Not open for further replies.

Type_O_Dev

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Opps my bad. I wasn't specific. I meant Xenoblade when I asked about the 9999 HP and 999 stats. But thank you for the reply.
Sadly, It doesn't permanently change the stats in Xenoblade. I'm probably selecting the wrong digits for it to happen or it's just still not possible still.

Here's how it looks.
Rex's stat in my save is the following:
HP 7194
STR 468
Ether 672
DEX 330
Agility 258
Luck 386

Now here is what the stats look like in editor:
HP 6994
STR 368
Ether 20316548
DEX 310
Agility 215
Luck 366

Is it even possible at all to permanently change the stats for this game?
Well yes the save editors I have created do. the issue here seems to be their are equations used for in game value to bin (hex) we will need to add support for this. offsets are correct
You could use this is the mean time. this runs on pc

Attachments

• XC2.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 229

Tere Valentin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well yes the save editors I have created do. the issue here seems to be their are equations used for in game value to bin (hex) we will need to add support for this. offsets are correct
You could use this is the mean time. this runs on pc
Strange. The PC save editor's change doesn't take effect until AFTER I start a brand new New Game+ playthru. Is that normal?
Edit: Nvm Just as I began Chapter 2, my stats are once again back to how they were before I began this new NG+ x.x I guess the changes aren't permanent?

Last edited by Tere Valentin,
Reactions: Type_O_Dev

Type_O_Dev

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange. The PC save editor's change doesn't take effect until AFTER I start a brand new New Game+ playthru. Is that normal?
Edit: Nvm Just as I began Chapter 2, my stats are once again back to how they were before I began this new NG+ x.x I guess the changes aren't permanent?
change them after starting new game+

Blackalbel2020

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For BOTW it's selecting save slot 3 and it's a auto save file. Any way to have it select save slot 4 witch is my main save file?

Edit: I think I got it, updated .json file and changed savefilepath from 3 to 4 and it worked

Last edited by Blackalbel2020,

Type_O_Dev

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For BOTW it's selecting save slot 3 and it's a auto save file. Any way to have it select save slot 4 witch is my main save file?
open the 01007EF00011E000.json and edit
Code:
{
    "saveFilePaths" : [ "/3/" ],
    "files" : "game_data\\.sav",
    "filetype": "bin",
    "items": [
     {
Change the /3/ to
Code:
{
    "saveFilePaths" : [ "/4/" ],
    "files" : "game_data\\.sav",
    "filetype": "bin",
    "items": [
     {

Tere Valentin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
change them after starting new game+
I just did. Sadly, No stat change at all.
Started NG+ with my normal save, Saved the game the moment Rex was in Argentum, Edited the save using the PC save editor, reloaded the save, but no changes at all.
I even tested a new game playthru save. No NG+. I saved at Argentum, backed up save via checkpoint, edited the save on PC, loaded the save back into SD then back into the game and still no changes to my stats.
During all of my tests, however, everytime I made sure to edit my money and THAT indeed did take effect. But idk why my money takes immediate effect but my HP and stats don't take effect right away. Am I suppose to do something in the game right after loading in order to make the stat changes I've done appear and stay permanent? @_@ This is driving me nuts.

Type_O_Dev

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did. Sadly, No stat change at all.
Started NG+ with my normal save, Saved the game the moment Rex was in Argentum, Edited the save using the PC save editor, reloaded the save, but no changes at all.
I even tested a new game playthru save. No NG+. I saved at Argentum, backed up save via checkpoint, edited the save on PC, loaded the save back into SD then back into the game and still no changes to my stats.
During all of my tests, however, everytime I made sure to edit my money and THAT indeed did take effect. But idk why my money takes immediate effect but my HP and stats don't take effect right away. Am I suppose to do something in the game right after loading in order to make the stat changes I've done appear and stay permanent? @_@ This is driving me nuts.
Its something your doing wrong tbh. Many users have used the editors and haven't experienced the issues your describing

Tere Valentin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its something your doing wrong tbh. Many users have used the editors and haven't experienced the issues your describing
Indeed I get that feeling too. But I have been following all the usual steps I do with others games and their edits worked fine.
As to the HP and stats of each characters in XC2, I kept putting 9999 for HP and 999 for all stats. Is that correct or is each character suppose to have their own set of numbers? And how do I find out which ones give each character the stats I desire for them?

hrtbrkd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed thomasnet says EdiZon doesn't work with SX OS. Weird I have been using EdiZon with SX OS since 1.2 or 1.3 and have never had any corruption issues. Does he mean he just doesn't support SX OS questions? Cause I can confirm EdiZon works perfectly with SX OS. IMO EdiZon is the best premiere game save back up and save edit homebrew using .lua and .json scripts. Keep up the good work man. I solely only use your program.

WerWolv

EdiZon and Tesla Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I noticed thomasnet says EdiZon doesn't work with SX OS. Weird I have been using EdiZon with SX OS since 1.2 or 1.3 and have never had any corruption issues. Does he mean he just doesn't support SX OS questions? Cause I can confirm EdiZon works perfectly with SX OS. IMO EdiZon is the best premiere game save back up and save edit homebrew using .lua and .json scripts. Keep up the good work man. I solely only use your program.

It means we're not supporting it because it's unpredictable. It works perfectly fine for some and corrupts everything for others. It just seams foolish to us to risk it. Furthermore we can't do anything about it, only TX can fix their issues.

Indeed I get that feeling too. But I have been following all the usual steps I do with others games and their edits worked fine.
As to the HP and stats of each characters in XC2, I kept putting 9999 for HP and 999 for all stats. Is that correct or is each character suppose to have their own set of numbers? And how do I find out which ones give each character the stats I desire for them?

It feels like you're not saving the game properly so it somehow overwrites the changes from the auto save with the original values from the main save file. Not sure about that though, since I don't have the game. I can definitely confirm that I used the editor on like every game I have and never had issues like that. If you can write down every step you take when changing the values, what CFW you use and so on, I'll can try to help you

Reactions: hrtbrkd

hrtbrkd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It means we're not supporting it because it's unpredictable. It works perfectly fine for some and corrupts everything for others. It just seams foolish to us to risk it. Furthermore we can't do anything about it, only TX can fix their issues.

It feels like you're not saving the game properly so it somehow overwrites the changes from the auto save with the original values from the main save file. Not sure about that though, since I don't have the game. I can definitely confirm that I used the editor on like every game I have and never had issues like that. If you can write down every step you take when changing the values, what CFW you use and so on, I'll can try to help you

Totally understand. If i can help out in anyway in the future. Just in case it's user error i'll be happy to lend any testing if you guys need it. Keep up the good work.

Reactions: WerWolv

Tere Valentin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try this editor you it should work for you
I just did... same problem as before... I change character HP to 9999 and stats like STR and DEX to 999 and they remain unchanged. The ONLY thing that changes for me is the Money. That always changes to however I set it to. I had 3000 money and now I have 999,999,999 money.

I have done the exact same steps I've always done with other game saves.
My CFW can't be the issue if 98% of my games, saves and such work perfectly and have been since day one of Xecuter pro's release.
I backup my saves using Checkingpoint and via those folders, I edit those savefiles with save editors on the PC.
Here's what I have been doing with my savefile of XC2:
--I backup my savefile via checkpoint
--Put sd card into PC
--Open any XC2 save editor and load my XC2 savefile
--I edit the following: Max money (I had 3000), give 9999 HP to all 5 main party members, give 999 of STR ETHER DEX AGILITY and LUCK to all 5 main party members.
--I save the changes to the savefile in my SD card
--I put SD card back into my console
--I boot up CFW, then load checkpoint via Homebrew, then restore my save back into my console.
--I boot the XC2 game up, Load my save.
Everytime I do these steps, the ONLY thing that changes is my money. Instead of having 3000, I now have 999,999,999. So I honestly don't know what I am doing wrong.

Sidenote: And that's all with using my save with the story already beaten. If I start NG+ then yes the stats change, BUT as soon as Chapter 2 begins, My stats reverse back to how they were before I even used the save editor.

Last edited by Tere Valentin,

Supreme23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A new version of EdiZon has been released!
This release brings Lua scripting support, separating of save file editing into external Lua modules, categories and much much more.

Full changelog
  • Added support for config file parsers written in Lua. Many many thanks to @SmallJoker for spending hours to help me debug this :P
  • Made the config files much more generic for the use with Lua scripts
  • Added categories to the editor
  • Lots of UI tweeks
    • Title bars in the editor now have a color that matches their icon. Thanks to @mrasam for some help there
    • Added a scrolling animation to list selectors
    • Added message boxes before you apply or discard changes made in the editor
    • Lots of little UI changes so EdiZon looks more like the real Switch UI
  • You can now switch though your games and accounts in the editor by clicking on the icons or pressing ZL or ZR.
  • Updated Super Mario Odyssey Editor Config file to support the new version
  • Added a Editor Config file for Hollow Knight
  • Added a Editor Script file for binary save files
  • Added a Editor Script file for json save files
  • Updated the Readme and the Wiki to document the new Editor Config and Editor Script files so YOUcan make your own ones now!
All Editor Config and Editor Script files can now be found in this repository for download

Download: https://github.com/thomasnet-mc/EdiZon/releases/latest
GitHub: https://github.com/thomasnet-mc/EdiZon
Editor Config and Editor Script files: https://github.com/WerWolv98/EdiZon_ConfigsAndScripts

Working Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 configs

Can you please add Fallen Legion: Rise To Glory and Shining Resonance Refrain? Been trying to edit my save to have all 99 gemstones, all exemplars, and all deathblows for Fallen Legion and trying to get max money with Shining Resonance Refrain. No luck yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.​

WerWolv

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I just did... same problem as before... I change character HP to 9999 and stats like STR and DEX to 999 and they remain unchanged. The ONLY thing that changes for me is the Money. That always changes to however I set it to. I had 3000 money and now I have 999,999,999 money.

I have done the exact same steps I've always done with other game saves.
My CFW can't be the issue if 98% of my games, saves and such work perfectly and have been since day one of Xecuter pro's release.
I backup my saves using Checkingpoint and via those folders, I edit those savefiles with save editors on the PC.
Here's what I have been doing with my savefile of XC2:
--I backup my savefile via checkpoint
--Put sd card into PC
--Open any XC2 save editor and load my XC2 savefile
--I edit the following: Max money (I had 3000), give 9999 HP to all 5 main party members, give 999 of STR ETHER DEX AGILITY and LUCK to all 5 main party members.
--I save the changes to the savefile in my SD card
--I put SD card back into my console
--I boot up CFW, then load checkpoint via Homebrew, then restore my save back into my console.
--I boot the XC2 game up, Load my save.
Everytime I do these steps, the ONLY thing that changes is my money. Instead of having 3000, I now have 999,999,999. So I honestly don't know what I am doing wrong.

Sidenote: And that's all with using my save with the story already beaten. If I start NG+ then yes the stats change, BUT as soon as Chapter 2 begins, My stats reverse back to how they were before I even used the save editor.

I don't see any error there except that you're using SX OS. Can you try with Hekate and see if that works? And maybe try to edit another game and see if the same issue exists there.

Can you please add Fallen Legion: Rise To Glory and Shining Resonance Refrain? Been trying to edit my save to have all 99 gemstones, all exemplars, and all deathblows for Fallen Legion and trying to get max money with Shining Resonance Refrain. No luck yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.​

I don't have these two games but you can surely create a config yourself :)

Reactions: Supreme23

Supreme23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see any error there except that you're using SX OS. Can you try with Hekate and see if that works? And maybe try to edit another game and see if the same issue exists there.

I don't have these two games but you can surely create a config yourself :)

Don't know how​

Tere Valentin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the thing. I have used different save editors for different games, including EdiZon and they all worked fine. My only problem has always been with XC2 game. I just don't understand why every since xenoblade chronicles 2 editors can edit and change my money, how many items i own and how many crystal cores I currently own; but never my Max HP or Max stats. That's all I want.: Permanent Max HP and Max stats.
Also isn't Hekate required to even access the Homebrew? Because In my steps, I did mention I had to go into checkpoint via homebrew menu.

hrtbrkd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the thing. I have used different save editors for different games, including EdiZon and they all worked fine. My only problem has always been with XC2 game. I just don't understand why every since xenoblade chronicles 2 editors can edit and change my money, how many items i own and how many crystal cores I currently own; but never my Max HP or Max stats. That's all I want.: Permanent Max HP and Max stats.
Also isn't Hekate required to even access the Homebrew? Because In my steps, I did mention I had to go into checkpoint via homebrew menu.

i have sx os, xenoblade chronicles 2, and use EdiZon. i'll try and modifying my save and see if i can duplicate your issues. what stats and stuff do you want me to modify using my EdiZon?

Tere Valentin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have sx os, xenoblade chronicles 2, and use EdiZon. i'll try and modifying my save and see if i can duplicate your issues. what stats and stuff do you want me to modify using my EdiZon?
I edited the following:
--I gave myself max money (999,999,999)
--I gave all 5 main characters 9999 in max HP (I typed in 9999 in the box)
--I gave all 5 main characters 999 on all their stats (I typed in 999 in the boxes for strength, dexterity, ether, agility and luck)
After I loaded my save (story already beaten), the max money had already taken effect. But not the HP and stats. In NG+, the hp, stats and money took effect BUT after I start chapter 2, my HP and stats reverse to their normal lvl99 numbers.
I also tested with a brand new playthru with no NG+ and the problem still remained the same. Max money but no max hp and no max stats.

WerWolv

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

It feels like this is an issue with the game itself. EdiZon is basically nothing more than a hex editor with a fancy UI. I can't imagine what causes that other than Xenoblade being weird and somehow integrity checking the save file

You can enter the homebrew menu in SX OS but it's unreadable. If you haven't done that, you should be fine. Just don't run EdiZon on SX OS ^^

Reactions: Type_O_Dev

Tere Valentin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It feels like this is an issue with the game itself. EdiZon is basically nothing more than a hex editor with a fancy UI. I can't imagine what causes that other than Xenoblade being weird and somehow integrity checking the save file

You can enter the homebrew menu in SX OS but it's unreadable. If you haven't done that, you should be fine. Just don't run EdiZon on SX OS ^^
Well, I've always opened Homebrew Menu via pressing & holding R on joycon then select the Album in main switch menu. And this is after I used the SX doogle to boot up the switch. That's how I been using EdiZon and it worked fine for mario odyssey, botw and the other games. My only problem has always been the XC2 game. I could edit my money and # of items i own, but my changes to HP and stats never went thru.
Haven't yet accessed Homebrew menu inside the SX OS menu because I'm already use to the old method using the Album.
Currently, I'm downloading Xenoblade again. Would be weird as heck if the game was indeed the cause of my problem because I have beat the story 3 times plus all dlcs with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, wire is definitely more practical IMO. Hell these days you can charge a laptop over...