Hacking DSi with Flashcarts...

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so the DSi won't boot flash cards that autoboot and skip the H&W screen...

So, if I have a G6DS Real, and I turn off autoboot, it should work with the DSi, right?

I've asked this in a couple of the DSi threads, but never got an answer.

I know the G6DS is an old card, and not even made anymore, but I have 2, and love them... every game works, Wii connectivity is perfect, just single card multiplayer doesn't work...

Can anyone confirm that it works or not with AUTOBOOT off...

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't own a dsi but im pretty sure your card, any card won't work on the dsi from changing any settings!

Nintendo have had ages to sort out the problem of flashcarts so i wouldn't have thought it would be as easy as adjusting a setting or 2, no its going to take either a new flash card or an sd hack to run homebrew/nds roms.

paul

S

spectral

It doesn't matter if it autoboots or not, none of the flash carts work with the DSi.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
^-- What he said.

If you think that adjusting a setting to not autoboot will get around the DSi then you've got another thing coming. All flash cards have already been tested and confirmed to not work, so having autoboot on/off is irrelevant.

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
Narin said:
NO FLASHCARDS WORK WITH THE DSI

With that said, no, no flashcards work with the DSi no matter if they skip the start-up screen or not.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=113633
Only DS-Vision works now
tongue.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
DieForIt said:
Narin said:
NO FLASHCARDS WORK WITH THE DSI

With that said, no, no flashcards work with the DSi no matter if they skip the start-up screen or not.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=113633
Only DS-Vision works now
tongue.gif

The DS-Vision isn't a flashcart though, it's an official product. It probably functions in a very different way to a real flashcart because it doesn't have to run roms. I think it's just a media player isn't it?

edit : Snap Narn!

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I remember watching this vid on youtube, some guy tested like 28 flashcards, all didn't work. But, for the G6 it showed up on the DSi menu, but when he selected it he got an error message and he forced to turn off the DSi. Some goes for the AceKard 2 and theEZ Flash V.

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's a few options with the G6DS Real... you can autoboot (bypass the H&W screen), or allow the DS menu to show... that's part of the card... not a DS thing...

You can also set it as a PASSME, or autoboot GBA by editing one of the ini files on the card...

I was just wondering, since 99% of the cards autoboot.

That's what I like about the G6DS... if I turn off autoboot, it'll show up on the DS menu with it's own custom graphic, and title (which you can change if you know where to look, lol)

But I guess even if you turn off the autoboot option on the card (not the DS) it still won't work...

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the only flashcards that work right now are the single game backup carts, and that is because they are identical to a real cart once written to just about. however, these are hard to get hold of unless you know the right people in china and want hundreds of thousands

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU