dstwo card limitations

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Game Dragon, Jan 18, 2011.

Jan 18, 2011

dstwo card limitations by Game Dragon at 1:20 AM (1,142 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Game Dragon
    OP

Member Game Dragon GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    My dstwo card has finally arrived and I have been reading on this forum how good it is but there is some limitations, is there a list of the limitations some ware so I don’t have to keep asking stupid questions

2. Haloman800

Member Haloman800 a real gril

United States
    What limitations are you talking about? I've been using mine for months and the only technical bug I've ran into is that you can't have over a certain amount of ROMs in a folder when loading the SNES emulator, I think it's around 150. GBA nor any other emulator's I've used have this problem.

The only other thing is the battery is a bit worse then say an official cart or an Acekard, but that can't be helped because of the on-board CPU.

3. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    It cannot fly, be your sexual partner, be your girlfriend/boyfriend, make money, convince your boss that you need a raise, get you a girlfriend/boyfriend, shoot lazer beams, and various other things.

On the other hand, it can play NDS games and homebrew well and has moderately decent other features.

4. Pyrmon

Member Pyrmon Burnin' Monkey Love

Canada
    You order stuff BEFORE checking if it does what you want?
    And what do you mean by "limitations"? If you mean the emulation, it is usable. But if you want something to emulate older systems almost perfectly, get a PSP or a A320/A330.

5. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    GBA games emulation on the DS2 is almost perfect.
    The only problem I get is slight framerate problems which doesn't affect gameplay.

6. Pyrmon

Canada
    I was referring to systems like the SNES, but yeah GBA is good on DSTWO.

7. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    To the average person that sounds like you're telling them to go buy a commercial jet.

1 person likes this.
  8. Pyrmon

Canada
    I'm counting on the fact that most people on GBAtemp knows of these...

9. mechagouki

Member mechagouki Kill 'em all...

Canada
    I've not found my DSTwo wanting yet, the SNES emulation is fine for what I want to play - namely old school RPGs, The only GBA game I've tried is Mother 3 and that seems fine. DSTwo MAME isn't great unless you're only playing real old-school stuff, although Side-Arms (an old Capcom shooter that I used to be able to finish in the arcade on one credit) is quite playable. The iPlayer video plugin is a huge improvement over moonshell insofar as it supports unmodified .avi files and original aspect ratios. DS roms work great and the in game access to DSTwo options is a boon.

10. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    True, the SNES emulator sucks pretty bad.
    I can't even choose the same +24 screen position option that was on SNEmulDS, and all four options on BAGSFC have major flaws to them.
    Not mentionning BS Zelda doesn't even work on it when it worked on SNEmulDS.