Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
specialjerm said:
Are you also going to translate story?
QUOTE(clegion @ Nov 2 2009, 08:39 AM) he did say he will finish the menu first
I have the script dumped and it can be inserted back in the game anytime but I don't think translating it in google docs is the way to go. I need one dedicated translator to work in the script alone.

Oh, and the next translation project is gonna be Blood of Bahamut, I finished the translation tools just today and I have a translator who might want to work on it, if he doesn't, I'll ask him to work on Element hunters
happy.gif
;

Cavallone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Noitora said:
KingdomBlade said:
Looks great, surprised to see the weapon names were finished so quickly. I'll try it once I play ASH for a bit.
Yes, Uzumakijl, DarthNemesis and everyone else who helped with the translation did a splendid job, it's all thanks to them that we can enjoy this game in English
yay.gif

I got mentioned in the "everyone else who helped with the translation". YAY *-* AUSHAUSHSAHUASHUHAS

So, hope everyone can help with the translation, Blood of Bahamut for the next game? I'm in again. 8D

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country

Noitora

::
OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Cavallone said:
Noitora said:
KingdomBlade said:
Looks great, surprised to see the weapon names were finished so quickly. I'll try it once I play ASH for a bit.
Yes, Uzumakijl, DarthNemesis and everyone else who helped with the translation did a splendid job, it's all thanks to them that we can enjoy this game in English
yay.gif

I got mentioned in the "everyone else who helped with the translation". YAY *-* AUSHAUSHSAHUASHUHAS

So, hope everyone can help with the translation, Blood of Bahamut for the next game? I'm in again. 8D
Thanks for the help Cavallone, I'll put your name in the first page and in the credits of the game
smile.gif

MurtenTK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
KingdomBlade said:
MurtenTK said:
cia11 said:
Would you upload story, even in japanse?
I don't think that is possible because it's illegal to put parts of a rom on the internet.

To Noitura: I hope you can find a translator, who wants to translate the story. Maybe you could ask Takanto, who told he would like help translating a game

Dumping the ROM script isn't illegal. Tons of translators do that.
I know that, but on this forum you may not link to a rom site or rom. So why would it be allowed to link to parts of a rom.

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Noitora said:
Oh, and the next translation project is gonna be Blood of Bahamut, I finished the translation tools just today and I have a translator who might want to work on it, if he doesn't, I'll ask him to work on Element hunters
happy.gif
;
Are you sure Square Enix won't release US version? I thought they will (although they hasn't announced it), it takes a year maybe. Blood of Bahamut can make some money for them, I'm pretty sure they will release US version.

Noitora

OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
ShinRyouma said:
Noitora said:
happy.gif
;
Are you sure Square Enix won't release US version? I thought they will (although they hasn't announced it), it takes a year maybe. Blood of Bahamut can make some money for them, I'm pretty sure they will release US version.
Probably..then I guess I'll wait.

And here are some new screenshots from my current build, I'm focusing on having most of the menus translated for the next patch.

246uscm.png
23t0236.png
kbwyg5.png

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MurtenTK said:
KingdomBlade said:
MurtenTK said:
cia11 said:
Would you upload story, even in japanse?
I don't think that is possible because it's illegal to put parts of a rom on the internet.

To Noitura: I hope you can find a translator, who wants to translate the story. Maybe you could ask Takanto, who told he would like help translating a game

Dumping the ROM script isn't illegal. Tons of translators do that.
I know that, but on this forum you may not link to a rom site or rom. So why would it be allowed to link to parts of a rom.

Because you can't play part of a ROM. Bullets alone aren't illegal, guns are (unless you have a license, of course). It's 100% legal to dump the script.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Every part of the rom is copyrighted material. Distributing any part should technically be illegal. The thing is it isn't worth their time or cash to prosecute, and the charges would seem pretty laughable in court. They only seem to pay attention if you are trying to build up a bunch of publicity, and even then it's usually just a 'Cease and Desist' letter that gets sent.

They should be looking at fan translation projects as free publicity in places they'd never advertise. Some people actually do buy the retail game carts when they download one they like, so I'm sure fan translations have indirectly sold a few games for them.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Great! A translation for this awesome game is what we need, good luck with the translation!
yay.gif

Noitora

OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
injected11 said:
Every part of the rom is copyrighted material. Distributing any part should technically be illegal. The thing is it isn't worth their time or cash to prosecute, and the charges would seem pretty laughable in court. They only seem to pay attention if you are trying to build up a bunch of publicity, and even then it's usually just a 'Cease and Desist' letter that gets sent.

They should be looking at fan translation projects as free publicity in places they'd never advertise. Some people actually do buy the retail game carts when they download one they like, so I'm sure fan translations have indirectly sold a few games for them.
The only company I know who stopped a romhack was Square enix, and I don't think they'd take it as far as the court...Bamco will send me a C&D letter at the worst case scenario
unsure.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How come we've had hundreds upon hundreds of translations and this is the only one that includes legal bitching?

Anyway, keep up the good work and let's leave the legal crap to our incompetent lawyers.

Kawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wow thanks.
I will use the complete patch.
Asking even the story is too much but all the menu is already great.
Phantasy Star 0, for the official tranlation a year.
A famous game with great gameplay, content and good reviews.
Element Hunters, from a anime know only in Japan and with medium chance of a USA or Europe release.
And the game is very similar to PS0.....only not so good.
The chance of the game in USA or EUR is low.

M

multiboy2k

You're doing a great job guys keep up the good work!

I agree. There have been literally hundreds of translations done even from the NES era, and no lawyers are involved. Let's continue to encourage
our translation team. They work VERY hard. And, are not getting paid a dime to do so. This translation has actually got me started to watching the anime so I can catch up with the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay