Hacking DVD+R vs. DVD-R?

FlamingBalls

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does DVD-R and DVD+R really have much differences? I've been using DVD+Rs and they're been working fine, but I've read in several places that it's "bad" for your Wii and has more compatibility issues. Can anyone confirm these for me?
Thanks

Notorious9i6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well there is a higher chance it would work when your using DVD-R's,
And from what i have been seeing DVD+R's is more harmful to the wii lasers than DVD-R's

Ashlee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DVD-R has worked for me better than DVD+R, when I burned Mario kart on a DVD+R it freezed sometimes in the Intro video, I burned it in DVD-R and the problem never happened again. Also with Disaster Day of Crisis on a loading screen of the second level, the game would freeze, I burned in DVD-R and it was perfect. I don't know the difference between both DVDs but DVD-R are better.

knigitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used various DVD+R in the past and they worked on my old (hard-modded) Wii. With my new Wii which is only soft-modded none of a certain type DVD+R work, it sucks and I'm not sure why. I posted a thread earlier this month with some details of my DVDs which I've found not to work 100% of the time when soft modded. They still work 100% on my hard modded Wii.

SWORD21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I know is that DVD+R is only writable, whereas the DVD-R is rewritable. I don't think either will harm any wii.

anbu41

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SWORD21 said:
All I know is that DVD+R is only writable, whereas the DVD-R is rewritable. I don't think either will harm any wii.

Uhhh... last time I checked, only DVD+/-RW are the rewritable ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario.