Hacking DVD+R bad for Wii or not?

ClaKK

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
EmperorOfCanada said:
SeraphisCain said:
Where might one find this Less_Internal_Heat_v1.3.wad?

This has been asked a million times before! Google it!

Wasn't it hunted and removed by Nintendo? I read they were also trying to sue the websites distributing it!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I juste checked and the copy i have on my server had a sign over it saying FORCEABLY REMOVED BY YACKHASI OF THE NINTENDO CORPERATION .... hmmmm i wonder should i upload it again or would that cause too much trouble ?

CharAznable

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
I juste checked and the copy i have on my server had a sign over it saying FORCEABLY REMOVED BY YACKHASI OF THE NINTENDO CORPERATION .... hmmmm i wonder should i upload it again or would that cause too much trouble ?

Hm...perhaps upload it again under a less conspicuous name?

ClaKK

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Don't do that, they check the MD5 code of the file and find it anyway...also, when you patch your ios with that, they can ban your Wii from going online if you play Mario Kart or SSBB...maybe other games too, I don't know...

Hardware mods are the only way to go for that now...

ClaKK

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Because the app used proprietary Nintendo code, they can get pretty angry for those matters
biggrin.gif

CharAznable

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh, I see.

Hm. Perhaps I can find it on my own then. I'm pretty much forced to use DVD+R due to my burner not liking -R's, so yeah, something like this would come in quite handy.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ClaKK said:
djtaz said:
Aquila said:
Everywhere I read you should use DVD-R's for burning Wii backups, because DVD+R's might be bad for your Wii.

DVD+R discs quickly heat the lens on the laser causing it to overheat and eventually start to melt the drive trans system on the wii's core chasis.
If this continues over a long time it can cause a cathostrophic meltdown of the core reactor in the wii and thw overheated lens will cause the internals to catch fire.
You can make a slightly safer system by inserting a spark bargle (as recommended by arm the homeless) or if you do a search on this site you can run the Less_Internal_Heat_v1.3.wad file that was written by noobwarrior7 to keep the heat of the lens at a monitored level.

Either way should help you run DVD+R discs

lecture.gif
I thought that using the spark bargle was even more dangerous than letting you Wii overheat...unless you can insert a supporting debargler (which costs too much for me)... a dicotometric baluginator would be a cheaper yet still effective solution!!

Not_Less_Internal_Heat_virginonepointfive.wad has just been release in the thread, with name update to trounce suspicion. Unfortunately, you actually need to debargle your media, so that the bargle factor is non-redundant to the power of cheese (a poor metaphor, but hey, you know I didn't make it). Now, if you try to burn your games onto Blu-Ray, that will actually negate the need to buy a spark bargle, because as everyone knows, such a scenario would only result in you having a clear wii, and a nasty flu. Be careful when installing the wad, it has been known to install cSM (constant severe maiming) and a cIOS (crap I over-slept), both of which can result in System Menu 3.4 making out with your sister.
Unfortunately, this app will not work on Korean Wii's or on djtaz. However, you can always use some djdynamite to explode the firewalls.
Don't ask where to get the files, just check "the usual places". Then, when you find a bunch of Xbox1 stuff,
you'll know you're an idiot.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think noob would be capable of re-coding it to use non proprietary Nintendo code and possibly incode a softmodded spark bargle while he does it - actually that would be great.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
* wonders how long it will take for people to cop on * ... to how hard it is to code this type of stuff - great job noob - i just tested it and it works great - amazing bit of code there too - i like the little flashy additions - i think ur showing off a little though , but its very impressive.

ClaKK

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Woah thanx noobwarrior7!!

The install procedure is easier too..I wish I hadn't spent my money on the baluginator...
I got one question though...are you going to include the "monkeys in my pants" function like in 1.3?

Aquila

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for all your answers!

I decided to check whether the Philips DVD+R worked - guess what, it did. The game runs just fine, no DRE whatsoever!

However I'm still doubtfull whether or not I'll buy some DVD-R's because of the story about the laser getting strained over a longer timespan... since I'm still not sure whether that story is true or not
wink.gif

But thanks again.
smile.gif

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
The Wii's firmware drives the disc at a constant velocity, no matter what track is being read. This is different from regular DVD drives that spin the disc faster or slower depending on the track.

QUOTEThe drive in the Wii is NOT a DVD drive. In a DVD drive, the speed changes so the laser reads at the same speed all throughout the disk. This puts a strain on the motor (different speed and etc)

A Wii drive does NOT spin at different speeds, only one. The laser reads at variable speeds all throughout the disk. This makes the drive like a tank.

I have no actual evidence, I'm the source for the "DVD+" put more strain on the Wii's laser. It's a result my googling, so I'm using hearsay. Seeing as DVD-Rs don't need special settings to be burnt, I'm leaning on them more so than DVD +.

Oh and the quotes were just some comments I found interesting, if anyone has to add to those by all means please.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That says the wii's firmware spins the disc at a constant velocity - now im wondering if people in europe who are on 220v bought a US wii on 110v and plugged it in , since its using double the voltage would it spin at 6x using a RED DVD+RW disc thats burnt with nero ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d0-EuoBjkKI&pp=ygUqd2F0Y2htZW4gaSdtIG5vdCB0cmFwcGVkIGluIGhlcmUgd2l0...