Easiest way to Downgrade your New 3DS/3DS down to 9.2!

Hey everyone back with a simple & quick tutorial on how to downgrade your 3DS or New 3DS down to 9.2 even from up to firmware 10.3. I have manage to downgrade my new 3ds using this method 3 times in a row successfully with no soft brick. Watch the tutorial and happy modding!

Frostbite189

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What exactly happens? Do you try to update and it gives a error code?

I was on the final part, installing cias in order to downgrade, but then an error appears.

Now I cannot enter unless I press L+R+a+up

And the n3ds tells me to update, I press yes but then it tells me that it cannot update.

Maybe I should delete the update folder??

SockNaste

My Little Pony Fetish
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.theuselessweb.com
XP
Country
United States
I was on the final part, installing cias in order to downgrade, but then an error appears.

Now I cannot enter unless I press L+R+a+up

And the n3ds tells me to update, I press yes but then it tells me that it cannot update.

Maybe I should delete the update folder??

Maybe the final part to the .cia that got the error was a .cia for updating. I am guessing you are screwed now. Check your internet and make sure it is good on the 3DS.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to comment that this method worked fine for me, it froze on first attempt, but it did the trick the second time. Used the sysupdater using the provided link (on youtube video) and CIA Updates on "that ISO site".

sro4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for the video. For my particular N3DS, using julian20 libkhax build, I have tried booting sysUpdater directly in hbl, after exiting ftbrony, through boot.3ds; experienced fairly poor boot rate, about 1 in 20 boots will get be a non black screen, only to end in CIA errors. Using a better class, larger storage microSD card than the class 4, 4 GB made no difference.

The video which suggests that speed is the key works for my particular N3DS. I have improved my scrolling speed by removing all other homebrew apps, except ftbrony and sysupdater, and it worked for me on the second try.

Returnofganon

I pretend like I know what I'm talking about
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I have a question, can I make a nand backup as another layer of security just in case I messed up (which I usually do!) if so, how

Returnofganon

I pretend like I know what I'm talking about
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll need a hard mod that requires soldering.
alright because I swear I did a nand backup so that I could give my mii gold pants but ok. Is there anyway that someone could check to see if the files I got where legit? I dont want a brick. I already checked and it is for the n3ds and us

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?