Hacking dstwo card limitations

Game Dragon

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My dstwo card has finally arrived and I have been reading on this forum how good it is but there is some limitations, is there a list of the limitations some ware so I don’t have to keep asking stupid questions

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What limitations are you talking about? I've been using mine for months and the only technical bug I've ran into is that you can't have over a certain amount of ROMs in a folder when loading the SNES emulator, I think it's around 150. GBA nor any other emulator's I've used have this problem.

The only other thing is the battery is a bit worse then say an official cart or an Acekard, but that can't be helped because of the on-board CPU.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It cannot fly, be your sexual partner, be your girlfriend/boyfriend, make money, convince your boss that you need a raise, get you a girlfriend/boyfriend, shoot lazer beams, and various other things.

On the other hand, it can play NDS games and homebrew well and has moderately decent other features.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Game Dragon said:
My dstwo card has finally arrived and I have been reading on this forum how good it is but there is some limitations, is there a list of the limitations some ware so I don’t have to keep asking stupid questions
You order stuff BEFORE checking if it does what you want?
And what do you mean by "limitations"? If you mean the emulation, it is usable. But if you want something to emulate older systems almost perfectly, get a PSP or a A320/A330.

D

Deleted-236924

pyrmon24 said:
But if you want something to emulate older systems almost perfectly, get a PSP or a A320/A330.
GBA games emulation on the DS2 is almost perfect.
The only problem I get is slight framerate problems which doesn't affect gameplay.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Pingouin7 said:
pyrmon24 said:
But if you want something to emulate older systems almost perfectly, get a PSP or a A320/A330.
GBA games emulation on the DS2 is almost perfect.
The only problem I get it slight framerate problems which doesn'T affect gameplay.
I was referring to systems like the SNES, but yeah GBA is good on DSTWO.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pyrmon24 said:
Game Dragon said:
And what do you mean by "limitations"? If you mean the emulation, it is usable. But if you want something to emulate older systems almost perfectly, get a PSP or a A320/A330.

To the average person that sounds like you're telling them to go buy a commercial jet.

Reactions: 1 person

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Evo.lve said:
pyrmon24 said:
Game Dragon said:

To the average person that sounds like you're telling them to go buy a commercial jet.
I'm counting on the fact that most people on GBAtemp knows of these...

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've not found my DSTwo wanting yet, the SNES emulation is fine for what I want to play - namely old school RPGs, The only GBA game I've tried is Mother 3 and that seems fine. DSTwo MAME isn't great unless you're only playing real old-school stuff, although Side-Arms (an old Capcom shooter that I used to be able to finish in the arcade on one credit) is quite playable. The iPlayer video plugin is a huge improvement over moonshell insofar as it supports unmodified .avi files and original aspect ratios. DS roms work great and the in game access to DSTwo options is a boon.

D

Deleted-236924

pyrmon24 said:
I was referring to systems like the SNES, but yeah GBA is good on DSTWO.
True, the SNES emulator sucks pretty bad.
I can't even choose the same +24 screen position option that was on SNEmulDS, and all four options on BAGSFC have major flaws to them.
Not mentionning BS Zelda doesn't even work on it when it worked on SNEmulDS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I know who I need to call. :ninja: