (those interested in punk, indy, or hardcore sub-genres of music check it out)
meeting up with my father to take him out for his birthday beginning next week and voting is taking place here in America on the 4th. so i'll probably have enough time to do it after voting.

(note: unlike most people, my work schedule gives me a 2-day weekend on monday and tuesday. so one of those 2 days i should have enough time to post my changes.)

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
hartleyshc said:
joda said:

its pretty simple. i'll post my changed files though. (on most "well organized" sources, its the menu.c, or menu.cpp)
most things i changed are at the menu level. *meaning the call for exiting to launcher is still there, its just never used in the main menu*
a similar thing is done in mplayer, as i mentioned before, i just changed the return 0 after the print command *exiting mplayer* to the command to reset the wii. since the only time the print message is showing up is when *you guessed it* the system is exiting.

youll have to give me a few days. im working all this weekend and at night going to the fest (those interested in punk, indy, or hardcore sub-genres of music check it out)
meeting up with my father to take him out for his birthday beginning next week and voting is taking place here in America on the 4th. so i'll probably have enough time to do it after voting.

(note: unlike most people, my work schedule gives me a 2-day weekend on monday and tuesday. so one of those 2 days i should have enough time to post my changes.)
Sweet.

Good luck voting!

Clockswork

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just have quick question, you posted your files in a WAD link but the files I get are in .dol formats. Is there an app to convert these or should I just rename them?

Oh, and good luck voting
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0