1. Super.Nova

Super.Nova GBAtemp Fan

Saudi Arabia
    No love for us poor Exynos users?

2. medoli900

medoli900 Open the Benzenes;Gate

Antarctica
    You can't steal code, period. Stealing is the act of taking something from someone without their permission, which make it so that other person does not have the thing you stolen anymore. The only feasible way to "steal" code I see is by stealing a drive containing the source code, and that other person doesn't have backup of said source code.
    You can however infringe upon copyright or license, which is the case here, on source code. Stealing and copyright/license infringement are two very distinct things, stop mixing them up.

RedBlueGreen likes this.
  3. LightBeam

LightBeam GBAtemp Fan

France
    For the love of god just please stop with this "you can't steal code" bullshit, we are running circles. If you can't answer to what's already been said about that instead of just repeating the same thing then you just need to stop

4. brapfarmer

brapfarmer Newbie
    Newcomer

Albania
  5. Prans

OP Prans Geek, gamer, human
    Senior Editor

yeah I also noted in the article how the Egg NS app icon shares similarities with the GameSir's Happy Chick app icon. Not too subtle...

6. HarvHouHacker

HarvHouHacker GBAtemp's "Official" Wii Rock Band Hacker

United States
    Lawsuit pending!!! Nintendo may be taking action on this... or not. Depends on how lax they really are with the Switch.

7. rehevkor

rehevkor GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Is it my imagination or is Prime ETA a bit of a shill?

cashboxz01 likes this.
  8. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    Read the message from Reddit. According to this:

and further:

Interesting.

tusk99 and ganons like this.
  9. MRJPGames

MRJPGames Pretty great guy

Netherlands
  10. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    pirates suing pirates what the fuck has the world come to?!

11. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    I doubt! There re many emulators already on Androids and none are sued them.

12. brapfarmer

brapfarmer Newbie
    Newcomer

Albania
    > Happy Chick Emulator is a platform that offers various types of games for players to choose from: trendy games like PUBG and Arena of Valor, retro games like Pokemon, Super Mario Bros and Final Fantasy.

Shocking I tell you. Sucks, but still pretty cool that they were able to get yuzu on android lmao.

13. hhrocha

hhrocha Member
    Newcomer

Portugal
  14. BeniBel

BeniBel Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Belgium
    The only way I would pay 100 dollar to play Switch on the android, is if it was on Android 18. Else, I'll just fork out an extra 100 and get a Switch Light

15. munnimann

munnimann Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    In the end, the problem is an ideological one, more so than it is about semantics. There are those who would like the laws protecting intellectual and/or digital property (but also patent law, for example) to be reformed/more lax (see for example the Adelphi Charter from 2004). That idea got a lot of support when in 2018 people were proclaiming the death of memes due to the EU Copyright Law Reform. Some might even suggest, that the copying (or pirating) of digital media should be exempt from punishment. The argument that comes up when the accusation of theft is made is then that it's not theft because the property is still within the owner's possession. The disagreement is less about whether theft is the correct word and more about if it is condemnable at all and, if so, if it is as condemnable as "regular" theft.

I'm not making an argument about whether it's appropriate to call this specific case theft or not (nor was I in my other comment). I'm just pointing out that it's not so cut-and-dry as some here make it out to be.

medoli900 and LightBeam like this.
  16. Crunchykevlar

Crunchykevlar Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    This emulator also does something with phone numbers, if you look into the folders inside the app

17. mattyxarope

mattyxarope GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Such a weird video by him. Shows 0 gameplay. I guess he's trying to avoid a DMCA claim.

18. rdurbin

rdurbin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    well if you use code from an open source project to use it in another project that is a closed source, I am pretty sure its a violation of most open source license agreements. if you use code from an open source, your project must in turn be open source. read below....

now im not sure if this applies to this project or not but if it does. I would consider it stealing.

19. mattyxarope

mattyxarope GBAtemp Regular

United States
    EggNS developers:

20200905_153109.png

straumli likes this.
  20. cashboxz01

cashboxz01 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    About 80% of his videos are 10 minute 12 seconds of random retro gameplay on some new daily garbage hardware he finds which can run retroarch. The retro gamer YouTube formula:
    1. Find a random piece of hardware which can run retroarch or a crappy retro gaming box/handheld on AliExpress/amazon.
    2. Show the install process
    3. Fill the remaining up with random gameplay and every other minute, talk for 5-10 seconds on how you feel playing on it.
    4. Recommend or don't recommend.
    5. If the hardware or controller is on Amazon, place an affiliate link.
    6. Profit from ad revenue and affiliate commission.

ganons and rehevkor like this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, emulator, working