OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
The only writable part of the cartridge is the save bit, so if you're dumping the ROM (Read Only Memory), you can't screw that up. However… be careful with your saves. I accidentally wiped one save off of one of my carts.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never got this to work with my M3.. Always said "Searching for Access Point"

However I'm going to try it with my CycloDS.

Mr_Madagascar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha mass editing this post. ._.

Alright so I'm still having problems getting this to properly work. I always have one of two things happen - either: the ROM backup freezes at 1% and the connection to SmallFTP is lost, or I get an error message saying "Unable to read file. Try again." Sometimes I have to continue to try again and again and then it will just end up freezing anyway.

-I'm using Windows.
-I'm using R4.
-I'm using SmallFTP.
-I set up the information as shown in http://www.monroeworld.com/myfaq/index.php...&artlang=en
-I've tried opening my ports, turning off my firewall, etc. None of these yields any more success than the others.
-I've tried version v0.31f and v0.31d
-I set up my access point with WFC.

I do have a slot 2 device, but I haven't tried using one of the slot 2 dumpers yet. I haven't actually used my slot 2 device yet - I'm still very easily confused in this whole flashcard business - and since there were no instructions for this one... Also the downloads seem to be a lot lower which made me think it doesn't work as well.

I've been struggling with this problem for quite awhile now. Hopefully somebody can help me get this working.
frown.gif

sturmen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you have a SLOT-2, go for that. I just recently got my hands on one, and it's so much faster. To use the SLOT-2, do this:
-DLDI patch with the file for the SLOT-2.
-Launch from the SLOT-2 file.
-Put in a DS game. (Important: you have to put one in, you can't just have one in there. I don't why…)
-Dump!
You can mess around with the stuff in the config file, if you want.

Chud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having trouble doing this wifi! I've got everything to connect to my pc but I am trying to backup a game that is a slot 2 cartridge. What are the steps I need to do to complete this? Maybe I'm not doing something right. I have tried rudolphs wifi backup tool and the slot 2 backup tool. Neither work for me. They both seem like the want to back up slot 1 only? But the game I want to back up is a slot 2 game cartridge??
Maybe this is a dump question but I NEED HELP!
smile.gif

If someone could step by step me through it so I can get it right maybe I am doing something wrong but I don't think so.

Thanks,

-Chud-

sturmen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
Kikoshi: the first screen (before you press "R") will copy your saves.
Mentioned in my tutorial:
QUOTE said:
Want your saves, too? Go back to the first screen (Hit 'L' twice), and press 'B.' Accept the confirmation again and wait 5 seconds. CONGRATULATIONS! Your progress has been recorded for future generations. This .sav is usable directly in NO$GBA and should be a valid save for your flashcart. When you play a little more on your retail cart, select the save file on top screen, and it 'A' to update it with the latest from your cartridge.

FlexiPack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I'm having trouble getting the wifi dump to start. When i Press 'A' to start the dump I'm getting the error message:

'Data transfer failed. Please do over again'

This is my setup..

NDS wifi backup version 0.31f
ini file settings...
IP 192.168.0.3
Port 8080
user test
pass test

I'm using smallFTP set up as per Monroe's tut (thanks monroe!). I've disabled all router security, port forwarded 8080 to IP 192.168.0.3 (which is my desktop PC) and disabled my software firewall.

Every goes smoothly until it asks me to swap the slot-1 cart for the game I want to dump. I put that in, press 'R' twice and then 'B' to create the NDS file. It runs for about a second and then i get the data transfer failed message.

any ideas?

P.S FYI, the wifi 0.31f dumper prog and it's ini file must be placed in the root of your micro sd card. I had put it in it's own folder and although it loaded it wouldn't use the settings in the ini file, it was defaulting to port 21, ip 192.168.0.10 and user anonymous. It was doing my head in 'til i figured it out!

Link2999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good tutorial but this took a few hours to set up. First of all I had an issue with getting Ethernet to work, I use a wireless connection via airport so in order to make that work I had to look all over for my 360's Ethernet wire which was replaced by an adapter (Trying to use a phone cable at first lols). Then after that worked my DSs connection didn't. Had to redo the entire process of setting up the .ini file like 10 times. After the 9th time I just changed the location, username, and password to something new and it worked. Then Nintendo WiFi didn't wanna work on me, had to change some router settings. Retyped all the stuff manually into my DS a few times before it worked. Now the .sav files I dump don't wanna work with my M3DS Real, so that sucks. Is there a patch or anything for these files?

thejakal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got an Acekard 2i and tried the NDS backup tool, but all it does it freeze at "Connecting for Access Point". Wifi works, and I can play games and detect the connection. But when running the NDS backup rom, SmallFTPd doesn't show any users trying to connect. I tried v0.31 and v0.31f.

EDIT: The hangup was that I did not set my router to broadcast SSID. Apparently homebrew doesn't support this, so I enabled broadcasting and was able to connect! (although the program couldn't read any of my games, but that's another post...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.