si_ok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hello Tempers,

I have encountered very unusual behaviour using my DSTWO after upgrading the firmware to the latest version. When I put my DS into sleep (lid off) the system will turn itself off after a couple of hours. This also occurs if I leave the lid open and let the system go into screensaver mode in moonsheel

My NDS is a phat DS. I get the same behaviour on 1.05, 1.06 and 1.07. This did not occur before the firmware update on the DSTWO.

I was wondering if there are others who are experiencing this behaviour, or if this is reproducible by anyone else here.

Note that my R4 running the wood firmware has been happily sleeping for over 5 hours now so I know it is not my NDS.

>Si

Koken

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused why you would leave your DS on sleep mode... its not like it takes that long to boot up, and the DSTwo has RTS so you don't have to worry about finding a save point on any game your playing :X...

fishykipper

pkmn breeder
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol, exactly what i was thinking...the genious of RTS in built into the supercard, so whats the reason for leaving the ds on in idle mode? surely you'll just knacker the battery in the long run.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll have to agree what everyone is saying
and also, you should have read gbatemp official review
QUOTE said:
the v1.05 firmware is available but untested for this review. User reports have flooded the SuperCard forums with information about bricked or damaged SCDS2s after the v1.05 firmware upgrade. The v1.05 firmware upgrade is for users who auto-boot their NDS firmware and experienced problems with the SCDS2. This compatibility issue was limited to a handful of cards making the upgrade not advisable at this time.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh, btw if you are using Moonshell2, it has an auto-shutdown feature...you can change the amount of time before it shuts down in the moonshl2.ini...It's kind of to prevent a waste of battery incase you fall asleep listening to your music and stuff.

si_ok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Guess I wasn't really clear. The DS is in sleep mode with the power plugged in so it can't be the battery. Also there are lots of cases where you will close the lid to do something and forget about it.

I also made the note that this will also happen if I leave the lid open (ie just let it idle) for that period of time in moonshell (I'm listening to music). I have turned off the auto-shutdown as well.

My R4 will happily run moonshell playing music for a whole day if I let it. My DSTWO will shut down after 1-2 hours. I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue, not whether or not what I'm doing is a good idea. How I use my system isn't really relevant to the question I'm asking...

>Si

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu