Hacking DSTwo not working-accidentally updated 3DS

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a new DStwo, but my lil bro updated the system to the newest firmware, and now the dstwo doesn't work. Is there any solution? I do not have another 3DS with a lower firmware.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1. Download http://down.supercard.sc/download/dstwo/Firmware/Firmware_v1.25_eng.zip
2. copy the dstwoupdate.dat (or however it's called) to the MicroSD card
3. rename it to dstwoupdateb.dat
4. Make sure that your DS has enough power!
5. Put the DSTWO with the MicroSD into the 3DS and start "Alex Rider"
6. Wait at least 5 minutes at the "an error has occured" screen!
7. Delete the dstwoupdateb.dat from the MicroSD
8. Have fun

Reactions: Reecey

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
you need to get an original ds, a ds lite or a dsi which supports dstwo, ask a friend to borrow it or try to get access to try one... (ask a store employer to try the console, or buy it and return the next day for full refund)

if you don't have access to an "older" ds you can use a very risky update metod, if you want to know about this metod please ask, but this may damage your dstwo and should be used as last resource...

edit: Technicmaster0 already said the metod... its a bit risky...

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you need to get an original ds, a ds lite or a dsi which supports dstwo, ask a friend to borrow it or try to get access to try one... (ask a store employer to try the console, or buy it and return the next day for full refund)

if you don't have access to an "older" ds you can use a very risky update metod, if you want to know about this metod please ask, but this may damage your dstwo and should be used as last resource...

Serveral users have done it already and I havn't heared of a bricked DSTWO in the past months.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

It isnot risky. If that is going wrong you can most likely try it again

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
1. Download http://down.supercard.sc/download/dstwo/Firmware/Firmware_v1.25_eng.zip
2. copy the dstwoupdate.dat (or however it's called) to the MicroSD card
3. rename it to dstwoupdateb.dat
4. Make sure that your DS has enough power!
5. Put the DSTWO with the MicroSD into the 3DS and start "Alex Rider"
6. Wait at least 5 minutes at the "an error has occured" screen!
7. Delete the dstwoupdateb.dat from the MicroSD
8. Have fun

This method works 110% on the 3DS!!! I have done mine this way many times in the past and it has always worked, just make sure you leave it over 5 mins on the black error screen else it will not work. If this way does not work with the latest custom firmware then there is something else wrong.

WaryLouka

Official Representative of the SuperCard Team
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The current firmware (1.25) is not compatible with the new 7.2.0 firmware. The Supercard Team is working on it, please be patient!
Also, If you are looking at getting your 3DS hacked, just do like me and stick to 7.1.0-16, because according to Smeass, it's should be hackable when his exploit ASSSpwn will get released.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The current firmware (1.25) is not compatible with the new 7.2.0 firmware. The Supercard Team is working on it, please be patient!
Also, If you are looking at getting your 3DS hacked, just do like me and stick to 7.1.0-16, because according to Smeass, it's should be hackable when his exploit ASSSpwn will get released.
According to the SC site and reports from users here, it does work with the latest firmware on the 3ds.

D

Deleted User

Weird, mine worked just fine. Didn't do anything since the FWupdate. Just popped it in and went on playing as usual.

Reactions: DarkKnigh_t

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.