Hacking duplicate roms tittled "Di3.nds, Di4.nds" etc.

gospeedgo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just setting up my sons ds using TTDS. Things working good for a week or so. Today I decided to remove the games and then put them back on in the order I'd like them to be on the TTDS menu. After doing that, I now have duplicates of all the games. The dupes have the same icon of the original game but the file is called Di3.nds etc, etc. I've removed all files including TT menu, moonshell and games and starter over. No luck. Dupes still there. Any ideas?

Ok. Just reformatted the microsd and added games. All is well. Now, if I delete a game on the micro sd, it shows up on the ds as a Dix.nds file. It still plays. Is the game being store on the ds or on the TTDS card?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The game is stored on the microSD card. Are you using Mac or Windows? If you delete a file from the microSD card, it should be gone. It sounds like a problem with your microSD card, card reader, or PC.

-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you're not hiding certain files on the PC side? Something isn't right about that. There is no way a file can exist on the DS or on your DSTT after the power is turned off. All .nds files are stored on your microSD card.

-Bri

gospeedgo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My pc is set to "Show hidden files". I deleted all files except the menu and the games were still playable on the ds, just renamed. If I add a game back it's on the ds twice?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're saying that when you delete the.nds file, you can't see it on the PC, but then you put it back on the DS and the game is still there (but renamed) and you can even play it? In order for it to still be there, it must not have actually been deleted. So there's a problem with your PC, your microSD reader, or your microSD card.

If I had to guess, I'd say your PC is doing something screwy with the file when you delete it (it's not really deleting it, but for some reason not displaying it and renaming it). One thing you might try it putting the microSD card on a different PC and see whether the file shows up on that other PC. Or copy the entire microSD card to your PC and see if the file shows up in the copy.

-Bri

zardoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The reason for this is that most operating systems cache the filesystem metadata when operating on a mounted filesystem on a removable device. Just because the OS says that file operation has completed, it doesn't mean that it has actually committed those changes back to the hardware device. Only the act of unmounting the device by either "Eject" or "Safely remove" will force a file system sync to the hardware. I am surprised that more corruption hasn't taken place. It may well be that a rom image has only been partially copied to the device and will start to play, then crash. Best thing is to reformat the SD card and rebuild it completely. Then do the correct unmounting sequence.

Z

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: If you wanna commit suicide just drink prime