1. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Portugal

LOL! I already know that. I had been used no$gba since it was first released a long time ago... the version was 1.0 on 2002 (About 17 years ago). Limited support then released on 2.0g, released 2005 with lots of GBA supporting. See ? I was there every way into this year. I watched his news all my life. My first favourite gba emulator before and still today with more emulators to be choice. I still keep this emulator as my good memories!

Right now, I still keep my eyes on this one this time... for 3DS in it too.

Yeah.. Thank you very much. :creep::rofl2:

Last edited by azoreseuropa, Dec 24, 2019
  2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo watching Thames TV from London

Italy
    It does... as long as it's in VHD format ;)

Uhh, it's the most accurate way possible (sure, if you're using NO$GBA, you're probably not too concerned with accuracy at least for now :P)
    Feel free to borrow from my older guide in this section if you want to!

The best security software has always been the current year's version of Common Sense :)

KleinesSinchen and banjo2 like this.
  3. Marinblue

Marinblue Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Pardon, but could someone help me and a friend with something? He followed your instructions to a T and while the game ran the graphics were a glitched mess. Is there a known cause for this and if so is there a fix? Thank you in advance.

4. KleinesSinchen

OP KleinesSinchen GBAtemp's backup reminder + fearless testing Sina

Germany
    Uhhh. "The game" is a little vague. Which game? I did not test many myself. But @ReyVGM did. See here.

This could have many reasons: Emulation issue (No$gba is fantastic but not yet perfect). Bad ROM.
    If it happens with all games try a different computer to rule out (graphics) driver issues. If this is a general Windows problem I can't be of any help (pure Linux user – creating this small tutorial was the first time in years I used Windows for more than a few minutes).

================
    I really have to finish the part about SysNAND. Took me way longer than expected to figure out some last puzzle pieces.

alexander1970 and banjo2 like this.
  5. DustyHands

DustyHands Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm the friend. I'm able to launch the game easy enough, and when I do the menu screen looks fine, but once I'm inside of the game the graphics are glitched. Picture attached.

Attached Files:

6. KleinesSinchen

OP KleinesSinchen GBAtemp's backup reminder + fearless testing Sina

Germany
    Now that is really garbage graphics, but I can't reproduce the problem and have no idea what is going on. Sorry!

EU version works for me loaded from virtual SD card with HiyaCFW/SDNAND as well as from TWiLight Menu++. I also tested the EU from SysNAND (I already have a license for that game so it is on my SysNAND).

I tried with this file, installed with tmfh in the emulator:
    Legend of Zelda, The - Four Swords Anniversary Edition (Europe, Australia).nds CRC32 is d5b25cc5

Things you could try:
    • Different virtual SD
    • Starting the game from the NAND image that can be found online easily (don't ask)
      • The person who uploaded this image claims that it contains some of the best DSiWare and I guess the Zelda game is on it.
    • Other games
      • It would be really interesting to know if other games work for you.

alexander1970 likes this.
  7. ReyVGM

ReyVGM Game Endings Master

Upgrade to the latest no$gba. Graphics were glitched on old versions, but now they are perfect.

KleinesSinchen likes this.
  8. SilverTheGamer

Newcomer

Poland
  9. Solid One

Solid One Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Thanks for the tutorial. It was really useful for configuring No$GBA in order to run DSiWare games.

I grabbed latest version of No$GBA (3.02), got all DSi bioses, obtained a NAND backup with some games and got a 512mb virtual SD from your attached file. Then I followed your tutorial, put hiyaCFW on the virtual SD and inserted some DSi roms in the virtual SD through OSFMount.

The games that were already on NAND backup worked fine, although I still haven't figured out how to add / replace games on the NAND. The games I've added on the virtual SD also worked through hiyaCFW, however I'm getting issues on some of them.

One game I'm having issues is Shantae - Risky's Revenge. I have it both on NAND and on the Virtual SD. If ran on NAND, the game works fine:

[​IMG]

However, if I try running the same game on Virtual SD, all game texts are replaced by <Localization not found>:

[​IMG]

Is there a way of fixing this on the Virtual SD through HiyaCFW, so I can do some romhacking tests on this game?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - emulation, Setting, DSiWare