1. sks316

sks316 Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness remaster activist

United States
    Finally, for $100 I can play my Switch games on the go! Such a technological advancement!

2. LightBeam

LightBeam GBAtemp Fan

France
    Yeah, and licence violation = theft, simple as that. Copying something that you do not own doesn't mean it's not stealing because "oh yeah but the guy I took it from still got it, so I'm not stealing", doesn't work like that. The example about those AOL CDs is also misleading, it's not because it's free that you do own the right to do anything you want with it.
    When you use an open source software, you do agree to use it within the terms of it's licence.
    GNU is a copyleft licence, so if you take code from a copyleft licence software, you'll need to release the source code that you took from a GNU licence even if you modified it (tho I believe you still can keep the code you totally made yourselves or took from somewhere else if I'm not mistaken)
    The example with the AOL CDs is misleading because you obviously didn't had the right to sell those or publish them under your name and make people think it's yours. That is theft.

So if they are in fact, using some Yuzu code. which is published under a GNU licence. they do need to publish the code they modified to make it run on Android (I guess they can keep their proprietary code) and give credit to the original authors, until then, it's theft.
    It wouldn't be a problem if it was under a BSD licence. but it's not. but we are on the Internet and I believe GameSir is a chinese company so no wonder they don't give a flying fuck about stealing intellectual property.

Last edited by LightBeam, Sep 2, 2020
    Scott_pilgrim and Ev1lbl0w like this.
  3. almmiron

almmiron GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Why not?

4. Obveron

Obveron GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I'd like to see switch games run natively on Nvidia Shield. Its the same chipset, so the potential would be full speed and perfect compatibility.

5. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The SoC is practically the only thing they have in common + the Shield TV has 1gb of ram less than the Switch, so even if you did somehow get HOS running, you'd be limited to the few titles that don't use ~2gb or less.

Stealphie likes this.
  6. munnimann

munnimann Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Well, no, it's not as simple as that and there are many who seek to reform copyright law of digital content exactly because copying (i.e. pirating) digital content is not the same as theft and therefore shouldn't be treated as such. The important distinction is that theft leaves the one being stolen from without the property that was stolen. Piracy leaves the property in tact. The damage that both cause are of different nature and different scale.
    Let's take for example, the Merriam-Webster definition of theft:
    English Law has the following (and some other things) to say:
    Now, other law texts and other dictionaries may have different definitions, but you can see that the idea that the act of theft requires the property to be removed from the owner's possession is not completely obscure.

RedBlueGreen likes this.
  7. moto4mods

moto4mods Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Phones run ARM 3DS does not. ARM11/7/9 WHATEVER those are, differ greatly from ARM for android nvidia switch etc. Hence android apps won't ever run on a 3ds. Its powerful enough to run the calculator app for android, but you'd port code to do so, as its not ARM the way we all know and love ARM.

8. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Go back and read that post again. Nobody said the 3DS runs ARM.

9. moto4mods

moto4mods Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Read my post again. I wasn't accusing you, in was explaining why switch (with same architecture of CPU) MAY perform better in android, than 3ds, even though the switch has higher clocks and more power to emulate, its closer to native than EMU, when comparing switch for droid, to 3ds (or even DS) for droid.

Edit: debunking the shocking effect with real world knowledge basically. Don't be shocked be educated.

10. DSwizzy

DSwizzy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You know Nintendo Japan is blowing a fuse over this right now as we're speaking lol we'll wait to see what happens once they find out, I already know certain YouTubers under them are gonna snitch

11. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States
    So, not only do they want you to register to use this emulator, but they also want you to buy their controller to use the emulator.

Not shady at all, especially considering the country of origin! /s

Stealphie likes this.
  12. DSwizzy

DSwizzy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It's exactly why they're lazy and gets angry when someone does the job for them when they could be doing it themselves

moto4mods likes this.
  13. ZachyCatGames

United States
    3ds is ARMv6, most modern devices are ARMv8.
    I dunno if I'd say they greatly differ, their general designs seem to be fairly similar.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

The Yuzu devs aren't lazy, they have higher priorities.

mattyxarope likes this.
  14. DSwizzy

DSwizzy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I was referring to the PCSX2 team

15. ZachyCatGames

United States
    Ah, ok.

16. zniel0

zniel0 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I dont agree with emulation being used for current gen systems,this is the reason why so many systems implement online DRM. If this was last gen its okay, but current hardware being emulated is just off putting.

sks316 and DSwizzy like this.
  17. cashboxz01

cashboxz01 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Emulation for current generations systems is awesome. I remember during GBC/GBA era, I played the pokemon games from Japan with patches in English...on my PC. Friends thought it was nuts.

18. enigma85

enigma85 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Someone needs to make it work with any controller. My Rog Phone 2 with my Kunai controllers (Switch controllers) want to try out some switch games. lol

19. phreaksho

phreaksho GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Can't wait to run this on my switch using Android switch root to play games I could normally play at full speed even slower... yup..B-)

TheCasualties and Stealphie like this.
  20. Azerus_Kun

Azerus_Kun Pro Plasher

Uruguay
    probably the same people that pirated ppsspp gold

Jayro likes this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, emulator, working