Dragongray

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,
after Kosmos Update (15.2 to 16.1) I can't boot with the hekate launch option "CFW (EMUMMC)". I get the error:

emuMMC is forced but not enabled!
Failed to launch HOS!
Press any key..

I have always used "CFW (EMUMMC)" to launch. I never created an emuMMC. So the emuMMC is always been disabled und it used eMMC for boot.

"CFW (SYSNAND)" is working but the games are corrupt.

What should I do to get this working again?

Thanks in advance!

Dragongray

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thanks for your reply but that doesn't solve this problem.
How can it be that I can't use CFW (EMUMMC) anymore. I always used it before the update :/

tom2199

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: Dragongray

Dragongray

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
oh man, that's it! Thank you very much!

It worked for me to set emummcforce=1 to emummcforce=0. So it don't cause an error because of no emummc.ini.
I think my setup is not recommended but it works again.

Last edited by Dragongray,

tom2199

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No problem, but why don't you start with CFW (SysNAND)? It is the same thing afterall, so if it works for you go for it I just don't quite understand why.

Garant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No problem, but why don't you start with CFW (SysNAND)? It is the same thing afterall, so if it works for you go for it I just don't quite understand why.

You generally dont want to boot in sysnand(cfw) to avoid getting your sysnand "dirty", so if eventually you want to legally play online with your sysnand partition you have less to worry about

tom2199

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You generally dont want to boot in sysnand(cfw) to avoid getting your sysnand "dirty", so if eventually you want to legally play online with your sysnand partition you have less to worry about
If it's not starting with emummcforce then you have no emunand

kantaroo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oh man, that's it! Thank you very much!

It worked for me to set emummcforce=1 to emummcforce=0. So it don't cause an error because of no emummc.ini.
I think my setup is not recommended but it works again.
Hi, I'm encountering a similar error as you. Can you please clarify for me how you set emummcforce=0? Whereabouts can you change that setting?
Thanks.

Edit: I figured it out with a bit of googling - just writing it down here in case it helps someone else.
I made the change manually in the file hekate_ipl.ini within the bootloader directory.
I can now boot into emummc like I used to. I don't know if this is now no longer recommended, but at least it's functional again.
Now if I could only get into the Homebrew menu I'd be able to change update the firmware which is what I set out to do in the first place!

Last edited by kantaroo,

NoAds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kantaroo thanks for the help, but I tried your methods and they don't work for me. When I change the hekate_ipl.ini within the bootloader directory, to emummcforce=1 to emummcforce=0. It just sends me back to the hekate menu. Please me with my issue. Thanks.

kantaroo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kantaroo thanks for the help, but I tried your methods and they don't work for me. When I change the hekate_ipl.ini within the bootloader directory, to emummcforce=1 to emummcforce=0. It just sends me back to the hekate menu. Please me with my issue. Thanks.

I'm sorry to say I don't know much more than what I posted; it was a bit of trial and error for me as I'm not a real expert on these things. In fact I have just realised that some of my games do not work (but oddly, most do) after I upgraded. I've summed up my misadventures in this post in case it helps anyone:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/firmware-upgrade-problem-emummc-is-forced-but-not-enabled.567385/

Perhaps you should post in this thread that seems well populated with knowledgeable people, sorry I can't help more myself:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii