Website
www.areyougoingtostalkme.wtf
XP
Country
Japan
Hey Folks, Steve Vai here (not) :]

Version SCPH 30004R PAL

I had 4 Issues,1 is unsolved

-Bubbles in the Startup Animation meet at one Point and freeze there (fixed it)

-System Time and Date reset
(I just set a new Time and Date and it worked) (but it must be a dead battery) (is there one inside,guys and Girls?)

-Memory Card Slot 1 not working (i fixed it)

-Disc not reading,what a Bummer man

I made the Disc read once,just gave the PS2 a snip on the side...but i don't like it a damn bit,dispite it remembering me of CRT Times :)

I can hear the CD spin in there,but only quietly...It is also visible after opening the Disc-Tray that it has moved around.

I do not think about a Mod-Chip in there because the Warranty Seal is on there
(btw is there a way to not remove it and still get to the Laser?)

I'll give you a Rundown of what is happening:

-Boot up with no DVD

-Go into Browser

-Open the Tray and put a DVD in(the DVD is fine)

-Close Tray (i remembered that)

-Laser Ticks and the DVD spinns
"reading DVD/CD-ROM"

-after 2 min 24 sec i get the golden Symbol and i start up the DVD(works)

-2 min 17 sec the 2nd Time I tried

-2 min 52 sec the 3rd Time(with a Game)

Should be a dirty Laser???

I have to save this PS2 because the "R" behind the Seriel Number makes it damn sexy!!

Last edited by Rocky_D,
Reactions: SylverReZ

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
but it must be a dead battery) (is there one inside,guys?)
There is a battery inside. Clock needs a battery.

I do not think about a Mod-Chip in there because the Warranty Seal is on there
(btw is there a way to not remove it and still get to the Laser?)
Some masochist with a razor blade or a scalpel and solvent as well a lot of time might be able to remove it without the VOID VOID VOID popping up.
Unlikely anybody did this, but those anti-tamper seals aren't perfect.

-Open the Tray and put a DVD in(the DVD is fine)

-Close Tray (i remembered that)

-Laser Ticks and the DVD spinns
"reading DVD/CD-ROM"

-after 2 min 24 sec i get the golden Symbol and i start up the DVD(works)

-2 min 17 sec the 2nd Time I tried

-2 min 52 sec the 3rd Time(with a Game)

Try:
  • CDDA
  • PS1 CD
  • PS2 CD
  • PS2 DVD
  • DVD Video
to see if the CD and/or DVD laser don't work as expected.

Lens cleaning would be the first thing to try. I once got a fat PS2 from a smoker... disgusting

Reactions: Rocky_D

Rocky_D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Japan

Some masochist with a razor blade or a scalpel and solvent as well a lot of time might be able to remove it without the VOID VOID VOID popping up.

Try:
  • CDDA
  • PS1 CD
  • PS2 CD
  • PS2 DVD
  • DVD Video

Lens cleaning would be the first thing to try. I once got a fat PS2 from a smoker... disgusting

pssst...KleinesSinchen ich würde ja aber man darf hier nicht auf Deutsch schreiben :P

*ehem* Back to the Business at hand...

Yeah thanks for that i will try all of them,but...CDDA? Never heard of that:unsure:

Ahh...smokers cars/consoles/apartments/whatever i can recall some Nighmares there:mellow:

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
,but...CDDA? Never heard of that:unsure:
The oldest of them all. Ancestor of all wide-spread digital optical discs.
Plain audio CD. Music.
Compact Disc Digital Audio.

You must have seen the CDDA logo hundreds of times (or you are about 13 years old living in a household that got rid of all physical media in favor of streaming-:shit: before you had a chance to get aware of it)
320px-CompactDiscDigitalAudio-Logo.svg.png

Reactions: Rocky_D

Rocky_D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Japan
The oldest of them all. Ancestor of all wide-spread digital optical discs.
Plain audio CD. Music.
Compact Disc Digital Audio.

You must have seen the CDDA logo hundreds of times (or you are about 13 years old living in a household that got rid of all physical media in favor of streaming-:shit: before you had a chance to get aware of it)
320px-CompactDiscDigitalAudio-Logo.svg.png
Oh so i was just stupid,thats not my first time;)

No No i have some CDs that have gone wild already but they still have Life left in them. I will try them and -if they work- shake a Leg :evil:

P.s.: notice i didnt Talk about being a too cool 13 year old because i can Crip Walk!

Rocky_D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Japan
If it were called just CD then everyone knows, but CDDA sounds kinda unique like SACD (I've seen SACDs on eBay for purchase so they do exist :P).
she owned us :D
Post automatically merged:

Try:
  • CDDA
  • PS1 CD
  • PS2 CD
  • PS2 DVD
  • DVD Video

I have the Results!

CDDA 8 sec (and it played the best Song right away!!!)
PS1 Game 9 sec
PS2 CD (PS2 Game under 800mb? dont have:[ )
PS2 DVD 2 min 44 sec
DVD (Movie) (2012) 2min 19 sec

I get some Screen disruptions here and there,seems like the dirty Laser Theory is right...

Last edited by Rocky_D,
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If it were called just CD then everyone knows,
Admittedly "audio CD" would have been an easier description, but "CD" alone is not precise enough. That is a whole family of formats, identical on physical level, but different in content.
Yeah, that sounds like this figure: :teach: So I'll better stop since it is off topic anyway.

CDDA 8 sec (and it played the best Song right away!!!)
PS1 Game 9 sec
PS2 CD (PS2 Game under 800mb? dont have:[ )
PS2 DVD 2 min 44 sec
DVD (Movie) (2012) 2min 19 sec
That sounds like a problem with the DVD (visible red) laser. Might still be a dirt issue if the particular dirt lets the infrared CD laser through.

PS2 CD games are only a small minority; almost all games came on DVD. You will notice them right away since they have a nice blue color looking at the data side.
PS2CD.jpg

For a fat PS2 it might be the best option to switch over to HDD loading. Aging optical drives often make trouble.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've had similar issues currently, this is extremely common on earlier PS2 models. I have an SCPH-39000R with a faulty laser, it can read DVDs just fine but not CDs. Being very careful, I re-adjusted the laser power for the CD and cleaned the laser with 99.9% IPA, but still nothing came out of it, it would have the same problems as previously. Then, as a last resort, I used the Laserchanger application thinking that reflashing the EEPROM might fix it, but that did nothing to help and ended up bricking my laser.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Time to adjust the laser POT on the laser's PCB.
If that doesn't work like I've done with my previous methods, you might as well replace the laser. Nearly all disc-based consoles will have a laser starting to wear out.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
If that doesn't work like I've done with my previous methods, you might as well replace the laser. Nearly all disc-based consoles will have a laser starting to wear out.
Exactly. That's why it's also important for us to have HDD loading, for game preservation. We'll eventually run out of PS2 disc drives globally, and have no other choice unless someone makes a PCB to adapt a common DVD drive to the PS2. But ODE would be best I feel, after HDD loading. FPGAs have come a long way, and can do almost anything now.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, you live in Japan, but use a PAL PS2?

If you want a better and easier solution, go with a PS3 (which can play VIDEO_TS DVD files after activating a homebrew app) since it's more adequate for modern TVs as it uses the HDMI port (it does have the old A/V port too).

Rocky_D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Japan
Admittedly "audio CD" would have been an easier description, but "CD" alone is not precise enough. That is a whole family of formats, identical on physical level, but different in content.
Yeah, that sounds like this figure: :teach: So I'll better stop since it is off topic anyway.

That sounds like a problem with the DVD (visible red) laser. Might still be a dirt issue if the particular dirt lets the infrared CD laser through.

PS2 CD games are only a small minority; almost all games came on DVD. You will notice them right away since they have a nice blue color looking at the data side.
View attachment 379774

For a fat PS2 it might be the best option to switch over to HDD loading. Aging optical drives often make trouble.

hab' eins gekauf- oh *cough*

I bought one "Lotus Challenge" The CD Boots after 14 sec so nothing new here

AND it also says 'COMPACT disc' on the front of the CD + the backsides bottom right of the CD Case :teach: So gotcha back! :p1ng:
Post automatically merged:

Dude, you live in Japan, but use a PAL PS2?

If you want a better and easier solution, go with a PS3 (which can play VIDEO_TS DVD files after activating a homebrew app) since it's more adequate for modern TVs as it uses the HDMI port (it does have the old A/V port too).

There was only 1 Country i could instert in the Box (i think) so i choosed the best i had:]

I will make it able to play Games from HDD or SSD but the Original Way is best for me (as Original as possible that is)

but i admit the PS3 solution is smart and practical :yay:

Last edited by Rocky_D,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste