Easy way to handle spritesheets in SDL?

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Recently, I wanted to start adding graphics to my C++ programs. At first I tried Allegro, but it was too hard to set up in Code::Blocks and I dislike Visual Studio for programming, on which is the only other up to date version.

So I searched some more and a lot of people recommended SDL for graphics. The good thing about it is that it is compatable with Dev-C++(the Orwell update, so don't say that it's old:P), which I like the most.
I followed the tutorial here to set things up and I'm almost at the end.

So I started to wonder how to add this spritesheet (TWEWY fan, yeah) to the game since I need some character animations. There are two options-turn the desired frames into a .gif or add it manually into the game.

The latter seems like too much of a hassle, so I've been searching for a handy program to help me turn the sprite sheet into a .gif and found none (with the exeption of this, but it doesn't work, stops at 50% generation).

So, now I search for help. Can you help me find an easy way to turn a sprite sheet into a .gif or you could suggest an easier way to include it into the program.

All help appreciated,
Ilman

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if bumping is allowed, but since no one seems to have posted for a day...
BUMP!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up