Hacking DSTT 1.4.2 Experiment

roguel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
knobydobs said:
could the dat files included in the 3ds upgrade be edited to make usable on dsi 1.4.2?

Exactly what I was thinking, but we need a raw image file of a working 1.4.2.

roguel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Have just been playing around with the DSTT flasher 0.07 but sadly doesn't support the flash chip on my DSTTi (Intel E28F320J3A110)

So we should try the DS3 update path then. I noted that my card uses the rom_pcb0.dat file where the first 128Kb are the ROM image. (I x-checked with DSTT dumper and this is exactly my 1.4.1 image) so it should be possible to exchange the first 128K with a R4 dump and fix the checksum.

Anyone with a R4 dump?

TwistedBlizzard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
roguel said:
Have just been playing around with the DSTT flasher 0.07 but sadly doesn't support the flash chip on my DSTTi (Intel E28F320J3A110)
what is dstt flasher and what can i do with it
QUOTESo we should try the DS3 update path then. I noted that my card uses the rom_pcb0.dat file where the first 128Kb are the ROM image. (I x-checked with DSTT dumper and this is exactly my 1.4.1 image) so it should be possible to exchange the first 128K with a R4 dump and fix the checksum.

Anyone with a R4 dump?
may be able to download one but what should i search

roguel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yikes, I just patched 3DS with CRC update and filtered ROM image out of the 3DSTT update on www.n3dstt.com they use a spongebob exploit for 1.4.2e.

It is patching right now but fails on CRC check after flashing now retry 3 is running will probably time out. Lets see what happens.

roguel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Look like I bricked my DSTTi card
cry.gif
trying to reflash to 1.4.1 but hangs at 0.00%

roguel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, another DSTTi on 1.4.1, tried to use that one to load 1.4.1 update, swap with other DSTTi and hit X+Y but then it hangs at 0.00%

Any other tricks?

roguel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nope, have tried different methods but it's dead.
hate2.gif

Every upgrade I try hangs at 0.00% as if it is waiting for an acknowledge. Is there some info on the hardware of the DSTTi card I would like to understand why the flash is not responding. I have tried the DsttFlashWriter and that still responds with an 16168989 error that the hardware is not supported. Interesting thing is that this is the exact vendor id (89) and chip id (16) of the intel E28F320 flashchip on my DSTTi card so it is still able to read the flash and basically the same communication can be used to flash it.

Is there someone with the source code of the DsttFlashWriter?

TwistedBlizzard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the only thing my dsi seems good for is looking at this post and playing games i payed money for! can you believe it
anyway what i was going to ask is wat to do now cos i feel we are close to the answer but what i realy would like is for someone to point out what parts of the hex code for the 3ds update do what. only then will i be able to truly be able to help cos atm im only doing what people are telling me might work
PS: sorry if i sound ungreatfull. trust me in not! quite the opposite
biggrin.gif

roguel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I think my path was ok except for one small flaw. I made a dump with dstt dumper of my DSTTi and concluded the flash image was 128K size. Where in fact the DSTTi flash image is 4Mb. So I replaced only the first 128K of the flash image and that is probably why it is now bricked.

hOtttBRA

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi! My cousin just show up with a DSi and a DSTT card and want to play Pokemon White and Black. I look at the NDS and it has the 1.2U Firmware. I read a lot before updating the firmware and I found out that the new firmware 1.4.2U blocks his flash card. By reading this topic I see that some people are trying to fix it. My question is there is a way that I can update the NDS firmware to 1.4.1U so It can run some of the latest games or I have to wait for a 1.4.2U firmware for the TTDS card ? Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/TECN1Gm7j3A?si=XwYKYHKwxoMNdFqN