Hacking Emulated NAND for Rock Band 2 DLC

mayhem366

Trophies
XP
Country
Heathcliff said:
mayhem366 said:
I have also confirmed this method to be working but have a thought on how to update the emulated nand.
I download the songs i want onto my wii nand and then do the backup, delete the DLC off of the wii nand.
Backup nand now has songs, wii nand does not. Download some more songs onto wii nand, surely then backing that up would overwrite the emulated save meaning only the new songs would show right?

Oh, and downloading to the emulated nand by accessing the rock shop using uLoader + USB options does not work at all.

To add more songs as they come simplu download them to your real NAND, dump it then unpack the dump with ShowMiiWads and paste it over your old NAND dump choosing to overwrite all when prompted. I can tell you this work as this is the methode I use.

QUOTE(mayhem366 @ Mar 16 2010, 02:14 PM) Hmm, is there a way to stop RB2 'backing up' the stuff to the hard drive if it is loaded through the USB? Mine took a couple of mins in the normal places to load, checking SD card, loading etc. But now it has got to backup content and is taking bleeding ages to do whatever it is doing.

If I undertand your problem then you would simply have to chose not to backup the songs onto the SD card when prompted (right before the title screen appears).

I have seen this message before on the real nand, do you want back up to sd blah blah, unfortunately when running from the USB it says that it has to backup to the SD and goes off on one.
I have now used the other method now for putting new songs onto the nand backup by using the pc tools, it is a hell of a lot quicker.

mvgc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AtomBoy said:
However, I don't want to download every song form RB2 store manually. I have used RockBand2-DLC-PCTools-PAL to download some song files. but now am not sure what to do with to get them into working app files. I did use the program to turn them into apps files but either didn't do it properly, or have placed then in the wrong folder. The folder name I used was 735a4150

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Read some of the posts here (or even the Readme that came with the PC tools, for that matter). RB2 currently uses 4 folders for DLC, one for each generation that's come out so far.

USB:\nand\title010005\735#4145\content\

Where # = 1-4

AtomBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
735a4150 (1st gen PAL songs) is the folder I used, but after repeated attempts they are still not showing up. I assume i'm doing something wrong with the PC tools. have followed to automatic and manual instructions but no luck.

I guess will try NTSC one to if can get to work with NTSC RB2

Have the guys who have got it to work...
generated bin files with the dowload pc tools and then run it thru the DLCunpacker, or just used the pc tools to generate the app file?

mvgc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At first I was using my SD card to hold the NAND, so since I couldn't hold THAT much (but still much more than the internal NAND) I made the .bin files (needed for normal SD card DLC), then used a DLC manager to extract the songs I wanted, then unpacked those back into the .app files needed for the NAND emulation method.

When I got my hard drive sorted out, I just copied the .app files I had originally made to the new partition.

Both methods worked fine for me!

secamfr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
My method for The Beatles Rock Band :

Launch the game from Disc channel and download some DLC to the real Nand.
Quit and return to the wii menu.
Launch uloader and choose CFG2 from TBRB, click on copy DLC from Nand.
Now your DLC work with uloader !
Repeat operation to have all DLC...

For Guitar Hero 5, you must launch the game from uloader and redownload all DLC from the shop (unpack .bin from sd card and copy to nand doesn't work).

I just have some problem to update my Rock Band 2 DLC, i don't see the last one in the game (lady gaga), i'm trying to download it in my real nand and dump the nand for copy files to see it works...

stfnz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bleh cant get it to work. Got everything installed as far as the DLC goes. Only uLoader saying Folder is 454a4145 instead of 735a4145.
I deleted all the files regarding RockBand I had and the loading takes a long time after booting the game. But it keeps trying to transfer songs to my SD card that I already deleted the data from in my data management (Different songs from the ones on the USB.)

Dont even know where to look for the problem
frown.gif

grrkodiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Remove your SD card while the game is loading, also are you loading RB2 using ios 223. This works for me. It seems that RB2 looks for a SD Card even when loading from Uloader.

Are you using an Original copy of RB2

stfnz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
grrkodiak said:
Remove your SD card while the game is loading, also are you loading RB2 using ios 223. This works for me. It seems that RB2 looks for a SD Card even when loading from Uloader.

Are you using an Original copy of RB2

I think it does load the content, as it takes several minutes to get past the screen with the guy hitting the drums.

And no, it is a backup. I did see that people suggest using the original copy though, but what exactly is the difference?

wiifan420

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Edit 2: Apparently the system menu doesnt matter. 3.2U here and I finally managed to get the emulated nand dlc working. The key for me was to install the game to a wbfs partition. The DLC was found right away and all is working well. Try this anyone who cant get it to work from a retail or backup disc.

stfnz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiifan420 said:
Edit 2: Apparently the system menu doesnt matter. 3.2U here and I finally managed to get the emulated nand dlc working. The key for me was to install the game to a wbfs partition. The DLC was found right away and all is working well. Try this anyone who cant get it to work from a retail or backup disc.

Cool Ill try that tomorrow. I was first trying to go it through a USB HDD, but that gave all sorts of problems. Maybe a SD card will work..

Btw, my NAND is 200mb, does anyone know if there is any way to get rid of stuff I dont need to save some space?

AtomBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
does any one know if the folder for rawksd dlc on nand should be for PAL. I'm hoping it's different than the NTSC one as I can't get it to work using 63524241 or 63524242

stfnz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 1 more question.

When loading in uLoader theres this Folder: tab which gives an ID. For me this said 535a4145. I guess this is my RB2 ID? It is in a folder called 00010000.
So far I have had no luck having my uLoader find my DLC but I guess this might be something. It does appear that uLoader is trying to find the game in a different folder. I have a PAL Wii but I am using a NTSC back-up copy of the game.
Does anyone have any idea what it might be? What does this ID thing in uLoader say for the rest of you?

wiifan420

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RB2 ID for PAL is SZAP69. Im running the NTSC version of the game (SZAE). But strangely the folder you mention that shows up on uLoader is the same folder that mine says. I believe this folder has to do with copying dlc straight from your nand to the usb hdd, but as stated in this thread earlier, it only works for generation 1 dlc. Hence the folder 535a4145 (1st gen folder). The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation dlc would be the same folders only the 1 would change to a 2, 3, or 4.

The steps I did to get it all working.
1. I already had the Rawk SD IOS37 patcher installed.
2. Installed all 4 of DLC unlocker wads.
3. Installed Hermes Cios v5 as 223 with IOS 37 as base.
4. Did a full nand dump with Simple FS Dumper and placed the dump into a folder called "nand" in the root of my FAT partition.
5. Put DLC into the correct folders in my HDD nand. For NTSC this folder would be X:\ nand \ title \ 00010005 \ 735a4145 \ content \ (make sure you put the correct
gen in the correct folder such as if it was 2nd generation the folder would be 735a4245). Side Note: The DLC has to be in .app format and there is 2 .apps for 1 song.
6. Make sure the settings on Uloader are correct. In CFG #1 choose Cios 223. Then in CFG #2 select "USB" instead of SD, then select "Use DLC from USB" (or something along that).
7. I initially tried to launch the game with a disc backup but the DLC wasnt showing up. So I installed the game to a wbfs partition.
8. Launch the game from the wbfs partition with Uloader with the settings specified above.

Oh and I havent read anyone state this before now. Saving scores to the emulated nand takes roughly 1 minute. Initial loading time and checking system memory loading times average around 4 minutes each. After that its all good.

Hammer16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stfnz said:
I have 1 more question.

When loading in uLoader theres this Folder: tab which gives an ID. For me this said 535a4145. I guess this is my RB2 ID? It is in a folder called 00010000.
So far I have had no luck having my uLoader find my DLC but I guess this might be something. It does appear that uLoader is trying to find the game in a different folder. I have a PAL Wii but I am using a NTSC back-up copy of the game.
Does anyone have any idea what it might be? What does this ID thing in uLoader say for the rest of you?

Have you figured this out yet? The ID folder id is the same as the folder that the Gen 1 DLC's should go in. I am able to get my Gen 1 DLC to show and work but not Gen 2? I figured there must be a way to change the folder id to 545a4245 but can't seem to change it. Anyone have this problem?

stfnz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks wiifan420, I am going to try that if I dont get this working.

Hammer16 said:
stfnz said:
I have 1 more question.

Have you figured this out yet? The ID folder id is the same as the folder that the Gen 1 DLC's should go in. I am able to get my Gen 1 DLC to show and work but not Gen 2? I figured there must be a way to change the folder id to 545a4245 but can't seem to change it. Anyone have this problem?

No I havent figured it out yet. But it does seem that theres something wrong with the folder. As I now, after copying some content within the 535a4145 folder, get a music store indexing error. Thats closer to having DLC than I had gotten before, I hope that I can figure it out.

Edit: Ah, reread wiifan420's post, well when I try to copy DLC to the USB I get a error aswell. But I guess it did find the USB otherwise there wouldnt be files on there. Hmm.. next.
wacko.gif

Edit2: Tried what you said wiifan420, I think RawkSD definitely made a change. uLoader takes long to start up now, as if it is loading something. I also get the refreshing content message in RB2. But when I enter my playlist theres still no DLC.

choizmeatz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone help me on my problem? when I tried to convert .bin to .app (NAND readable files), using decrypter, I got an error saying something like "00000d2.app file or directory not found"

Thanks.

AtomBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is a bit complex so I'll try to get it right.

I am using version 0.22 to select and move specific songs I have on my hard drive to fake SD card on my hard drive. I then run these bin files thru DLCunpacker so they're turned into .app files. These .app files are then copied to an emulated NAND to play with RB2 using uLoader 4.9B. The songs are PAL. RB2 is PAL
The problem is some of the songs don't match up. I have a lot of Stevie Ray Vaughn songs on my emulated NAND, but I didn't select any for transfer using DLC manager.

Does DLC read the bin files and get the song's name from the bin file, or does it refer to a song database?
I can't seem to figure it out!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9