Masu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help
frown.gif
im trying to back up katekyo hitman reborn flame rumble xx, and it takes over 10 hours to dump (but thas probably just my terrible internet)
anyways, it always finishes, but then says "failed to transfer file, try again" and I end up with a 127 MB Reborn rom when its supposed to be 131 mb. Any clue as to what could be wrong?

75UR15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question on the save file, it dumps a 64k file, I am told to use this I need to pad it to 512k, (I tried it otherwise I get an error) does anyone know how I could do this (the end of the original .sav file on my cart is always FF in hex (LOTS of them, probably starting at the end of the 64k).

edit
I found an alternate method, take the old .sav file, and hex paste the smaller data amount from the .sav dump. I tried this with xvi32.exe hex editor but it didn't have the option, this program did:
Hex Edit 121 It didn't seem to want to work at first (even after saving the file it hashed 1:1), eventually however I did get it to paste the hex data over the larger file (leaving the end as all FF) and it worked on load from my cart
smile.gif

loxolot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I'm trying to backup my DQIX save using this tool. I have connected successfully to my computer, but when It comes to recognizing the cart, I get an error that looks like this:

20100821-ejkt3yygfeqp5xmbb4k93th7kt.jpg

Help? Does DQIX have some sort of backup protection? I tried doing several of my other retail cartridges, and I get the same problem.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Oh. I'm using an Acekard 2i with AKAIO 1.7.1 on a DSi firmware 1.4u

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
loxolot said:
Hey all,

I'm trying to backup my DQIX save using this tool. I have connected successfully to my computer, but when It comes to recognizing the cart, I get an error that looks like this:

*snip*

Help? Does DQIX have some sort of backup protection? I tried doing several of my other retail cartridges, and I get the same problem.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Oh. I'm using an Acekard 2i with AKAIO 1.7.1 on a DSi firmware 1.4u
Its because you're using a DSi (I believe, I don't personally have a DSi) The DSi's slot functions differently than the DS Lite/Phat slot so its very possible that could be the problem. Someone else confirm though.

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NDS Backup Tool hasn't been updated in forever. Not to mention the fact that is doesn't do proper dumps (mostly headers, but still, if you're going to do something, do it right).

Since you don't have a Slot-2 on your DSi, the best tool is WoodDumper r27. You can download both the WiFi and Slot-2 versions here:
http://nointro.megadrive.org/Wood/wooddumper_tools.7z

loxolot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
NDS Backup Tool hasn't been updated in forever. Not to mention the fact that is doesn't do proper dumps (mostly headers, but still, if you're going to do something, do it right).

Since you don't have a Slot-2 on your DSi, the best tool is WoodDumper r27. You can download both the WiFi and Slot-2 versions here:

That didn't work. I'm borrowing my friends DS Lite for the time being. What do you mean that the tool doesn't do proper dumps?

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
loxolot said:
QUOTE said:

That didn't work. I'm borrowing my friends DS Lite for the time being. What do you mean that the tool doesn't do proper dumps?
Can you be a little more specific on "it didn't work":
1. When you ran Wooddumper Wifi, did it get/display an IP Address?
2. Where you able to attach to it with an FTP client on your computer?
3. When you put in the cart you want to backup, was it recognized?
4. Were you even able to start the FTP transfer?

Being a bit more specific would help us help you.

And when I say that Rudolph's Tools don't do proper dumps, let's just say that they are no longer acceptable utilities for dumping R0M5 that are distributed because they miss some data in some cases (mostly newer games) and the backups created by them are no longer considered to be "clean R0M5.

loxolot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I ran wooddumper, it doesn't even recognize the cards I put into the DSi. It says nothing is inserted.

When I run it on the DS Lite, it recognizes the card, connects to my ftp, and doesn't do anything else. The FTP transfer isn't even initiated from what I can tell, and I'm not prompted to do anything but. What are the steps? Is there proper documentation for wood?

The process:

IMG_20100821_213258.jpg

Followed by

IMG_20100821_213328.jpg

So, nothing works on my DSi.

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually, it was working perfect on the DSLite in the pictures. Did you launch an FTP client on your computer and try to connect to your DS, which was at 10.0.2.4? Once you do that, then you can retrieve the file and viola, you've dumped your own cart.

And there isn't any decent documentation for Wooddumper that I know of.

You mentioned nothing works on your DSi? So are you saying the Wooddumper wouldn't even start on the DSi? What card are you using? Are you using the same flash cart on both the DSL and DSi?

BTW, the Slot-2 version of Wooddumper only works with Slot-2 Flash Carts with their own SD cards like the Supercard Lites. It doesn't work on 3in1's.

loxolot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, tits. I didn't even think of the DS as an FTP. I thought it would connect to an ftp on my mac like rudolph's did. I guess I'll give that a shot.

Wooddumper starts on my DSi using my acekard 2i w/ akaio 1.7.1 (the only card I have), but when I try to set a normal card, it fails to recognize the card. The same problem rudolph's had.

Oh, and can I backup saves with wood?

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wood cannot backup a SAV. But I do believe that Rudolph's tools will. Personally, I use and NDS Backup Adaptor Plus to dump/restore my SAVs. This was due to many newer games such as Pokemon Platinum & HGSS have complicated SAVs that no program to date have been able to properly handle.

The NDS Backup Adaptor Plus is a USB dongle that you insert you actual DS game into and use a windows program to read/write SAVs.

As to why Wooddumper doesn't work on the DSi. I believe it is because the DSi CAN detect the removal of the card and that breaks to connect that Wooddumper, ore other Slot-1 dumpers, have to it. Since the older DSL and DS didn't have the "remove game while powered on" feature, the DS assumed that nothing happened.

Sangui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to dump DS games without using a DS? like, something you just plug into your computer and it reads off of it? I have a DSi and none of these methods will work.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sangui said:
1 dollar? from where?
I got lucky on Ebay. It seems no one even wants the things any more but they do a great job at dumping games and the thing can use 8 or maybe a 16gb cf card.

Kasmember17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting an error after I change all the settings for the NDS file. It doesn't show up as the settings it just goes to

FTP Server IP : 123.123.1.1
Save File Size : Auto
User Name: anonymous

even though I changed everything in the file. What am I doing wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: