Hacking DSTT - "SYS File Loading" message

zoomzoomvince

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have bought a DSTT card with a 2Gb Micro SD card. I downloaded the v1.10 menus from ndstt.com (http://www.ndstt.com/english/download_en.htm)

The SD card was formatted as FAT16. I copied the TTMenu.dat file and the TTMenu folder to the root of the SD card. I then put the SD card into the DSTT and then into the DS. Powered on, got to the DSTT screen and then I get the "SYS File Loading" message. It just stays there and nothing happens.

From what I have been reading, it will create the TTMenu.sys itself.
I downloaded an older version v1.07 which had the .SYS file and I still seem to get the same message.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What happens if you start it up without the microSD card inserted into the DSTT?

Have you placed any games on the microSD card yet?

-Bri

zoomzoomvince

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I put in the NDS card with no micro SD card I get the "no card ??" symbol which is logical.

On the SD card I have just got the TTMENU.DAT file and then the TTMENU Folder. I did initially create a Games folder and put some .nds files in there but I thought that might be causing the problem so I deleted them.

Vince

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, it sounds like there are 3 possibilities: your firmware is corrupt, your microSD card is bad, or your DSTT is bad. Unfortunately, it sounds like your DSTT cart may be bad, but let's eliminate the other possibilities before we jump to that conclusion.

Try unzipping your firmware again, and copy it to your microSD card again. If that doesn't work, reformat your microSD card in FAT16 and try again. If it still doesn't work, try a different microSD card if you have one. If it still doesn't work, it's probably a contact problem with your DSTT and you'll need to exchange it for a new one.

-Bri

zoomzoomvince

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have bought 2 new MicroSD cards, a 2Gb Kingston and a 4Gb Integral. I tried both cards with v1.10 and v1.07 menus and formatted them in both FAT16 and FAT32 modes. The end result is the same - SYS File Loading. The DSTT must be reading the card ok because if the card is not there or the TTMENU.DAT or the TTMENU folder is missing is complains about it.

zoomzoomvince

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I also tried the Panasonic SD card formatter on all 3 SD cards with no difference. I also tried the DSTT card in another DS Lite with the same results.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, unfortunately it sounds like you have a bad DSTT. Some people have reported problems with the contacts. Exchange yours for a new one if you can.

If you can't, there are a few possible fixes you could try such as shoving some paper or cardboard in with your cart to get it to make better contact with the NDS. Some of the "fixes" that have been suggested I wouldn't recommend except as a last resort because they could permanently break your cart.

-Bri

jeronz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Try YSMenu. I know someone who may have had a similar problem, the DSTT wouldn't boot up properly. I loaded YSMenu on it and changed YSMenu.nds to default.nds and it now boots up.

genuisgeek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if its still not fixed look in ur microsd folder and allow hidden files b/c when ttmenu.sys is created the first the DSTT runs its created so if its not there theres a problem with the ttmenu.sys

imma see if i can upload a ttmenu.sys if u need it

zoomzoomvince

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How do I allow hidden files ?

I've got a new version of ysmenu loaded (20/5/08) and when I select a game it asks me to create a SAV file. I answer yes (A) and then it says "Booting Creating SAV" and it just stays there. Looks like it cant create any files on the micro SD card, which is probably why the DSTT had issues.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Press the "select" button and it will switch between displaying Games, Saves, and All Files.

Check on your microSD card (from your PC) and see if it's created a .sav file and if so how large the file is. Also, see if it was able to create a TTMENU.SYS file.

-Bri

got.rice-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, i know this thread was from a while back

but i've been desperately searching through the entire forum and stumbled upon this one

i have kind of the same issue like this [with the whole .SYS file being difficult]

So i was wondering, since this was a couple mths ago

1] Did the ysmenu actually end up making it work?
2] Whoa.. what's that about the DSTT/YSMenu not being able to write on your SD card?
that could be my issue, since mine is struggling making the .SYS file that it should
3] + Did someone upload a .SYS file that i could get so it doesn't have to make one..
or does my DSTT have to make an .SYS to work..

dsking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello everyone , i have exactly the same problem as this guy , and i dont no how to fix it
frown.gif
, i put the ds i get the dstt screen , but it just says Sys is loading , and stays like that for ever and ever .

hopefully someone knows how to fix this , Dsking.

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can get Y's to run .nds files, you might as well try the dsttflasher.nds and dstt.bin and re-flash the dstt, it wouldn't involve any writing from the dstt to the mem card, so it should run.

gotta be worth a try ? make sure you run a confirmed 'safe' OS/firmware after flashing straight away or you could end up in circles.

got.rice-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly, I just returned it to the guy i got it from,
he said he's never seen anything like it either so he just gave me my money back
bought a new one and it's fine (y)

I still have no idea what it was, I tried a crap load of things
I just know that it's the actual DSTT cart itself that was messed up

dsking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so is there anyway of fixing this at all ? it just stays on the screen Sys is loading ? someone told me to try Ysmenu , i tried that and the games came up , but when i clicked on the game it just came up would you like to make save , i said yes and it just said Booting and nothing happened.

Is there any other way to fix this ? thank for everyones help so far.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try these steps:[*]Use the Panasonic formatter to reformat your microSD card: http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/d..._formatter.html[*]Grab the official 1.16 menu from here (but do NOT install TTMENU.DAT from it as it contains the fake-killer code!!!): http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=3603[*]Copy the TTMENU folder (but not TTMENU.DAT) from the official firmware to your microSD card.[*]Grab this archive: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4086[*]Copy all four files from the archive to your microSD card.[*]Make a folder named "games" on your microSD card. Copy 2 or 3 games (.nds files) to the new "games" folder.[*]Run "safely remove hardware", select your microSD reader in the list, and press STOP before removing your microSD card from your PC.[*]Insert your DSTT into the NDS. Insert your microSD card into the DSTT. Turn on the NDS.[*]Run the DsttFlashChecker program to see if you have a real or a fake DSTT. If you have a fake DSTT and suspect that it may have been destroyed by the official fake-killer firmware, run the DsttFlashWriter program to re-flash your DSTT.[*]You should be able to run your games now. You can delete DsttFlashChecker.nds, DsttFlashWriter.nds, and DSTTDUMP.BIN from your microSD card if you want.[*]Always keep the following in mind:
  • Always leave some free space on your microSD card for save files and system files.
  • Always put games into your "games" folder. Also, put homebrew into a folder. Leave as few files as possible on the root of your microSD card.
  • Always use "safely remove hardware" to remove your microSD card from your PC.
  • Use the Panasonic formatter if you ever have to reformat.
  • Make sure you don't use the official TTMENU.DAT (particularly if you have a fake) because it contains fake-killer code.
If that doesn't work, you probably have a hardware problem. You should return your flash cart where you got it from. There is no good way to fix a contact or other hardware problem.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.