DSTWO shutting down nds after a couple of hours

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by si_ok, Oct 9, 2010.

Oct 9, 2010
  1. si_ok
    OP

Newcomer si_ok Member

New Zealand
    Hello Tempers,

I have encountered very unusual behaviour using my DSTWO after upgrading the firmware to the latest version. When I put my DS into sleep (lid off) the system will turn itself off after a couple of hours. This also occurs if I leave the lid open and let the system go into screensaver mode in moonsheel

My NDS is a phat DS. I get the same behaviour on 1.05, 1.06 and 1.07. This did not occur before the firmware update on the DSTWO.

I was wondering if there are others who are experiencing this behaviour, or if this is reproducible by anyone else here.

Note that my R4 running the wood firmware has been happily sleeping for over 5 hours now so I know it is not my NDS.

>Si

2. goncalodoom

Member goncalodoom GBAtemp Fan

Portugal
    its because the DSTWO consumes a lot more battery life than any other flashcart...

3. The Pi

Member The Pi Lurker

United Kingdom
    Why would you keep your DS on for hours on sleep? that's just plain stupid.

4. Koken

Newcomer Koken Member

United States
    I'm confused why you would leave your DS on sleep mode... its not like it takes that long to boot up, and the DSTwo has RTS so you don't have to worry about finding a save point on any game your playing :X...

5. Endrit49

Newcomer Endrit49 Advanced Member

Australia
  6. fishykipper

Member fishykipper pkmn breeder

United Kingdom
    lol, exactly what i was thinking...the genious of RTS in built into the supercard, so whats the reason for leaving the ds on in idle mode? surely you'll just knacker the battery in the long run.

7. Greatforce

Member Greatforce GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands

Very constructive!

8. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    I'll have to agree what everyone is saying
    and also, you should have read gbatemp official review

9. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    Oh, btw if you are using Moonshell2, it has an auto-shutdown feature...you can change the amount of time before it shuts down in the moonshl2.ini...It's kind of to prevent a waste of battery incase you fall asleep listening to your music and stuff.

10. si_ok
    OP

Newcomer si_ok Member

New Zealand
    Guess I wasn't really clear. The DS is in sleep mode with the power plugged in so it can't be the battery. Also there are lots of cases where you will close the lid to do something and forget about it.

I also made the note that this will also happen if I leave the lid open (ie just let it idle) for that period of time in moonshell (I'm listening to music). I have turned off the auto-shutdown as well.

My R4 will happily run moonshell playing music for a whole day if I let it. My DSTWO will shut down after 1-2 hours. I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue, not whether or not what I'm doing is a good idea. How I use my system isn't really relevant to the question I'm asking...

>Si