Australia
Art Style: AQUITE - 500 Nintendo points
Art Style: CODE - 500 Nintendo points
Birds & Beans (Pyoro) - 200 Nintendo points
Paper Plane - 200 Nintendo points
WarioWare Snapped! - 500 Nintendo points
Opera DSi browser - Free

So that's what we got today.
Considering you get 1000 Free Nintendo points for getting online (no clue how long this offer is availiable)
i thought it would be nice to share some reviews, so people know what to spend their points on.

I gace the Operat DSi browser a try, it's kinda nice, not too shabby and not painfully slow, so yea it's a nice bonus since it's free.
So far i didn't purchase anything else yet, but from what i saw AQUITE should be really nice.
Anyone tried it yet?

Ub3rSlug

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not in the EU, but I like what I see. I'm hoping these prices carry over to the US, specifically 500 pts for Warioware and Aquite.

What I've seen Aquite looks.. interesting. I'll wait to see exactly what Nintendo does for the US launch though.

RPG Hacker

Trophies
Website
rpg-hacker.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just got my DSi. And with 500 of my 1000 free Nintendo Points I downloaded Wario Ware Snapped!
It is a really nice little game. But it also really short. Only 5 mini game collections. But it is really funny, though.

Malboro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Just got too my DSi E (impulse buy
blush.gif
) and also wanna know what is worth to try.

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I got mine today too with an Acekard 2i. I find Wario Ware Snapped! costs too many points for a tiny mini game like that but I suppose I don't really care cause I got 1000 fre Nintendo points

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I downloaded all of them except art style, here's some opinions.

Pyoro: It's classic Pyoro and Pyoro 2 as I loved them on my GBA, but with a bigger screen.
I'll be playing this often, worth 200 points.

Paper Plane: Also a GBA classic, it has some punishing difficulty.
I dare you to finish Time Attack Course 5, really, also worth 200 points.

Wario Ware Snapped: A little fun, but remarkably short and easy.
It's real purpose is to take pictures of you whilst you do silly things, and do something to them at the end (like make a comic story).
By itself it won't do much, but with plenty of friends you'll get good laughs.

DSi Browser: Much faster than the old browser, much better too.
Will I use it? Eh, maybe on occasion, if I'm away from a computer.

When I bought my DSi from Gamestation, the minimum offer gives you at least a game and an essentials kit, but the free game is only shovelware.
Take the one with the most trade value and put it together with some cash, and buy a cheap 2000 points card, trust me.

pengin2008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've downloaded the free Opera Browser (Not too bad, but definately slower than the Wii's browser)

I've also downloaded WarioWare Snapped! (Again, not THAT bad, but could have been a LOT better, for 500 points, you should get what you paid for really, it's just not big enough) There's only three modes, you can play on your own, and the fourth, you MUST play with a friend.
There's 5 mini-games in the 3 levels (Excluding the multiplayer option) so if you're playing on your oen, there's only about 15 minigames.
One more bad thing about this game is you have to be in certain lighting for it to work, also, your skin colour must not be the same colour as the wall behind you, otherwise, it won't pick up.

And finally, I downloaded Paper Plane, not too bad, quite additcive, and works quite well, it's a bit bigger than the ones in the WarioWare series, but not much, I mean, sure there's a time trail mode, and multiplayer, but you probably won't look at them more than twice, unless you want to beat your high score.
But I'm not too sure if the 'Endless' Mode is endless, as in Time trail mode (Where you beat your times) there's 8 slots (for where the stages are), so I presume in 'Endless' Mode, you play through 8 stages then after that either you start from stage 1 again, or continue at stage 8... Iv'e lost myself so I'll wrap it up here.

I am looking forward to PicoPict, so that's a definate download as soon as it's released.

B

ball2012003

pengin2008 said:
I am looking forward to PicoPict, so that's a definate download as soon as it's released.
whats that
is it the flip book thing

pengin2008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ball2012003 said:
pengin2008 said:
whats that
is it the flip book thing

No, that's called 'Moving Memo' or something like that.

PicoPict is where you've got some blocks coming down from the top of the screen (Much like Tetris), and you need to match some of the cubes at the bottom of the screen to the falling block,s once youv'e got three in a row, or make a 4 sided shape, they go on to the top screen, then they make a sprite of original 8 bit games.

Earthdweller

Trophies
XP
Country
Well had it a day now and I would say it has a lot of potential but not really an essential purchase at this stage.

Having said that I had to get one the moment they came out! I play with my DS lite every day so I couldnt resist but I am left feeling a little disappointed.

Theres nothing really new here. Maybe children will be amused with the picture morphing and the sound changer thing but the novelty soon fades and its something we've all probably done on our PCs anyway.

The DSi-ware games are quite expensive @ GBP 4.50 per 500 points.

The 200 point games are more appropriately priced in my opinion as they are more on par with itunes prices.

I topped up my points for GBP 9.00 and I could have bought a lot of ipod touch content for that.

The Wario Snapped game could have been great but I found it more of a challenge to get the face and hand recognition working than the actual game itself. (Must try a higher contrast background)

The two player mini game was a big disappointment for me as I had high hopes that this would be the killer game to win my wife over to my purchase! Unfortunately we could never get lined up correctly with the camera and she walked off unimpressed , we never got to see the photos!

The screens are noticably bigger but there is some trade off with sharpness when I compared my DS lite.

It does have a lot of potential which I hope is realised early on in its life and we dont have to wait months for a decent DSi-ware or even shop bought DSi game.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Frog said:
meh, not interested in buying a dsi...
However, shouldn't we have a dsiware essentials!?

Well, maybe when there's more selection.
The different regions is going to prove a problem too, Nintendo have horrible habits of not publishing the same games in the same regions, even if they're JUST downloads.
unsure.gif

D

Deleted User

Got my DSi today and so far I only got the browser to test it (not that I plan on really using it). From your opionions I got interested in Pyoro and I think I'll maybe get the Wario Ware game.

What DSiWare lacks (same as WiiWare) is trial editions like the ones on XBoxLive Arcade. If I could just test the games before buying them, to get a picture of what it actually is, I'd sure be convinced to buy them more easily.

adzix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
So, now IGN has reviewed some of the DSi Ware offers.
aquite/aquio got 8.4 which makes it a must-have at the moment i suppose.

what i would really like to see coming to the EU DSi Ware is Hacolife (http://ds.ign.com/objects/143/14324068.html) and Planet Puzzle League.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: