Hacking DSLink vs NinjaPass X9 vs Acekard vs _________

Dacvak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like many of you, I'm a tech whore. When something new comes out, I'm right there. I can't help myself; it's a disease.

Anyway, I just recently purchased myself an M3 Lite (to go along with my various M3s, Supercards, and old GBA Flash units), and I'm very impressed. Flush in my DS Lite? Clutch.

But now I'm seeing all of these Slot-1 cards coming out, and I'm about to jump into that game. The problem is, I have yet to see any sort of definite purchase. At first, I was very impressed with the DSLink. Then, this new NinjaPass X9 comes out. I'm hearing things about the Acekard, too. First and foremost, I'm all about removable media. That means no DS-X.

So here's my major question: Out of the three (or maybe there are more I don't know about) Slot-1 cards, which does everyone prefer, and why? I was leaning towards this newly announced NinjaPass X9, but then again, I'm not very educated on the Slot-1 cards.

Post your suggestions and list the pros and cons of each!

Thanks,

~Dac

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
just briefly:

DSLink:
Pros - is out, decent compatibility
Cons - requires flashed DS, not 100%

Acekard:
Pros - supposedly 100% perfect compatibility, no patching
Cons - requires card to be formatted in proprietary file system

Ninjapass X9:
Pros - doesn't require any PC software at all, just drag and drop
Cons - company's last product was shite

Everything about the X9 and Acekard is more or less just speculation though, since neither of them have been released. There were some pretty positive impressions of a pre-release Acekard posted on YYjoy, though.

Dacvak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So DSLink is probably a bad idea. I have my DS Flashed, but still. It seems a bit sketchy to me. I was really impressed with the NinjaPass's $50 price point.

I still haven't been able to get much information about the Acekard, though. What exactly do you mean with "requires card to be formatted in proprietary file system?" Does that mean I can't drag and drop? Does it support clean roms? Also, can I get any of those YYjoy impressions in English?

Thanks,

~Dac

[Edit] What about this MicroNinja thing?

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
I still haven't been able to get much information about the Acekard, though. What exactly do you mean with "requires card to be formatted in proprietary file system?" Does that mean I can't drag and drop? Does it support clean roms? Also, can I get any of those YYjoy impressions in English?
The card has to be formatted in AKFS rather than FAT/FAT32, AKFS being a file system developed by the acekard team to more closely resemble the DS's. Which means it supports clean roms, but you need to use the acekard software to transfer them to an AKFS formatted card, you can't just drag and drop from the OS. As for the yyjoy stuff, I believe parts of it have been translated in topics in the "flashing hardware and software" forum here, other than that you'll have to use babelfish or google.

maxlifan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think u should get the ds link lol. I have so far the m3 lite, mini and sd and ewin sd , mini and 3 dslinks... So far the best out of them is the dslink cause well... I think it's cool... It doesn't stick out AND with the new update it has really good compalblty with Homebrew and ds games... And also i had the sticky ninja ds... I hated it... looked so gay... i couldn't belive i bought it for 90 dollars... and com sucked ass... like 60%.. So i recommand the ds-link or the X9 but seeing the last product I SAY NO TO X9. BTW i have all this stuff because i'm a 13 year old who selling flash cards to his school mates for a BIGGER price.. (most parent don't let them use internet and they don't even know what a flash cart is lol)

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Out of the three (or maybe there are more I don't know about) Slot-1 cards, which does everyone prefer, and why?
Judging by sales I would say DSLink
biggrin.gif

Judging by what people actually have in hand to pick a preference... DSLink
laugh.gif

Judging by the posts related to DSLink vs posts related to speculating about the other two... NOT DSLink
rofl2.gif

Dacvak: there are a sheaf of posts in the threads introducing the 2 new ones, their (supposed/guessed) shortcomings, and bad english translations of yy... why ask that it all be rehashed in another thread?
blink.gif

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Ninjapass X9:
Cons - company's last product was shite

I thought the only thing they made so far was the ninjapass passcard and that was just like any other passcard?

I believe they're not the same people as ninjaDS, but correct me if i'm wrong.
They also released some versions of the passcard with flash memory built in, but they were licensed from NDSGBA (makers of the Ultra series) and were absolutely god-awful. The X9 doesn't seem to be an NDSGBA product, though, so it could be worth looking into.

azndragonguy115

Trophies
Website
hai-san.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
I think u should get the ds link lol. I have so far the m3 lite, mini and sd and ewin sd , mini and 3 dslinks... So far the best out of them is the dslink cause well... I think it's cool... It doesn't stick out AND with the new update it has really good compalblty with Homebrew and ds games... And also i had the sticky ninja ds... I hated it... looked so gay... i couldn't belive i bought it for 90 dollars... and com sucked ass... like 60%.. So i recommand the ds-link or the X9 but seeing the last product I SAY NO TO X9. BTW i have all this stuff because i'm a 13 year old who selling flash cards to his school mates for a BIGGER price.. (most parent don't let them use internet and they don't even know what a flash cart is lol)

you are a jerk

i only charge them 2x shipping
biggrin.gif

lonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the ds link and i really like it alot so if you ds is already flashed i would certainly go for it

luck11

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone know if there are any reviews on the X9 anywhere, or when can we expect to see one here?

And what about compatibility?

I would like to get one for my son for X-mas, keeping in mind avail and shipping time.

kaks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
will the NinjaPass X9, or generally do slot-1 carts run homebrew better than slot2?

Or even emulators?

thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I have discovered a hilarious corner of youtube. meme ASMR
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    Veho @ Veho: What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous...