RELEASE EdiZon - A save editor and manager for Horizon

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by thomasnet, Jun 3, 2018.

Front-page RELEASE
    [​IMG]

Hey!
    I've been working on a project for a few weeks now with @WerWolv, and it's a save management tool and editor which works right on your Switch.

Screenshots

Instructions

First of all, if you're using SX OS, DON'T USE THIS! IT WILL NOT WORK! Use Hekate/Atmosphére except you want crashes and corrupted save files! We can't and won't fix any SX OS relates issues!

If you're using Hekate, start up EdiZon from the hbmenu. You'll be greeted by a screen that displays every game you have installed on your switch and has a save. Just select one and then select the account which has the save you want to edit.
    You're now inside the editor. In there you can press the (X) Button to create a backup, the (Y) button to restore a backup, and (B) to go back to the game selection screen. Editing only works if an Editor Config file for that specific game and its needed Editor Script files are present on your SD card. The files need to be placed at this path: /EdiZon/editor/<titleid>.json /EdiZon/editor/scripts/<filetype>.lua If there is an Editor Config and an Editor Script file for your current game, you can press the (-) button to select a save file you want to edit. Now you'll have a list of widgets. One for every value specified inside the config file. Once you're done with editing, press the (X) button to save the changes.

If you need any help with the usage of EdiZon or if you want to start developing your own Editor Configs and Editor Scripts, check out our GitHub page, our Wiki and join our Discord server!

Submit your own Configs & Scripts!

If you made your own config or script file for EdiZon, please submit them in this thread to get them approved: https://gbatemp.net/threads/edizon-configs-and-scripts-help-sharing-and-beta-testing.514775/
    You can also go there to test out and report back if the pending config files work to get them approved! Thank you very much for your help either way!

Download and Installation
    Latest changelog
    • Added automatic update feature for configs, scripts and EdiZon. Just press the - button in the title select screen.
    • Added Regex capability to save file paths.
    • Added possibility to get a string representation of a save file in the scripts.
      • This shortens the load time of e.g big json save files from 5 seconds to < 0.5 seconds.
    • Added a hint text to the title select screen
    • Fixed LOTS of issues with the save editor crashing the switch or not displaying items correctly.
    • Stability intensifies!
    • Many small bug fixes and performance improvements.
      • I can't remember all of them anymore.
      • EdiZon's better now. Trust me.
    All Editor Config and Editor Script files can now be found in this repository for download.

We won't provide support for SX OS users, unless their issue exists with hekate/fusee.

Donations

Since it was requested by some users, you can now donate here if you'd like to. Thanks a lot for that! :)

Discussion (363 replies)
  1. Tumoche

Tumoche Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2017
    Spain
    Nice work m8

thomasnet likes this.
  2. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Looks good. I like that you're using all the icons for the GUI.

3. SimonMKWii

SimonMKWii GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 18, 2017
    Australia
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Ah, so that's what the image on 4chan that people thought was a backup loader was...

lordelan, Blue_Mew, fedehda and 5 others like this.
  4. yesimnathan

yesimnathan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 11, 2018
    United States
    This is super cool! I'd love to contribute to this if I get time! =)

5. kingraa777

kingraa777 boom!

Apr 17, 2015
    Any screen shots please ?

6. Proto-Propski

Proto-Propski Legally Weird!

Apr 29, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Boulevard of Broken Meme's
    Here is one I could find from the linked Github... looks kinda nice, hopfully it doesn't take too long to implement those editors into this app
    Github Image

kingraa777 likes this.
  7. kingraa777

kingraa777 boom!

Apr 17, 2015
    Thanks

8. WerWolv

WerWolv GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2018
    Switzerland
    This is actually how far the editor's done already. Only GUI code, no back end so far though

Attached Files:

dgr1592, I pwned U!, albion and 2 others like this.
  9. Proto-Propski

Proto-Propski Legally Weird!

Apr 29, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Boulevard of Broken Meme's
    Very Nice, I'm really liking the progress, and design, I just hope when they're all said, and done that they release a dark mode too, my eye's strain very easily to white light.

10. WerWolv

WerWolv GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2018
    Switzerland
    Actually, it automatically chooses all the colors based on your switch theme. So if you're using the dark theme for the rest of the switch, EdiZon will be dark as well :)

11. Miqote

Miqote GBAtemp Regular

May 2, 2018
    Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    Oooh, this will be very neat when it's done. Looking pretty too!

Supreme23 likes this.
  12. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
  13. SirNapkin1334

SirNapkin1334 Renound Aritst

Aug 20, 2017
    United States
    Crap Mountain
    Looks really good. Well, anything’s better than Checkpoint.

14. thomasnet
    OP

thomasnet GBAtemp Regular

Mar 6, 2016
    France
    Thanks ^^

Please do! We need some help on software keyboard implementing rn, so if you know how to use applets, please send me a PM/message on Discord.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  15. Petraplexity

Petraplexity Fidget-Spinning Spicy Memelord™

Sep 5, 2015
    United States
    Over There
    But... I love Checkpoint. Besides, this is for editing of saves directly, not backing up/restoring only.

16. WerWolv

WerWolv GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2018
    Switzerland
    For now it's doing the same as Checkpoint, so it can only backup and restore save files. Checkpoint's still doing a much better job than EdiZon.
    The save file editor will be added soon which will distinguish it dramatically from Checkpoint.

Supreme23 and thomasnet like this.
  17. thomasnet
    OP

thomasnet GBAtemp Regular

Mar 6, 2016
    France
    I did a "small" mistake, put a false instead of a true in the backup injecting function, making impossible the restoring of the files... Sorry!
    It should be fixed now, get the new release if you tried the old one.

WerWolv likes this.
  18. Repl01d_rocsa

Repl01d_rocsa Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2018
    Spain
    Wow, dat sexi GUI

Keep it up!

Girtana1 likes this.
  19. ssrpgvita

ssrpgvita Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2014
    United States
    Yulee, Florida
    how do i install this will it work with 5.10 or do i need homebrew?