RELEASE EdiZon - A save file editor, cheat manager, cheat engine and save manager for Horizon

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by WerWolv, Mar 8, 2019.

1. WerWolv
    OP

WerWolv EdiZon Developer

Mar 30, 2018
    Switzerland
    EdiZon - A save file editor, cheat manager, cheat engine and save manager for Horizon

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

EdiZon is e extensible save file editor, save manager, cheat engine and cheat manager for the Nintendo Switch.

[​IMG]
    More Screenshots

How to install
    1. Download the latest release from the GitHub release page.​
    2. Unpack the downloaded zip file, put the files on your Nintendo Switch's SD card and let the folders merge.​
    3. If you're using Hekate, make sure to add debugmode=1 to your current profile. Without that flag set RAM editing won't work.​
    4. For the best experience, open the /atmosphere/system_settings.ini file and change dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x1 to dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x0.​
    5. Use a free open source CFW like Atmosphère to launch the hbmenu and start EdiZon from there.​
      • If you want to use the cheat manager you absolutely have to use Atmosphère as only their cheats are supported.​

Submit your own Configs & Scripts!
    If you made your own config or script file for EdiZon, please make a PR to to the EdiZon Cheats, Configs and Scripts repository or send them to WerWolv#1337 on Discord.

Download

Latest changelog

• Cheat engine like RAM editor!​
    • Freezing of variables in RAM using dmnt:cht. Only works with Atmosphère, not with other CFWs!​
    • Cheat management tool for Atmosphère's dmnt:cht. Only works with Atmosphère, not with other CFWs!​
    • Reimplemented the auto updater. This is a breaking change! You need to update to this release manually.​
      • Now updates configs, scripts AND cheats!​
    • Added progress bars to many long lasting operations​
    • Fixed and greatly improved the uploading of save files. You now get a code you can enter on http://edizon.werwolv.net . Thanks A LOT to @Ac_K for all his help!​
    • Lots of UI and touch bug fixes​
    • Fixed building being impossible except you were me​

[​IMG]

All Editor Config and Editor Script files can now be found in this repository for download.

Donations
    Since it was requested by some users, you can now donate here if you'd like to. Thanks a lot for that! :)

Last edited by WerWolv, Mar 8, 2019
    Sourenics, MUDD_BR, eyeliner and 20 others like this.
  2. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    oooh... I didn't know Octopath Travellers was available...maybe I can try playing the game again then!

NoNAND and WerWolv like this.
  3. iriez

iriez GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2016
    United States
    Finally a good open source trainer! Thanks OP!!!!

linuxares likes this.
  4. Idontknowwhattoputhere

Idontknowwhattoputhere See i would put something here if i knew what to

Jan 19, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I can never run this my switch always crashes
    I'm on ams 0.8.4

5. Essasetic

Essasetic Your local TX Fanboy

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Update to 0.8.5

6. Stevo_l33

Stevo_l33 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    Anyyone seen cheats or have cheats for Doom and Destiny? I will pay money for golz!

7. GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.

Aug 1, 2008
    United States
    Antelope, CA
    That got ported to Switch? Wow.

8. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    Where do you get the code? How do I upload my saves?

9. WerWolv
    OP

WerWolv EdiZon Developer

Mar 30, 2018
    Switzerland
    Edizon will ask if you want to upload a save after extraction :)
    Or you press on restore and then the minus button on the save file you'd like to upload.

10. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    Dabbled with the new cheats menu earlier and it works great!
    I hadn't tried Edizon previously and wanted to say I'm already in love with it.

Out of curiosity, are there any plans for additional RAM searching options?
    I.E. Searching for unknown values, not equal to previous value, greater/less then previous value, etc?

Or will RAM editing stick to searching for exact values?

Last edited by 8BitWonder, Mar 9, 2019
    WerWolv likes this.
  11. WerWolv
    OP

WerWolv EdiZon Developer

Mar 30, 2018
    Switzerland
    It
    There are plans for a full blown cheat creator. I talked to somebody on my Discord about that yesterday and he suggested adding these things as well. One of the next releases will have it :)

Broduskii, Mouser X and 8BitWonder like this.
  12. huma_dawii

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    It doesn't I always get upload failed.

13. WerWolv
    OP

WerWolv EdiZon Developer

Mar 30, 2018
    Switzerland
    It's because transfer.sh is down again... I need to get a better upload server

huma_dawii likes this.
  14. Dragonx41

Dragonx41 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 9, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi is line 4 For the best experience, open the /atmosphere/system_settings.ini file and change dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x1 to dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x0. turns on or off dmt_cheats_enabled_by_default when you set it to 0?

15. WerWolv
    OP

WerWolv EdiZon Developer

Mar 30, 2018
    Switzerland
    A Zero there means that cheats aren't loaded by default and that you have to load up EdiZon after starting the game and choose which ones you want to have activated. Otherwise all are enabled by default which may cause issues

Broduskii, GarnetSunset and Dragonx41 like this.
  16. Dragonx41

Dragonx41 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 9, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Many Thanks

17. huma_dawii

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    Can you direct this to our very personal google drives? somehow? that would be great.

18. PatrickD85

PatrickD85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 4, 2012
    Netherlands
    in front of a screen...
    Nice to see Edizon keeps expanding on it's option set. Nice going guys!

On a sidenote; Perhaps @WerWolv can give some feedback on below which I posted a bit earlier as he has a lot more insight to how saves work etc than I do myself

19. Ryan Warren

Ryan Warren GBAtemp Regular

Dec 1, 2015
    United States
    So are the cheats already built in to edizon or do I have to find them myself?

20. WerWolv
    OP

WerWolv EdiZon Developer

Mar 30, 2018
    Switzerland
    The problem is how to handle it properly as switch homebrew can't connect to encrypted websites without hacks. I'll do my best to find a workaround for that issue.

The only save files I'd imagine having user specific data in them that could be traced back are online games. Splatoon to be exact. Non-online or non-nintendo games don't have any identifiable traces in there usually. At least I haven't seen one so far. Not even in Mario Kart.

They are not bundled into EdiZon directly but you can download them from this repo here: https://github.com/WerWolv/EdiZon_CheatsConfigsAndScripts/tree/master or using the autoupdater in the app by pressing the minus button in the main menu.

Broduskii and huma_dawii like this.