Homebrew RELEASE EdiZon - A save file editor, cheat manager, cheat engine and save manager for Horizon

WerWolv

EdiZon and Tesla Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
EdiZon - A save file editor, cheat manager, cheat engine and save manager for Horizon

icon.jpg

EdiZon is e extensible save file editor, save manager, cheat engine and cheat manager for the Nintendo Switch.

main_menu.jpg
Editor screen
save_editor_1.jpg
save_editor_2.jpg

Editor screen

ram_editor.jpg

How to install
  1. Download the latest release from the GitHub release page.​
  2. Unpack the downloaded zip file, put the files on your Nintendo Switch's SD card and let the folders merge.​
  3. If you're using Hekate, make sure to add debugmode=1 to your current profile. Without that flag set RAM editing won't work.​
  4. For the best experience, open the /atmosphere/system_settings.ini file and change dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x1 to dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x0.​
  5. Use a free open source CFW like Atmosphère to launch the hbmenu and start EdiZon from there.​
    • If you want to use the cheat manager you absolutely have to use Atmosphère as only their cheats are supported.​

Submit your own Configs & Scripts!
If you made your own config or script file for EdiZon, please make a PR to to the EdiZon Cheats, Configs and Scripts repository or send them to WerWolv#1337 on Discord.

Download
Latest changelog
  • Cheat engine like RAM editor!​
  • Freezing of variables in RAM using dmnt:cht. Only works with Atmosphère, not with other CFWs!​
  • Cheat management tool for Atmosphère's dmnt:cht. Only works with Atmosphère, not with other CFWs!​
  • Reimplemented the auto updater. This is a breaking change! You need to update to this release manually.​
    • Now updates configs, scripts AND cheats!​
  • Added progress bars to many long lasting operations​
  • Fixed and greatly improved the uploading of save files. You now get a code you can enter on http://edizon.werwolv.net . Thanks A LOT to @Ac_K for all his help!​
  • Lots of UI and touch bug fixes​
  • Fixed building being impossible except you were me​

embed.png

All Editor Config and Editor Script files can now be found in this repository for download.

Donations
Since it was requested by some users, you can now donate here if you'd like to. Thanks a lot for that! :)

Last edited by WerWolv,

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dabbled with the new cheats menu earlier and it works great!
I hadn't tried Edizon previously and wanted to say I'm already in love with it.

Out of curiosity, are there any plans for additional RAM searching options?
I.E. Searching for unknown values, not equal to previous value, greater/less then previous value, etc?

Or will RAM editing stick to searching for exact values?

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

WerWolv

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
It
Dabbled with the new cheats menu earlier and it works great!
I hadn't tried Edizon previously and wanted to say I'm already in love with it.

Out of curiosity, are there any plans for additional RAM searching options?
I.E. Searching for unknown values, not equal to previous value, greater/less then previous value, etc?

Or will RAM editing stick to searching for exact values?

There are plans for a full blown cheat creator. I talked to somebody on my Discord about that yesterday and he suggested adding these things as well. One of the next releases will have it :)

D

Deleted User

Hi is line 4 For the best experience, open the /atmosphere/system_settings.ini file and change dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x1 to dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x0. turns on or off dmt_cheats_enabled_by_default when you set it to 0?

WerWolv

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi is line 4 For the best experience, open the /atmosphere/system_settings.ini file and change dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x1 to dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x0. turns on or off dmt_cheats_enabled_by_default when you set it to 0?

A Zero there means that cheats aren't loaded by default and that you have to load up EdiZon after starting the game and choose which ones you want to have activated. Otherwise all are enabled by default which may cause issues

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nice to see Edizon keeps expanding on it's option set. Nice going guys!

On a sidenote; Perhaps @WerWolv can give some feedback on below which I posted a bit earlier as he has a lot more insight to how saves work etc than I do myself

Well ... let's post here what I noted a while back to a lot of people on other platforms;

Ok dropping this here as I myself was not aware of this; Recently I got in contact with the guy behind SXDUMPER, as he asked im not gonna reveal his identity and so on, so dont ask.

But during our talks he noted something interesting about savegames and transferring them which I think would be good to know.

He mentioned that transferring saves can be a tricky thing... sure Checkpoint can make them and all but some saves have user specific data even stored in the save content which is a bit of an issue ... Nintendo does not really regulate that at all ... and devs are free to do as they please with saves when it comes to using user specific data.

Saves that have user specific data in them which do not equal to the actual user running them can be spotted he noted. I've seen both actually happen (games with and without specific user id details).

But this could be something to consider when it comes to sharing and perhaps even more importing save games. Perhaps some people more educated on Nintendo Switch can enlighten us on this.

Anyway I thought I should let you all in on this.

PS: im not sure how accurate his notion is. But well I have seen saves with both situations. And with the form of telemetry Nintendo is using and their overall stepping it up ... I thought it might be wise to inform people of this at least.

No scare tactics or anything guys ... just some concern which is perhaps best to utter. (Also because save transferring is one of those things I would want in the future from my superbanned to ipatched Switch ... and this would just be a real curveball otherwise)

WerWolv

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Can you direct this to our very personal google drives? somehow? that would be great.

The problem is how to handle it properly as switch homebrew can't connect to encrypted websites without hacks. I'll do my best to find a workaround for that issue.

Nice to see Edizon keeps expanding on it's option set. Nice going guys!

On a sidenote; Perhaps @WerWolv can give some feedback on below which I posted a bit earlier as he has a lot more insight to how saves work etc than I do myself

The only save files I'd imagine having user specific data in them that could be traced back are online games. Splatoon to be exact. Non-online or non-nintendo games don't have any identifiable traces in there usually. At least I haven't seen one so far. Not even in Mario Kart.

So are the cheats already built in to edizon or do I have to find them myself?

They are not bundled into EdiZon directly but you can download them from this repo here: https://github.com/WerWolv/EdiZon_CheatsConfigsAndScripts/tree/master or using the autoupdater in the app by pressing the minus button in the main menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended