Gaming Early leaked trailer shows Street Fighter V to be exclusive to PC & PS4

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By base game I meant Ultra without the costumes. $15 and now I can practice for tourneys, that's it. Buy KOF and gotta pay $15 to practice against team DLC to stand a chance. Also you're assuming I've been paying for SFIV since vanilla, I was still in high school back then and had no money. I bought AE two years ago with the 25th Anniversary box set, gave the costumes to someone for their birthday though and then bought the costumes myself cause I had a great job. I've still been playing since Vanilla I just hadn't been able to work back then. With that said I still don't consider it a waste. I wish Tekken would get updates instead of more games, Tekken 6 is still Bob mirrors all day but that's just me.

Why not just keep SSFIV then? Can't you use that to practice? Or is Capcom making Ultra the tourney standard so you have to buy it and play it if you want tourney practice.

And even $15 for a winning team doesn't compete against paying $40 to upgrade to SSFIV.

Like if you like Street Fighter that's no problem. My issue isn't with Street Fighter as a game, it's that Capcom has been really shit with it and essentially forced players into paying for it constantly because they know they can get away with it.

AkiraCast

Former professional QA tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just keep SSFIV then? Can't you use that to practice? Or is Capcom making Ultra the tourney standard so you have to buy it and play it if you want tourney practice.

And even $15 for a winning team doesn't compete against paying $40 to upgrade to SSFIV.

Like if you like Street Fighter that's no problem. My issue isn't with Street Fighter as a game, it's that Capcom has been really shit with it and essentially forced players into paying for it constantly because they know they can get away with it.

Cause I wanted the new balance changes in each version mostly, even with Yun being so broken in original AE the balance was still good overall looking past the Hong Kong crew. Also can't practice using SSFIV because what works in Super may not work in AE or Ultra and then I'd be screwed if I tried Super tech. Ultra was something the community wanted though, the balance for the first time was influenced by feedback from the west, and even though I said I don't like X Tekken earlier I for one wanted Poison particularly, I now main her and I also don't mind the stages cause I liked them in X Tekken but not the game so it's put to better use in Ultra. Also yeah I conceded already that SSFIV was a more expensive upgrade.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cause I wanted the new balance changes in each version mostly, even with Yun being so broken in original AE the balance was still good overall looking past the Hong Kong crew. Also can't practice using SSFIV because what works in Super may not work in AE or Ultra and then I'd be screwed if I tried Super tech. Ultra was something the community wanted though, the balance for the first time was influenced by feedback from the west, and even though I said I don't like X Tekken earlier I for one wanted Poison particularly, I now main her and I also don't mind the stages cause I liked them in X Tekken but not the game so it's put to better use in Ultra. Also yeah I conceded already that SSFIV was a more expensive upgrade.

...So you're paying to fix imbalances that either A) shouldn't have been there or B) should've been patched for free.

Do you not see my point?

AkiraCast

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...So you're paying to fix imbalances that either A) shouldn't have been there or B) should've been patched for free.

Do you not see my point?

It's not an easy thing for any developer to get balance right the first time, people always discover unblockables, infinites and all that jazz. I don't necessarily feel entitled to free balance updates personally, with a limited understanding I admit, knowing how much work goes into that for fighters. AE and Ultra also added new features too, extra replay channel mode, follow feature, and one other thing I can't think of, these were AE additions. Ultra has controller setup at the select screen, edition select and is soon going to get new trials and Omega mode. The latter two of which are indeed free.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not an easy thing for any developer to get balance right the first time, people always discover unblockables, infinites and all that jazz. I don't necessarily feel entitled to free balance updates personally, with a limited understanding I admit, knowing how much work goes into that for fighters. AE and Ultra also added new features too, extra replay channel mode, follow feature, and one other thing I can't think of, these were AE additions. Ultra has controller setup at the select screen, edition select and is soon going to get new trials and Omega mode. The latter two of which are indeed free.

But when games in the past have given us consistent updates, for free nonetheless, I don't see why Capcom gets away with it. Skullgirls is made by a bunch of nobodies and gets free updates. Mortal Kombat gets free tweaks whenever needed. And it's not massive overhauls even, they tweak variables.

I don't feel entitled to free updates, I understand, but as a consumer I don't feel I should be beaten over the head with 4 paid tweaks to the same game.

AkiraCast

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But when games in the past have given us consistent updates, for free nonetheless, I don't see why Capcom gets away with it. Skullgirls is made by a bunch of nobodies and gets free updates. Mortal Kombat gets free tweaks whenever needed. And it's not massive overhauls even, they tweak variables.

I don't feel entitled to free updates, I understand, but as a consumer I don't feel I should be beaten over the head with 4 paid tweaks to the same game.

I guess I just like having major overhauls to the balance in small doses, for the consumer it means the developers will try their best each time... Well, with the exception of Vanilla Sagat and AE's Hong Kong Crew xD

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be surprised if the next releases would also be exclusive to PS4/PC considering they'd be making a lot more money by developing it for Xbox too.

As far as Street Fighter V goes, it's not going to happen (or at least, not this generation) since Sony's partially funding and developing SFV.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
As far as Street Fighter V goes, it's not going to happen (or at least, not this generation) since Sony's partially funding and developing SFV.

Capcom didn't actually need Sony to fund them they made a shit-ton of money from all those SFIV re-releases and I can't believe people would compare Bayonetta 2 to Street Fighter V, which is extremely popular and profitable.

There's just no reason for this appalling action as they'd have been better off making it for PS4/XO/PC considering that America's one of their biggest lucrative regions they're really going to mess it up for themselves.

Hey Xbox fans, you want Street Fighter V on Xbox? Haha, not happening!

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capcom didn't actually need Sony to fund them they made a shit-ton of money from all those SFIV re-releases and I can't believe people would compare Bayonetta 2 to Street Fighter V, which is extremely popular and profitable.

There's just no reason for this appalling action as they'd have been better off making it for PS4/XO/PC considering that America's one of their biggest lucrative regions they're really going to mess it up for themselves.

Hey Xbox fans, you want Street Fighter V on Xbox? Haha, not happening!

Forgive me for not trusting your financial insights.

Capcom is a company in pretty bad financial straits at this point. Street Fighter might make be culturally popular and make some money ("shit ton" is quite a stretch, however), but the company as a whole has been bleeding cash for quite a bit now. Not one year ago Yoshinori Ono was making tweets like this....

I don't have R&D budget and staff who they're just only make USF4.RT @MC_Odd: @warmlettuce Are you secretly working on a SF V for next gen?
https://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/356859689188868098

Now Street Fighter V is a Playstation 4 console exclusive and they literally stated that Sony is co-developing the game at the PSX event... well, you know, connect the dots.

This is hardly an appalling action, especially when they're still producing a PC version as well and the PS4 is continuing to sell like hotcakes; it's not like the game is locked away in obscurity. Besides, your quotes in the italics are basically what Microsoft said, not anybody else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?