Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
i purchased this from meritline:

http://www.meritline.com/taiyo-yuden-8x-dv...-printable.html

to burn backups for my wii...
but as a test, i tried burning 2 xbox isos at 4x speed.... and when i boot it up in my xbox a white screen pops up saying disk read error.

then i burned a movie and it worked...

but are these bad dvds that cant burn gaming isos? or could it be my xbox/the Iso file.

i will seriously will be pissed off if its the dvds, because i bought them just for my wii backups...

xeorix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It may be you dvd's that is the problem.

I had the same problem with cheap dvd's myself, then i went and bought TDK-dvd's for 2.5$ a piece (!) Ant they work without any problem.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have taiyo yudens, depending on the dye used depends on their quality, but taiyo yudens are known for being some of the best media, don't know about the value variety, but if they say value that must mean cheap

h3xx3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've used both Sony & Datawrite mach4 and both work fine I mainly write at 4X but have written at 8X with no problems.

ssj4android

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know how well Staples brand DVDs work? I believe the prerecorded information said they were fuji-film or something like that. They did work in my Xbox, but I couldn't copy back some files.
Edit: "Manufacturer ID: FUJIFILM03". I also have a couple "Spin-X" brand DVD-Rs left.

Soybomb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What works for us and our burners might not work for you. I'd suggest you use nero's cd-dvd speed program, go to the disc quality tab and do a scan at somewhere around 4x. If you google a little you'll find out to interpert the results. In general you'll be suspect if you see a high number of PI Failures and/or a quality score less than at least 70 something.

In general TY are usually excellent media, but maybe TY and your burner at the speed you're burning at just aren't getting along. If the disc has alot of errors it might work find in some devices but not all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol