DSi with 1.2u. Acekard2i or M3i Zero?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Nitemare15, Dec 15, 2009.

Dec 15, 2009
  1. Nitemare15
    OP

Newcomer Nitemare15 Newbie

United States
    I'm getting one to hold me out until the Supercard DStwo comes out. I just don't know which I should get. Suggestions?

2. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    I've got both (I'm currently using the Ak2i)

- if you want best compatibility for ROMS I'll go for the Ak2i, it has better support (especially if youuse AKAIO firmware)
    - If you want a card to do more than ROMS e.g. Movies,Mp3,Pictures - you may find M3i0 better as it's file browser (Sakura) can open them all without needing to start another program

Since you still got a DSi @ v1.2 firmware - which ever you go for best upgrade the firmware before attempting to use the Online shop.

3. Nitemare15
    OP

Newcomer Nitemare15 Newbie

United States
    Okay. I don't need all of the extra's to be honest. What is this I hear about having to have a DS Lite or older DSi to use the Acekard2i though?

4. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    The m3i zero is more for if you want things like Real Time Save (same thing as save slots in an emulator), Real Time Guide (In game guide basically), really good responsive GUI, soft-reset, slow motion, etc.

Alot of people say "Omg get acekard it has 100% compatibility" and that's not always true. Plus even if it did, at most you may be waiting half a day to a day to be able to play it on the m3i zero.

Also the acekard does not need a DS Lite to upgrade, only just some sort of DS or DSi that isn't 1.4.

5. sumarth

sumarth Newbie

get the m3i
    the game compatibilty is the same, but the rest is a lot better
    an acekard needs a non-latest firmware ds to upgrade itself, a m3i does not need a ds to upgrade itself

the m3i is pretty much better in all aspects

6. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    Get the acekard I got both. I never use my M3 because it sucks. Its really glitchy when a new firmware comes out to fix a game it brakes an older game as well. Which I hate about it. I never had to use the RTS in the m3 because I didn't have any games that I need to use it in. I wanted to use RTS in Bowsers Inside story. But RTS in that game didn't work. Just get the Acekard 2i.
    Trust me don't get the M3 or you will regret it, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but soon and for the rest of your life.

7. DeltaBurnt

United States
    Ugh, stop being a stupid troll Jakob.

Jakob's making it look alot worse than it is. First of all the only game fix that has broken an older game was the latest Sakura (which was pulled from the downloads paged anyways). Also like I said you're the only one who can't get RTS working on that game. It works perfectly fine for me and alot of other people.

8. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    @Nitemare15 also beware the some of the M3 Zero's don't support Sleep Mode.

9. DeltaBurnt

United States
    >.>
    He's over exagerating with that btw

There are some faulty models that shut off the DSi when you close it. However if you send it back to the retailer they should send you a new one, AND acekards have had and have this problem as well.

10. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    alot of DSi cards have that problem from what ive read on here

they were the early cards though, all newer cards (from any company) should not have this problem

11. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Actually this reminded me about the Ak2i - I got one as soon as it was released & I had problems with it locking up on the Nintendo Health screen at random times - I tried all the 'tricks' (peice of card etc) but it still went wrong (I was using it on a DSLite by the way)

Since the firmware upgrade to work on a DSi 1.4 - it's been pretty much 'stable'

I guess with all newly released cards - there's bound to be teething problems