Status
Not open for further replies.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i preffer earth and nega earth so that everyone knows what is meant, i think there are not that much korean speaking Element Hunter fans.

I watch the Anime in Jap and i would get extremly confused by "jigu" cuz they never use such a term

Noitora

::
OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Youkai said:
i preffer earth and nega earth so that everyone knows what is meant, i think there are not that much korean speaking Element Hunter fans.
My thoughts exactly.

Edit:
I just finished editing the translated opening. Here is what it currently looks like. (View at youtube for a better quality)
criticism welcome.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway, it's nice to see this project alive and well. I played a little bit of the game and wasn't too fond, but it's definitely worth translating. It's always nice to have good translators around. Good luck, bro.

TempusC

Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
As I understand it, this is the first text in the game, so it should give new players an idea of what’s going on, and hardcore fans a good idea of the timeframe.

All things are formed from chemical elements. — Okay, I dig it.

2029 A.D. —This one doesn’t need a comment, but I did anyway.

One element has caused the disappearance of many others. —Earlier, you established that the elements are ‘chemical elements’. Here, they don’t seem like elements. Wikipedia states that there are elemental ‘monsters’ which cause the elements disappearing. Are these them?

The elements’ destruction has begun — There must be a better name for ‘elements’ destruction’ It’s so misleading, and strange sounding. Aren’t they just stolen, and the whole point of the game/series is to retrieve them? Thus Element ‘Hunters’?

60 years later, all elements have ceased to exist —Impossible, the world would disappear. ‘Most’ is more appropriate here. Don’t go spreading bad info in a show/game that was supposed to teach kids science!

The Earth’s population is now 1/10th of what it was. —Do young kids understand fractions? 10% might be more appropriate. Someone with a little brother/sister or cousin please check if they understand fractions or percentages better.

The humans, striving to live, are doing their best so that hope can live on —Striving may be too fancy a word for the audience. How about struggling?

Since the elements’ disappearance, colonies have been made far from the Earth by scientists who continue to search for the missing elements —Aha! Now the elements are missing as they should be. Please change the destruction and so on above so that it’s consistent. 'Since the elements disappeared’ is probably a better phrasing.

And surprisingly they have found them... —No issue here.

Betting on the peoples’ future of inhabiting the Earth once again the Element Hunters were brought into existence. —Missing a comma after ‘again’. I also personally avoid ever having to using the plural possessive of ‘people’, for the reason that it reads funny. Actually the first half of this sentence (before the suggested comma), reads a little strange. How about “Betting on the hope to make a liveable Earth once again,”? You can exchange liveable with inhabitable if you aren’t worried about the dialogue sophistication as much as I am.

Saving the Earth and collecting the elements that were long lost is now up to you. —Suitably melodramatic
happy.gif
. I like it.

Find them and fight for them... — No issues

Our hope lies in you. —Er… Our hope lies with you. Unless the surgery went wrong.

Our future is in your hands now... — Wrong SVO. “Our future is now in your hands…”

Hope that was helpful.

Noitora

OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
TempusC said:
As I understand it, this is the first text in the game, so it should give new players an idea of what’s going on, and hardcore fans a good idea of the timeframe.

All things are formed from chemical elements. — Okay, I dig it.

2029 A.D. —This one doesn’t need a comment, but I did anyway.

Hope that was helpful.
That was really helpful, thank you.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
For the difference between chemical elements and monster elements :

On Nega Earth, animals and plants have the capacity to absorb these chemical elements from earth. When they absorb 5 element, they mutate to monsters. So "element monsters" are monsters who absorbed 5 elements

Big Kong Boss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ritsuki said:
For the difference between chemical elements and monster elements :

On Nega Earth, animals and plants have the capacity to absorb these chemical elements from earth. When they absorb 5 element, they mutate to monsters. So "element monsters" are monsters who absorbed 5 elements
oh okay,thanks :3

TempusC

Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, I apologize.

I assumed sarcasm since you said my post was helpful while quoting the two most useless and unhelpful lines. The irony tipped off my sarcasm detector. Again, sorry for the misunderstanding.

corr0126

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this patch really going to be finished or is this just going to die like Noitoras other projects I'm still waiting patiently for Coropata,Hajime no Ippo The Fighting! DS,Hikari no 4 Senshi: Final Fantasy Gaiden,Inazuma Eleven,Kumatanchi,Mobile Suit Gundam 00,Super Robot Wars W and this game so good luck waiting patiently corr0126

Noitora

OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
corr0126 said:
is this patch really going to be finished or is this just going to die like Noitoras other projects I'm still waiting patiently for Coropata,Hajime no Ippo The Fighting! DS,Hikari no 4 Senshi: Final Fantasy Gaiden,Inazuma Eleven,Kumatanchi,Mobile Suit Gundam 00,Super Robot Wars W and this game so good luck waiting patiently corr0126
Coropata is not my translation project, I just wrote the hacking tools. Hajime no Ippo is pretty much finished, editing the animated graphics is really hard to do and to be honest I can't really pull it off but the game is 100% playable. Hikari no 4 senshi is probably gonna be localized anyways and translating some stuff isn't feasible due to the game hanging out as there's no memory left to display some bigger text blocks.
I also don't remember starting any Mobile suit gundam 00 translation project, I just released a menu translation patch on my 17th birthday or whatever.
Super robot wars W was just a menu translation. It was stated by the time I started the translation project that I'm unable to reverse engineer the compression scheme used on the script.
A localization of Inazuma Eleven was also announced.
Kumatanchi?...wtf? I never started a translation project of Kumatanchi :/

I'm willing to finish each and every translation project of mine though, provided it's within my abilities and as long as there are translators to help me out.

corr0126

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noitora said:
corr0126 said:
Coropata is not my translation project, I just wrote the hacking tools. Hajime no Ippo is pretty much finished, editing the animated graphics is really hard to do and to be honest I can't really pull it off but the game is 100% playable. Hikari no 4 senshi is probably gonna be localized anyways and translating some stuff isn't feasible due to the game hanging out as there's no memory left to display some bigger text blocks.
I also don't remember starting any Mobile suit gundam 00 translation project, I just released a menu translation patch on my 17th birthday or whatever.
Super robot wars W was just a menu translation. It was stated by the time I started the translation project that I'm unable to reverse engineer the compression scheme used on the script.
A localization of Inazuma Eleven was also announced.
Kumatanchi?...wtf? I never started a translation project of Kumatanchi :/

I'm willing to finish each and every translation project of mine though, provided it's within my abilities and as long as there are translators to help me out.
its all good just wonder why most of your projects never get finish no big deal an artist always takes their time

blackjackel2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason it isn't working on any of the Korean versions (it says KOR -> ENG) I download :\ used 3 sites already it keeps saying "use the original ROM" I am, it's all in Korean, all I do is download and extract the ROM :\...

blackjackel2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chaotik said:
Have you tried the JP version? I'm pretty sure I used the JP ver. for this one :x
I did...and the Japanese version says it patched...but I'm like...already 2 hours into the game (sorta far) and everything is still in Japanese >.>...taking out the character name selection...thats it :\

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
blackjackel2 said:
I did...and the Japanese version says it patched...but I'm like...already 2 hours into the game (sorta far) and everything is still in Japanese >.>...taking out the character name selection...thats it :\

The current patch is only for the japanese version.

Well, Not everything is on japanese, There's plenty of things translated excepting script
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, so smart it doesnt even exist