Homebrew Due to Pretendo I am locked out of my Wii U profile

a-problem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently installed Aroma on my Wii U. With this I also thought it would be absolutely hilarious to also use the Pretendo Network plugin. But there was one thing I missed. My Wii U profile has an NNID password prompt when I go to log in. It does let me get into my profile, but when I go to start a game it asks me to re-enter my NNID password. I do that. It says it’s incorrect password. My Pretendo password is the same as my NN password. I double-triple checked for typos. I tried many variations of my password. Nothing at all worked. What’s going on here? How do I fix this?
Also when I go to get a reset code in my email, I get this error here (code 102-2452 if the image won’t load)
EDIT: I’m able to get around this pop up by temporarily switching to NN, putting in my password, saving the password, switching back to Pretendo, and signing in that way. But since switching networks logs me out, AND since other people use this console and I’m over-protective of my data, I want a better solution that doesn’t involve saving my password.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
Last edited by a-problem,

a-problem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m not sure what that means. I have 2 profiles, one of which has no linked NNID (and therefore can’t use Pretendo).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 60

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't use and have never used pretendo but this is my logical assumption. You cannot use an account linked to an NNID with pretendo. It is not accepting your password because it is an NNID and it's looking to connect to Nintendo's servers which it cannot do, due to online being redirected to pretendo. I think you'll have to unlink your NNID to be able to use it on that account. The second user with no NNID should be able to use it with your pretendo credentials is what I think SDIO was getting at.

Reactions: Schmeerio

a_username_that_isnt_cool

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't use and have never used pretendo but this is my logical assumption. You cannot use an account linked to an NNID with pretendo. It is not accepting your password because it is an NNID and it's looking to connect to Nintendo's servers which it cannot do, due to online being redirected to pretendo. I think you'll have to unlink your NNID to be able to use it on that account. The second user with no NNID should be able to use it with your pretendo credentials is what I think SDIO was getting at.
No
Pretendo works by redirecting NNID requests to PNID. It needs a second account because of Wii U safeguards. Going into your old account would make the Wii U go: "Oh boy can't wait to go connect to Nintendo Network! OMGOMGOMG THIS ISNT NINTENDO NETWORKW?DESFP{CHGC IT DOESNT HAVE THESE FEATURES!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: " but with a new account it doesn't know that and it thinks: "Oh this is a new developer account. They must be repairing this console. Oh this network doesn't have these features? They probably just don't have this developer network fully set up yet. :D:D:D:D:D" (emoji spam intentional). At least I think.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No
Pretendo works by redirecting NNID requests to PNID. It needs a second account because of Wii U safeguards. Going into your old account would make the Wii U go: "Oh boy can't wait to go connect to Nintendo Network! OMGOMGOMG THIS ISNT NINTENDO NETWORKW?DESFP{CHGC IT DOESNT HAVE THESE FEATURES!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: " but with a new account it doesn't know that and it thinks: "Oh this is a new developer account. They must be repairing this console. Oh this network doesn't have these features? They probably just don't have this developer network fully set up yet. :D:D:D:D:D" (emoji spam intentional). At least I think.
Um, isn't that basically what I said though?
"You cannot use an account linked to an NNID with pretendo. It is not accepting your password because it is an NNID and it's looking to connect to Nintendo's servers which it cannot do, due to online being redirected to pretendo." .... "The second user with no NNID should be able to use it with your pretendo credentials"

From the original images uploaded you can tell they are attempting to enter the password on their NNID linked account.

Copied from their website: Sadly, no. Existing NNIDs will not work on Pretendo, as only Nintendo holds your user data; while an NNID-to-PNID migration is theoretically possible, it would be risky and require sensitive user data we do not wish to hold.

Last edited by fringle,

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, isn't that basically what I said though?
"You cannot use an account linked to an NNID with pretendo. It is not accepting your password because it is an NNID and it's looking to connect to Nintendo's servers which it cannot do, due to online being redirected to pretendo." .... "The second user with no NNID should be able to use it with your pretendo credentials"

From the original images uploaded you can tell they are attempting to enter the password on their NNID linked account.

Copied from their website: Sadly, no. Existing NNIDs will not work on Pretendo, as only Nintendo holds your user data; while an NNID-to-PNID migration is theoretically possible, it would be risky and require sensitive user data we do not wish to hold.
No
You said it's looking for Nintendo's servers but it can't. It CAN look for Nintendo, then be redirected through Pretendo's plugin, but it only works with a new account due to the Wii U knowing from that user data that it's NOT Nintendo's servers but a new account makes it think "Oh this is a new developer account. They must be repairing this console. Oh this network doesn't have these features? They probably just don't have this developer network fully set up yet. :D:D:D:D:D" because from my understanding Pretendo works by taking the "dev user" and changing its URL to Pretendo, because from my understanding x2 the Wii U goes: Dev User, so Dev Network isn't set up, no big deal.

a-problem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what I'm getting out of this is that to use Pretendo, I have to make a new profile with an "NNID" so that it creates a PNID that I can use. It sucks that I can't use my old one, but it makes sense.

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what I'm getting out of this is that to use Pretendo, I have to make a new profile with an "NNID" so that it creates a PNID that I can use. It sucks that I can't use my old one, but it makes sense.
:(sadly yes. but you should be able to log in to Nintendo Network using the plugin system/autobooting into HBL

Obilaxo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yo I have the same thing when I try to use my password it says "Incorrect Password", when I try to recover a new password by clicking on "Password Forgot" it puts me an error message that the they can't send me an Email for resetting my password... If someone can help that would be great

Francesco2090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
make an account in the pretendo website and then make a new profile with your pretendo credentials

y2ksekai

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you are using Aroma, Inkay can be disabled!
Press L+DPad-Down+Minus and select Inkay.
Then, "Patching' and uncheck the "Connect to Pretendo Network" (press A)
I hope this helps!

a-problem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo I have the same thing when I try to use my password it says "Incorrect Password", when I try to recover a new password by clicking on "Password Forgot" it puts me an error message that the they can't send me an Email for resetting my password... If someone can help that would be great
You're having the exact same problem as I did.
If the account was registered with Nintendo Network, Pretendo patching needs to be OFF for the verification to work properly. To use Pretendo, you must turn on patching before making a new profile on the console, which you can use to sign in with your PNID.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto